trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #151

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes... Yes she did... Unfortunately not just once.. but several times in variant of the original...

So you can't get additional information/context/meaning of words from someone who's dead then? Is this what you are says??

<could this be a new low of incredible question asked of witness on stand during a capital murde case?>

Not only that, she asked the same question in 3 different ways. Me thinks DT has not snooped their lowest yet. While this is beyond ridiculous, insulting, mean spirited, lowdown, dirty, deplorable, and just not humane - I believe the DT are so dug in now that they have no choice but to keep up this charade till the bitter end. It reminds me of a filibuster. At some time they will reap the consequences for assassinating the character and memory of a dead man and putting his poor family through months of prolonged hell. And that is a guilty verdict M1. And all the dishonest players in this will receive their dues as well in the only place that matters to them – their pocket book – as they watch their careers get flushed down the toilet.
And that the judge continues to allow this is so mysterious to me. That's her courtroom and she needs to reign it in.

She started in the Public Defender's office & now shares a practice with her CPA husband. I am really puzzled at how she seems to be really losing it in court--she seems totally unprepared, manic, shrill, and aggressive. She needs to do some handstands with JA during the break!

I hope JM will bring up her major debacle yesterday re: being totally wrong about Lenore Walker after she beat Dr.D over the head with her--"Have you ever MET Lenore Walker???????" sheesh

Don't know if this has been brought up yet, but Dr. Walker was on Nancy Grace last night and dispelled JW's blatantly WRONG statement that she does not 'use her own 6 criteria' anymore. Ms. Walker said she still uses this process and will continue to use it. Does Juan get to re-cross after Wilmott is done with Dr. De? If not, I hope he gets a motion in some how that what Wilmott said as fact in front the jury is NOT true and have it stricken from the record.

JD: Can I see the document to refresh? I don't want to give any information that would be misleading.

JW: You don't want to be misleading?

JD: Correct.

JW: Because you don't want to give any information to us that would be misleading?

JD:..Correct.

JW: Because the last thing you want to do is add anything that would be misleading.

JD:......Correct.

hahah. I'm almost embarrased for JW....almost but not!

This exchange was truly cringeworthy.
Really JW, your tone of accusation is over the top.
The witness was totally within her rights to want to know the question being asked of her.
But JW goes off for an extended side order of snark.
For realz?

Can't find a chicken running around with its head cut off gif, and that's probably a good thing, but I will offer this.
tumblr_ly5g6xs85C1qzmvmbo1_500.gif

closest thing I could find

[video=youtube;oBhrpD1x8zo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBhrpD1x8zo[/video]

Samuels-career over. ALV-career and reputation-over. JW-murdering her career and her future in front of the world. KN-jury's still out on him. He would do well to fly under the radar. The gall of JW, she is a horrible, disgusting attorney.:furious:

I hate to have to keep sticking up for the defense, but she wasn't given anything to work with. Jodi tied their hands and this witness is exceptional. Jenny is just trying to do her job.

.....I hope they have someone guarding the Red Bull dispenser at the Courthouse, JW has gone over her weekly allotment......:panic:

Wilmott is unlikely to have actual, personal disdain for this witness, even if it looks like it. How lawyers act in court with witnesses or opposing parties or during argument, in comments about opposing counsel's conduct or argument, etc., is usually vastly different from their personal feelings.

It's a job and trial is a performance.

Opposing counsel and I can be slugging it out in court at one moment and then talking about weddings, kids, new suits and cars and vacations, the next.

You will see it sometimes in this case where they approach the judge after the jury is gone and leave side bar smiling or laughing or whatever.

With witnesses, the friendliness and camaraderie you experience with some opposing counsel isn't there but you can act disdainful of them in court and outside of it, they mean nothing to you.

I think the only real hate right now associated with the case is from Dr. Samuels and Ms. Laviolettte toward JM, from those who love Travis toward jodi and anyone who supports her, and from jodi toward, well, everyone.

I totally understand what you are saying and I respect your opinions. We can see this example with politicians as well. People get so worked up about "their guy" and then you see the "adversaries" dining together or playing golf, whatever....

But I think, you know, lawyers are human too and they have feelings of envy and anger, etc. And Wilmott seems extra screechy and mean-girlish since cross of DDM began. She doesn't come across as "impersonal, just doing my job, getting my digs in where I can, and then I'm gonna move on".

When I hear your descriptions I picture Mr. M and Dr. DeMarte.

What I see from Mrs. Wilmott is a lot of very vocal scoffing, stamping her feet, and rolling her eyes. It's just so childish. I've never seen an attorney act this way. I've seen grand-standing. Jose Baez showed me a lot of things I had never seen, but Wilmott goes beyond the pale of what I have experienced.

Also I know she has to show solidarity with her client. But the giggling, hair stroking, and general intimacy between Wimott and Arias just seems beyond professional boundaries.

Just MHOO. :D

I'll say this for JW - at least she keeps a snappy pace. I'd rather have her doing this than Nurmi because...he's...soooooo...slooooooow. We'd still be listening to him asking about her credentials if he were doing the cross.

Silver lining and all that. ;)

JD is the one keeping it fast. She's not resisting every question like ALV.

Jennifer often smiles inappropriately and with such obvious sarcasm - it is almost frightening IMO

Behavior fleas jumping on JW from Jodi. Or maybe that is her personality. You are right, scary. Mostly dang annoying, I hope the jurors thinks so.

Man, this is worse than a trainwreck! Someone needs to stop Willmott, she is just NOT making any sense.

Dr.JD seems to have a lot of (good) things to say for the Prosecution side, which JM didn't tap into. I recall he even cut her off when she tried to clarify something. I'd like to hear more from her.
You may get your wish. Willmott's line of questioning opened gaping holes for JM to pursue in redirect if he chooses too.

Just a reminder that ALV didn't produce any written paper work, not a shred for the State, JM
I would have thought that the State of Ariz should/would have make that mandatory, especially since they're paying

just re-watched that last sidebar - it's possible JW was really upset because she just heard herself ask Dr DeMarte why she didn't get further information from Travis about what he'd meant. Even though he's 'no longer alive'.

I think that was a humiliating moment, and one she won't forget for quite a while. Pretty sure there may be others that wont let her forget it either.

I think its great to remind everyone as often as possible that "Travis is no longer around". The more someone can sneak it into their response the better. While it sounds morbid to say that, it really drives home the point that the woman sitting there known as the defendant is at fault for that.

After that masterpiece, JW will join Arias, Samuels, and LaViolette as those who will fade into obscurity after the trial while the demand for Dr. Demarte's services will skyrocket.

Why, yes we do say that often..We also know that saying has multiple meanings and if you are a southerner you never have to guess which meaning it's attached to....;)

not being a southerner I know the meaning....I even use the term...:blushing:

are they at lunch? my hubbs came home and "surprised" me to go to lunch.... i went dangit but i was here in spirit

want to suddenly SURPRISE them by coming home early, going to lunch and like that?
A hubby surprising with a lunch and home early...
jealous of trial watching?:drumroll:

Because it's not the judge's role to object, it's the opposing attorney's role, and why on earth would Juan object to this?

Wilmott gives the appearance of the tazmanian devil (the Warner Bros. version), spinning like a top around the witness, unable to do as much as ruffle DeMarte's hair in the effort. DeMarte simply looks at her with zero emotion on her face, albeit sometimes DeMarte has a mildly bemused look.

He objects when he actually needs to, when it's a significant issue. I think it's actually better to hold off on the objections when possible when you have a witness as capable as DeMarte is of handling it on her own. Much more effective for her to shut JW down than for JM to do it through objection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maxwell'sSilverHammer