trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #153

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it me? Does anyone think Dr. D and Jodi look alike? If so, what are the similarities. To me, they couldn't appear more different, other than the obvious dark hair parted on the side. Could that be what is tripping JVM and her THs up? lol
Eew. No, in my opinion. :eek:hwow: I think the THs are requested to take the defense side because I think this case is as close to a slam-dunk as a case can be. :cow:

I've probably missed something but it's not that hard for me to see how a murderer would have PTSD. That's not to say I believe in the fog and I will be very happy when justice for Travis finally prevails but I don't think having PTSD and guilty of Murder1 are necessarily completely exclusive.

ETA I was too busy screen shotting to hear DD's answer to can a murder cause PTSD at 08:25. Based on that, I see how people don't want it to be possible for JA to have PTSD [video=youtube;YDO0bqaIbmk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDO0bqaIbmk[/video]

,I love this witness, she answered the questions as if she were having a nice glass of wine with them. I think the bear/ tiger question was brilliant amongst others. This is very telling of the juror who asked. Clearly a Tigard attack would be different than a bear and your experience would be significantly different. A bear malls, a tiger goes for the throat in the event you survived you trauma would be or PTSD would vary as to your triggers etc. just my opinion

I will have to listen again, but I thought the follow up question was something like: Trauma is trauma, no matter if from a bear or a tiger. That is what worried me the most. But I might be remembering it wrong.

Aweeeeeee Thank you everyone for your help with my big ol screen shot!

I appreciate it!!! I feel 'LOVED' ;)

This question may have already been answered long ago, so excuse me for asking it - but whatever became of Dr. Demarte's lap top that was stolen? I never got the full story about that. Has anyone been arrested? Does anyone think it's related directly to this case? Like maybe a Jodi supported stole it or is my line of thinking - out of line?

Clearly i don't know how to add pics

If you want to add a pic, I usually resize them in Paint, or you can use www.tinypic.com to resize for you. If you aren't sure, you can also use "preview post" to check before you post. "Preview Post" is right next to "submit reply". If you need any help, feel free to PM me. I'd be glad to help. :)

What about us folks that cannot watch shows about the trial after working hours because family members get mad. Gotta keep the peace.

Opps! Hadn't thought of that because my hubby is GLUED to this trial. LOL! I didn't write out all the questions, but I bet Wenwe will post them soon! She catches everything!:seeya:

I believe when JA says, "I still can't marry him" (Travis) I think it's because she STILL can't get Travis to ask her!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kattrca View Post
I love this witness, she answered the questions as if she were having a nice glass of wine with them. I think the bear/ tiger question was brilliant amongst others. This is very telling of the juror who asked. Clearly a Tigard attack would be different than a bear and your experience would be significantly different. A bear malls, a tiger goes for the throat in the event you survived you trauma would be or PTSD would vary as to your triggers etc. just my opinion

That is the very question that gives me concern. I kept thinking...what? Fear is fear. I don't care if it's a snake you are a afraid of.....it's a real fear.
If the question had been regarding Jodi's made up fear of the ninjas, verses fear of Travis attacking her, that would have been fine. But I felt somebody was being snarky with this question.

,I love this witness, she answered the questions as if she were having a nice glass of wine with them. I think the bear/ tiger question was brilliant amongst others. This is very telling of the juror who asked. Clearly a Tiger attack would be different than a bear and your experience would be significantly different. A bear mauls, a tiger goes for the throat in the event you survived your trauma would be, or PTSD would vary greatly
as to your triggers etc. just my opinion

I'll bring my tigers and bears comment forward from the last thread:

I don't know if I remember her explanation correctly, by my understanding of it is that: If you report having nightmares about tigers, tigers attacking you intrude into your thoughts, you are avoiding the tigers at the zoo, etc. yet the trauma you reported was that you were attacked by a bear, that would be problematic and invalidate the test. There is no reason for you to be obsessing about tigers like that when it's a bear that attacked you.

If you want to add a pic, I usually resize them in Paint, or you can use www.tinypic.com to resize for you. If you aren't sure, you can also use "preview post" to check before you post. "Preview Post" is right next to "submit reply". If you need any help, feel free to PM me. I'd be glad to help. :)

Thank You!!!

Again, I must disagree. My GD's therapist said BPD can break down into 2 groups - those that harm themselves and those that harm others.

Certainly not all BPDs will do harm, but the odds are in favor they will, if not appropriately treated.
I'm gonna try this one more time, because I'm obviously failing miserably at communicating, I apologise.

Here's my original post.
Thing about Jodi and BPD is it's not that big of a deal, when it comes down to the driving force that caused her kill Travis. Lots of people suffer with BPD and do just fine in life; they are well adjusted and productive members of society - BPD doesn't mean someone is nuts at all. I think Jodi is truly nuts though, which has nothing to do with her BPD. IMO
She didn't kill Travis because of her BPD; she killed him because she's a sociopath, IMO.

Speaking of screen shots, there was an interesting view of JA when JN was recrossing the Dr. I would appreciate it if someone can capture this particular shot, as I do not how to do it. Juan is directing a question at Dr Demarte. JA is clearly not liking the answer and she wipes her hands across her face, chin and bears her teeth as in the scarey photo of her where she is posing and bearing her teeth. She is looking at the Dr when she does this.

I know bad etiquette to bring my post over but did want some feedback as the thread closed.

It was interesting listening to a TH today. She said it's important to have the jury know the difference between PTSD and Borderline Personality Disorder.

Defendants with PTSD can be rehabilitated, but those with BPD can not be rehabilitated. They fall in the same line as Serial killers. That's why JW and the defense are fighting so hard against the Borderline Personality Disorder.

According to the TH's a jury is more inclined to go for a stiffer sentence when a defendant cant be rehabilitated.

It seems this is why JW was fighting so hard.

Thoughts ?

When Samuels gave the test, the discrepancy was between the ninja story being the traumatic event, vs. the Domestic Violence of Travis. So I am assuming that the juror was referring to those two things as the bear and the tiger.

And that question worries me a bit because it seems as though they are saying it does not matter if she lied about the source of the trauma, fact remains there was a trauma and so she would likely have PTSD.

I wouldn't necessarily go all the way there. I thought they were just questioning whether it was that big a deal that RS didn't do the test again. In her opinion, it is.

I think as exacting as these tests need to be, and with their very strict protocols, it would be a good thing to repeat the test, even if you thought they'd come out the same. It's just about being precise and accurate.

This should clear up any lingering confusion over tigers and bears...

[video=youtube;gPSAu8xfmhk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPSAu8xfmhk[/video]

So, if after watching that you still don't get it, you are just thick and it's entirely your own fault.

I'll buy a margarita for whoever will tell me the wording of the juror tiger/bear question.

image.jpg

Speaking of screen shots, there was an interesting view of JA when JA was recrossing the Dr. I would appreciate it if someone can capture this particular shot, as I do not how to do it. Juan is directing a question at Dr Demarte. JA is clearly not liking the answer and she wipes her hands across her face, chin and bears her teeth as in the scarey photo of her where she is posing and bearing her teeth. She is looking at the Dr when she does this.

Today? In the first section, or after the jury questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV