DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
adieu friends..until Tuesday...

wvr52v.gif

This is :twocents::moo:
I don't think the tiger/bear question was snark.
I don't think it indicated that the juror thinks JA suffers from PTSD.
I saw it as a test of Dr.JD's impartiality and I think she failed.
From what I saw of the PSD test, the questions about symptoms were independent of the cause of trauma.
The question as I heard it, specifically referenced the PDS test.
Therefore, the results of the test - sp. a dx of PTSD - should not differ if causes differ.

DrJD very clearly demonstrated how Jodi's behavior was/is NOT in accordance with someone who suffers from PTSD. I see this as incontrovertible, frankly.

Flame away.

Quoting myself, guess I am getting desperate. Please someone answer my question or point me in the direction of the questions. PLEASE. No after dark or NG allowed at my house, bummer.

They are finally playing them on HLN!:seeya:

Hmm, that bear/tiger question was bad. I said it earlier, but it's not at all analogous to what happened with Jodie lying on the PTSD test. If the juror felt it was, they have a serious deficit in logic/reasoning.

I am of the opinion that there is a juror that is leaning towards the defense. I heard the judge say she was going to ask the questions in the order they were recieved. Now, if one of our court watchers can tell us who submitted those first questions, we will know who is leaning towards the defense side. I think the first three or so, were probably written by the same person, and maybe on the same sheet of paper. At least the first two were written by the same person, because it had a follow up. Now, who might know who submitted those questions, LOL......KLC, Pasa?

I don't regularly watch Dr.Drew, but realize that his co-host is from TLC. I thought I recognized her. :rolleyes:

Teresa Lynn Strasser (born June 8, 1970)[1] is an American writer and television personality known for hosting the first season of the home makeover show While You Were Out on TLC.

Teresa Strasser - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is exactly why I couldn't understand what the flip she was doing co-hosting his show while they're analyzing a murder trial. She even said that Dr. Demarte suffered from stage fright because she was drinking water. Never mind the fact that she was talking almost non-stop; no no, that wasn't the reason, she had stage fright. :rolleyes:

Actually, none of this -- PTSD, Trauma, Amnesia, Sex -- matters one whit. It's all the DT's attempt to focus attention away from the real jist of this trial: Premeditated or NOT re the murder. My opinion, of course.

It's true, PTSD treatment is more varied, but there is now treatment for BPD, called dialectic therapy. It's not widely used, yet, but it should be, as it's about the only hope BPD sufferers have at this time.

It has been a lifesaver for my family.

I have this type of therapy and CBT, it's all that's worked for me (and maturing). I want to apologize to so many people from 20 years ago but our therapy teaches us to let things go, this way we don't have a trigger and then start manipulating. Honestly we don't realize we are doing it because it's so natural. Only until you have a real eye opener do you understand things. Jodi is unique because she's not a addict (most BPD have addictions because it gives us moods besides mad and too happy). I've sat forever trying to figure out if she's a "psychopath" or a "sociopath". I think she's a psychopath.

I think Dahlmer had BPD with sadistic tendencies and social anxiety. hence his need for immobile people unable to leave him and his drug/alcohol addictions. Bundy however is a great example of a psychopath. JA's interrogation videos (all 18 of them) are intense to watch and mind blowing. Anyone else notice she changes hands to write a letter to TA's grandparents? I think that says a lot in itself.

Her residence was burglarized and the break-in reported to police.

Among the items stolen was her laptop which contained the psychological profile of Jodi Ann Arias.

I do not think that the DT would be shortsighted enough to avail itself of stolen property for unprofessional advantage.

In addition to being criminal conduct, being caught would be 'careericide'.

I think you misunderstood what I was asking. I wasn't accusing the defense team. I was wondering if a Jody supporter could have done it. Was anything else taken anything else from Dr. D's residence?

Words can't express what I feel towards Jose Baez. But he was a better attorney than this DT, IMO.

I don't think he was tbh. I think he had a stronger case. There was no cause of death for Caylee Anthony. And Casey unlike Jodi, kept her mouth shut.

There is a pro Jodi juror. I know it. And to be honest, he/she doesn't sound very bright. They ask silly questions that validate their non sense opinions (Jodi killed Travis because she saw no way out even though she lived 1000 miles away and could have chosen not to see him) and ignore logic. Maybe once Juan is done it will be even clearer that this was premeditated. Hopefully this juror is quickly swayed by the much more intelligent jurors or even better they are left out. And hopefully a really bright and strong willed juror does make it. Ugh, I hate this jury lottery system. But I'm scared now.

Well there's a 1/4 chance that juror won't even get to deliberate.

Words can't express what I feel towards Jose Baez. But he was a better attorney than this DT, IMO.

I agree! IMO, wasn't so much Jeff Ashton & LDB did anything wrong, I thought they did an excellent job, I really did...but Jose Baez was always doing the media thing, and continued to try to charm the masses - and the jury.

Nurmi & Wilmott remained quiet to media, not nearly as charming to the jury, & at this point not even caring about what their constant objections, requests for sidebar, and drawn out questioning of everyone are doing to the jury. I also think one of the biggest things is sequestration. It causes a 'pack mentality', which is never good when you're looking for individual, independent thought. JMO :)

(BBM)

Not directed at you personally Coldpizza... but I completely disagree with this TH's statement - matter of fact I think it's downright unprofessional of him/her to make a statement like that, especially on national television. There have been members here who have honestly and bravely disclosed that they have BPD and a statement like this is very hurtful to those who have it and work hard to overcome the obstacles a diagnosis such as this presents.

Nonetheless, there is treatment available for BPD;

According to NIMG... Types of psychotherapy used to treat borderline personality disorder include the following:

1.Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). CBT can help people with borderline personality disorder identify and change core beliefs and/or behaviors that underlie inaccurate perceptions of themselves and others and problems interacting with others. CBT may help reduce a range of mood and anxiety symptoms and reduce the number of suicidal or self-harming behaviors.

2.Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT). This type of therapy focuses on the concept of mindfulness, or being aware of and attentive to the current situation.1 DBT teaches skills to control intense emotions, reduces self-destructive behaviors, and improves relationships. This therapy differs from CBT in that it seeks a balance between changing and accepting beliefs and behaviors.

3.Schema-focused therapy. This type of therapy combines elements of CBT with other forms of psychotherapy that focus on reframing schemas, or the ways people view themselves. This approach is based on the idea that borderline personality disorder stems from a dysfunctional self-image—possibly brought on by negative childhood experiences—that affects how people react to their environment, interact with others, and cope with problems or stress.

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/borderline-personality-disorder/complete-index.shtml

ETA: Sorry, just noticed that the TH was specifically referring to "defendents" - so does that apply to just those with BPD who (like Jodi) have committed a serious violent act(s)? Just curious...

Awesome awesome post! Thanks for bringing this out!

I believe had the defendant had the opportunity to avail herself of these treatments early on, we would not be having this trial now.

Reading this straight off the NG scrolling banner as she's talking to Jeenkasuarus & BK: "Expert screams at defense: I can't analyze Travis, he's dead!"

Are you kidding me? In NO one's dreams did this witness, Dr DeMarte scream at anyone, ever. Why do they do this? Gosh I hate this kind of thing.

and again i say, NG doesnt tape while court is still on, cuz once again there is BETH
talking OUTSIDE the courthouse.

I've probably missed something but it's not that hard for me to see how a murderer would have PTSD. That's not to say I believe in the fog and I will be very happy when justice for Travis finally prevails but I don't think having PTSD and guilty of Murder1 are necessarily completely exclusive.

I wholeheartedly agree! And what does battered woman syndrome have to do with planning a murder and taking actions for that murder and cover up a whole week before carrying out that murder! How can you claim self defense after premeditating the murder?

I believe premeditation was proven.

Ng has got to quit bumbing her gums... Shut up nancy!!!!!!!

:rocker: Aweseome post!

I'm a firm believer PTSD occurs an accident, or life altering event.

Neither was the case with Jodi.

She carried on with her life, dry humped a guy in less than 24 hours after the killing.

And today we hear she exchanged phone numbers with a stranger on the plane ride back to CA after Travis' memorial. WTH

If a trauma is real and not imagined there's also no reason to lie. A person suffering from true PTSD would want relief from the trauma and it would be counterproductive to lie.

What about us folks that cannot watch shows about the trial after working hours because family members get mad. Gotta keep the peace.

Wow, I personally wouldn't put up with such an unreasonable family member.

Hurts to write positive things about Baez doesn't it .. my teeth gritted as I typed, but yes, he is a better attorney :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6