trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #153

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caption on the bottom of the screen on NG...

Expert screams at defense: "I can't analyze Travis, he's dead!"

PRICELESS!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I missed ALL day!! Can anyone queue this moment up for me?? I would owe you big time!!

At some point, didn't JA state that she had to kill Travis so she could move on, otherwise she wouldn't be able to get over him? I recall that having been a reason but do not remember if it was something she had written with the implication being this, or if she had said it.

MOO
Holy Crap, I never heard that! If she did....well, I have no words. Seriously. SICK.

Hurts to write positive things about Baez doesn't it .. my teeth gritted as I typed, but yes, he is a better attorney :banghead:

I don't think Baez is any better an attorney than either JW or KN. I'd even put him a notch or two below JW and maybe about even with KN. Baez only won that case because of the jury that was picked. :twocents:

This is :twocents::moo:
I don't think the tiger/bear question was snark.
I don't think it indicated that the juror thinks JA suffers from PTSD.
I saw it as a test of Dr.JD's impartiality and I think she failed.
From what I saw of the PSD test, the questions about symptoms were independent of the cause of trauma.
The question as I heard it, specifically referenced the PDS test.
Therefore, the results of the test - sp. a dx of PTSD - should not differ if causes differ.

DrJD very clearly demonstrated how Jodi's behavior was/is NOT in accordance with someone who suffers from PTSD. I see this as incontrovertible, frankly.

Flame away.

I'd be willing to bet if JD gave that test to a patient, and found out later the actual traumatic event was different than stated on the test, she would give it again, eliminating ANY possibility of this kind of question even coming up.

Shut the hell up nancy!!!

I like her generally but for the love of gawd, her angry little head bobbing in the bottom corner of the screen while she condescends to explain what's happening on the screen ("We are now at juror questions") or her opinion ("Who cares, when are we getting to the murder?") is just not necessary.

:truce: <--- We cry uncle. You win. You're right. You're great. Just shut. up.

I am still in awe that she succeeded in overpowering and killing this man. I don't want to argue if she is smart or dumb, but it took some foresight to imagine and create a scenario where Travis was vulnerable with very little power, and she was in power.

I also marvel how sneaky and insidious she was, to gain entry as a friend, have sex (likely), all while knowing she are a black widow lying in wait, waiting for the opportunity to slaughter your friend and lover.

BBM

You are in awe of this woman? THUD! Surely not.

Why are you in awe if I may ask? Many smaller females over the decades have heinously murdered males far larger than them. She sure doesn't corner the market. Some have even murdered them........removed their bodies from the home either burying them in the backyard or loading up their bodies and dumping them in another location.

None of those other women left photos of their murder though as it was happening from what I recall.

Men aren't bullet or knife proof........they can be mortally wounded just like anyone else. She did this obviously in an element of surprise. Travis never stood a chance whether this had been a male or female predator.

She sure doesn't leave me in awe of her. She is what nightmares are made of and one of the worst most evil remorseless defendants I've ever seen. She makes me literally ill.

IMO

Jodi left the camera behind because she ran out of time.

The roommates were due home and RB was expecting her.

I think she was taking a chance running it through the wash? Or maybe the jury thinks if she knew so much about cameras, why did she leave it behind as evidence?

does anyone know where I can read a copy of JA's journals?

This is :twocents::moo:
I don't think the tiger/bear question was snark.
I don't think it indicated that the juror thinks JA suffers from PTSD.
I saw it as a test of Dr.JD's impartiality and I think she failed.
From what I saw of the PSD test, the questions about symptoms were independent of the cause of trauma.
The question as I heard it, specifically referenced the PDS test.
Therefore, the results of the test - sp. a dx of PTSD - should not differ if causes differ.

DrJD very clearly demonstrated how Jodi's behavior was/is NOT in accordance with someone who suffers from PTSD. I see this as incontrovertible, frankly.

Flame away.

I'm sorry I said snark...poor choice of wording on my part...I should have said "insightful analogy ".
I
feel like I started a huge war here. I liked the question...thought it showed that the jury understood the validity of (or lack thereof) the testing based on the ninjas story....

I would never flame you for your opinion :hug:

Is there anywhere we can see the deleted photos vs the photos that were left on the camera? Do we even know for sure which were the deleted ones? TIA

Excuse me, I'm a NOOB here. Something I've been wondering about after listening to JA and the sex audio/photos/texts etc: I wonder if she actually hated sex but did it to lure in men. And when she debased (in her mind) herself completely - like she did having anal sex with TA (which may have been demeaning and physically painful for her even though she PRETENDED to enjoy it) - and he still didn't love her or respect her enough to want to marry her, she was overcome with such rage that she decided to kill him. Perhaps sex was the only form of control over men JA has/had her entire life and she used it to manipulate them, and even now, when she is on trial for her life, she cannot get past 'pretending' to enjoy it. I just don't know. I think she is 100% guilty of 1st degree M and deserves an eye for eye. JMHO.

I have a different theory. I believe that JA probably didn't care much for sex before she met Travis and I would bet my lunch that she had her first O with him and became addicted to having sex with him. It was probably the first time in her life that she actually enjoyed sex and didn't just use it to get what she wanted.

I don't think Baez is any better an attorney than either JW or KN. I'd even put him a notch or two below JW and maybe about even with KN. Baez only won that case because of the jury that was picked. :twocents:

I detest him. But I can't say I was ever bored, and I don't recall him asking the same questions 500 times. I think his courtroom skills are way above these two.

Why, why, why doesn't anyone ever say there is a high probability that camera ended up in the washer by accident? I have a feeling she had several articles in her hands to throw in the washer, and the camera was scooped up with them. I've thrown food scraps in the trash, and later on found I had accidentally thrown away a fork or spoon. And I wasn't under a fight or flight situation.

Gentle reminder:

Jean Casarez (or JC)

Jennifer Wilmott (or JW)

I do not know why we have so many "J" names in this trial, but one way or another, please remember that WS does not allow nicknames or name changes for case players.

:tyou:

all the "J"s are driving me nuts. Im sure I have made so many mistakes in typeing the wrong J-person.

I'm so glad Dr D made the point that the anger Travis expressed through those emails was always related to times when JA lied or had deceived him. Dr D sure put that into context. Makes Alyce look like a man-hater.

Ok so I thought about this too and still can't figure out how she overpowered him! I mean, she did - that's no question but how she wasn't beaten up (as he defended himself) I will never know. I'm pretty sure in one of the photos he's pulling his hand back to hit her. I think she startled him and that would be a natural response (or if he noticed the weapon). i'm wondering where she got him first to immobilize and take over? I think he was still able to walk around at first (the blood at the bathroom sink) and due to blood loss and her attacking him, he fell. The pictures are haunting but they leave a lot of questions.

What struck me was her desire to see the photos in all those videos. "Morbid curiosity" she kept saying. She wanted to see the autopsy photos specifically. To me that's showing she gets off on this and if given the chance she would reoffend. I really think she's a budding serial killer.

No remorse
Taking photos and that's her "MO" and how she captures them forever. Her trophies if you will. She kept bringing up her photos in the interrogation, if she talked about him at all.
no feeling of guilt or remorse

Also, the photos are the same sequence as "psycho" (I swear to god on everything). I've read somewhere else that she lived through films and fictional characters. I'm wondering if this was part of it? I looked at the side by side of TA's photos and the film .. it's pretty obvious.

I've also been wondering why she left the blood on the sink instead of sluicing a few cups of water over it with that plastic cup. The bloody sink speaks volumes. Why try to wash away all that blood but leave that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth