trial day 51: REBUTTAL; #158

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
updated with list of rebuttal witnesses defense wants to preclude updated with list of rebuttal witnesses defense wants to preclude and the purposes of their testimony

http://tamaratattles.com/2013/04/24...y-come-on-everybody-do-a-loco-motion-with-mi/

snipped from the article:

UPDATED: There is new speculation by Mary Ellen Resendez of Phoenix ABC News 15 that the defense team’s motion to preclude involves 5 witnesses including Suzie Dittman, Robert Brown, Dr. Kevin Horne, Jacob Meford and Diana Reid. Clearly, the last two testified on Tuesday. Robert Brown is another Mesa Forensics Computer Detective much like Michael Melendez who testified on Tuesday. Horne is the medical examiner to refute Jodi’s timeline of events with regard to the nature of the injuries. I can’t imagine the Judge allowing him to be precluded. Suzie Dittman is a fraud investigator for JP Morgan Chase. Her LinkedIn profile describes her job as, “Investigations (to) include internal & external crimes such as retail fraud referrals; longer-term, complex frauds requiring interviews with potential suspects and the identification of trends, patterns and ring identification. Provide support to the various Lines of Business within JPMorgan Chase, law enforcement and outside financial institutions in the investigation of potential fraudulent activity.” So her testimony will be about credit card fraud. It could be something exciting or just a second source to reinforce the gas station lady’s testimony about the need to verify a credit card after it is swiped for the third time, presumably for the third gas can. Attempting to preclude any of these people reeks of defense desperation in my opinion. Loco Motion indeed.

WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial
I have confirmation the hearing at 11:00am PDT will be live streamed. Cameras will be rolling and I will be tweeting. #JodiArias

Oh joy, more BS. This trial has made me lose faith in our justice system. It mocks the justice process.

The most beautiful words I have heard during this trial was yesterday after the Wal-Mart lady testified and Nurmi said "No questions, your honor."

When there is nothing to say, you should just keep quiet and quit trying to bu[[chit the jury. Finally, the defense did something that made sense!

I mean, what was that Daft Punk crap about? It was absolutely nothing, less than nothing even. Was someone with a brain supposed to infer something sinister from that? Geez, talk about flippin' desperate. That was a waste of time.

Mark Eiglarsh said last night that Mr. Nurmi is taking a pounding in the Twitterverse for his rude and uncouth behavior in court when questioning Deanna. To that I say "Yay Twitterverse!!!"

Yes :)

But unfortunately he willingly and purposefully defends sexual criminals. "I'm just asking". I doubt he cares much what people think of him.

He might, however, be worried that the jury is having a similar strong, incensed, repulsed reaction.

Man...........major "Computer Brain" last night!!!!! (It's a PTSD "thing", can't shut your mind off, urgh!)

JA's NARCISSISM was her Undoing!!!!!

Her over blown image of herself being a "Photographer" makes it IMPOSSIBLE for her to be near a camera without TOUCHING IT!!!!

If she hadn't taken the pics, no "deleted photos", no "scuffle" in the bathroom and down the hallway, no "palm print" in the hall, no "blood and DNA" to wash off the camera, she might never have been caught....but NOooooo, she had to pick up the shiny new camera because she is "the Photographer".

There is something about that laptop being accessed the last time on June 4th......JM made a point about asking Melendez about that yesterday, and JM doesn't just bring up something for nothing. Does it have anything to do with the 2nd computer forensics guy on the rebuttal witness list? And the DT's motion to preclude the state's rebuttal witnesses? And what if TA's seething email/texts were because JA had hacked into his BANK account and stole money? Does this have anything to do with the bank fraud gal, also on the rebuttal witness list? And did JA try to do it that one last time the laptop was accessed?

Questions, questions, questions!!!!!!! :banghead:

I'm not sure what it is, but I think that we are going to find out very soon exactly what made Travis so very angry with Jodi. She did something that made Travis :furious:, and I believe that whatever it was became the catalyst for everything that happened afterwards. Travis talks about Jodi having hurt him more than anyone else had ever done and told her that she was evil. Something had to have set him off enough to say such things because it was not in his nature to belittle or berate others. :moo:

updated with list of rebuttal witnesses defense wants to preclude updated with list of rebuttal witnesses defense wants to preclude and the purposes of their testimony

http://tamaratattles.com/2013/04/24...y-come-on-everybody-do-a-loco-motion-with-mi/

Thanks - great info on there. Although I was very unhappy to read this:

"Oh crap, remember all the speculation we’ve done about why Jodi was so freaking happy at the end of the day? Annie posted the answer in yesterday’s comments. I bet she found out the manslaughter lesser was going to be allowed into the jury charge. That would certainly do it!"

Something I've been thinking about. What if she tried to use the gun first, and it jammed. He then bum rushed her to get away and that's when the knife came into play. Then, as he was dying or dead, she finally got the gun to fire. There was no reason to shoot him at this point, other than shooting him.

In other news, there are Jodi followers who are saying that the Walmart person is lying. Wow.

Anyone know what this hearing is for?

It could be for the DT's surrebuttal and/or the precluding of the Prosecution's rebuttal witnesses....not sure, those look like the only 2 things that may apply?

it has bugged me too.....I have a feeling JSS won't allow it in. There is so much this jury has not been allowed to see or hear...just like the video yesterday....no audio...too prejudicial for JA...it's all about her rights :stormingmad:....the murdered have no rights.

Didn't JM ask ALV if she knew about messages from Jodi in jail??? AND when he asked the JSS if he could "ask the QUESTION"? I think these are all related!! I want to know!! :banghead::banghead:

Maybe we have to wait for his book/1st interview!?

I meant to double quote but haven't figured that out yet!

She said in the 48 hours interview that she was thinking "what would Travis do" and she pictured him smiling, so she flashed a smile. No end to her bs.

What's super weird about that statement is that in 90% or so of the pictures of Travis I've seen (particularly ones with JA), he isn't smiling at all, or is barely smiling.

HE doesn't smile and say cheese, SHE does though, in all of those pictures.

Yeah, you're right...even if the camera was damaged she thought LE wouldn't suspect anythng and just think that Travis had dropped it in water...that's so true. Plus there would be no fingerprints or DNA from her OR blood from Travis on it. No sex pics and no pics of killing, she thought LE wouldn't suspect ANYTHING regarding the camera. Also, do you remember testimony of where the camera case was when the police got there? I didn't see that part.

In this picture, You can see Travis bedroom door is at the top of the stairs of the "common room" with the bean bags (lovesacs). On the floor in front of the darker bean bag you can see the camera case.

I know that there is a clearer picture showing the case in this room I just can't find it.

Also adding, it would have been REALLY simple to escape a soaking wet naked angry man by running out of the room. Look how close the stair case is to his room.

Attachments

• slide_273021_1947074_free1.jpg
    slide_273021_1947074_free1.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 65
Her driving all over the place just blows me away. It's like me saying to DH, I'm going to drive to visit Elle Elle on Saturday, then Sunday I'm stopping in at Paintr's place for awhile. (opposite ends of the country LOL)

That's thousands of miles and JA speaks like these people were just around the corner from her.
:floorlaugh:

bbm
may i add she won't call and let them know she is coming either. :floorlaugh:

Two teenage girls lifted a 3,000 lb tractor off of their father in Oregon a couple weeks ago. Adrenaline is some powerful stuff!

And seriously -- I did it with my DH. Admittedly, I am in pretty good shape and quite strong....but so was Jodi Ann!

I'm 5'5, 51 years old and not fit at all, and I moved 2 rooms of furniture around, from one room to another. Dresser, Chest, beds, mattresses, over carpet with nothing but me pushing and pulling.
Why, because I got tired of waiting on someone to help me, so I just got a little umm mad and did it.
So I know she could pull him easily, and put him where she wanted him.

Did you all see this video on Dr. Drew last night?

It's just a clip of the show, I can't find the actual video, but you see the true Travis!
This is a video taken right after a snowmobile accident. JA said that Travis went ballistic after she dropped the camera.....
Wait until you see this.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/04/23/exclusive-travis-after-snow-mobile-accident

Chris Hughes has the video posted on his You Tube channel. If you search for his account it's under C. S. Hughes - I believe it's the last video he posted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Long time lurker, first time poster. First, I want to say "thank you" to all who actively participate on this board! I don't really have anyone in my life following (okay, obsessing over) the trial with me, so it's been nice to come here to affirm my thoughts/confusion/frustration! For me, I try to use empathy in any of the cases I follow; asking the "whys" and "hows" and what-not. I think it's natural for humans to try to use their own understanding of life, and their own experiences, to attempt to comprehend how something so sordid can even happen. I think this is why I'm so drawn to this case. Travis could be my friend, my brother, my co-worker. He's obviously a great guy who made a detrimental decision on who to date. I can relate to him on many levels. It just tears my heart to pieces to see his family in the court room.

The more I see of Jodi, the more her "crazy" comes to light. I mean, of course we've known there's something wrong, but the mumbling, the scribbling, the giggling, the smirking...is it me or is getting worse?? Perhaps the length of the trial, while frustrating (especially hearing KN talking about sex ad nauseum), is its own blessing in disguise. Maybe the jury is seeing her "losing it" and revealing her true colors; able to take DM's testimony, apply it, and think "oh okay, now I get it. 2 and 2..." Her weird reactions are just so inappropriate and across-the-board socially unacceptable. You're life is on the line, and you can't even look at the witness (Ms. Reid)???

I know the usual fear is trials lasting this long have the jury sympathizing with the defendant and less likely to recommend DP, but I really think it is the opposite for this jury. Or at least I hope. :please:

At any rate, I'm sure I haven't said anything enlightening, as you all are on top of it! But I appreciate the opportunity to just vent for a moment :tyou: I saw several requests for guests to register, so I did! I look forward to continuing to read all of your insight and profound revelations. Justice for Travis!

Didn't JM ask ALV if she knew about messages from Jodi in jail??? AND when he asked the JSS if he could "ask the QUESTION"? I think these are all related!! I want to know!! :banghead::banghead:

Maybe we have to wait for his book/1st interview!?

I meant to double quote but haven't figured that out yet!
Actually that question came from a juror!! They are not missing anything, and I love that.

That mystery almost qualifies for the 8th Wonder of the World.

I think our mistake is thinking they DID have sex. Personally I don't think they did. I think Arias ambushed Travis' home with gun in her hand. After all, why steal a gun, risk driving with it (without a permit) across 3 state lines, only to end up using a knife?

I think the gun was a tool for control.

I can't, won't and refuse to consider Travis had sex with that *advertiser censored* that day. I just can't.
The photos of the two of them look completely staged. No one is remotely happy in them. Not even Stabby!

I pointed this out yesterday, in all the photos of her, never once are her hands showing. Which makes me think she had a remote control of some sort to activate the camera.
At this point, Travis was so disgusted with her, why in the WORLD would he want nude photos of her? First off, he wasn't the type. Second off, she'd be the type to do something like this and perhaps 'forward' them to another woman.

I also don't think Travis' camera was used entirely that day. Some how I believe she uploaded at least two photos onto his camera. The two that had no time stamps for sure.

I don't know how she did what she did but the Defense's version and even the State's version, don't add up. And I think the State knows this but instead of speculating, they're just running with what they know for sure. And that is, Arias was at Travis' home on June 4th and murdered him.

All the 'pre' 'during' and 'post' events are almost irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

It's getting physically harder with each passing day for me to even look at this killing machine. My soul/spirit literally rejects her. So odd.

That is a really good bunch of points, Dawn. This is so perplexing overall. But the point about her staging pics that she can then use for blackmail makes total sense to me.

I could easily see her doing this while TA was somewhere else. By having them on TA's bed, she could claim she and TA were still sexual active. Either to other girlfriends, possibly using her trusty 'oops, accidentally sent Mimi a naked Jodi pic' using TAs e-mail account. Or possible to his bishop. Or any number of PPL people.

She is capable of anything. I am convinced she was either threatening, or actually blackmailing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member