trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #159

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What point is there in debating shelves -- She told the Detective twice that Travis didn't have a gun. In her Ninja story she runs in the closet but never mentions she was trying to get Travis' gun.

Thanks for posting the schedule. I hope that a Moderator will include it with the daily admonitions about posting.

I can't help but wonder, if one counted all the calendar days (or business days) since this trial started, what % of days was trial held? My guess would be 15 of all calendar days, and 30% of business days. I feel so sorry for these jurors.

ETA: I don't believe closing arguments will be next Thursday and Friday. I bet they will be delayed.

Regarding the schedule the judge rolled out -- my guess is that she is allowing the surrebuttal. Juan is clearly close to done, and even if he had 5 more witnesses he could finish that in less than a day. Judge made the point that whatever is happening on Wednesday could take all day, and they would stay until it's done. My guess is she granted D's motion but said you have 1 day and that includes time for JM to cross. Then Th and Fr are closing/jury instructions. That is my guess.

DT watching the status of their case today:

BIppQQlCcAAMHoa.jpg:medium

I'm giving up for the day. Have a wonderful evening everyone!

See you back here tomorrow :)

Part II of the questions. Wild is on WAT2 now

Nurminator is done with his questions. Judge is sending jury back to the juror room and will get them shortly. #JodiArias
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

Wild About Trial 2 Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 24m

Nurmi wants to make sure the entrance Flores was talking about tot he attic was in this closet. Flores confirms that fact. #JodiArias
Expand
Wild About Trial 2 Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 25m

It almost sounds like Nurmi says "hokay" instead of OK. I like how he goes from the eeeaaannnndddd into a sigh. #JodiArias
Expand
Wild About Trial 2 Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 26m

In AZ gun registration is not required. Nurmi clarified this point. #JodiArias
Expand

Juan has no questions for Flores, Nurmi has a few. #JodiArias
Expand

Juror questions are over. So GD tired of this tweet limit, ruined my flow and I missed questions! #JodiArias
Expand
Wild About Trial 2 Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 27m

I am on this account now, over tweet limit :( #JodiArias
Expand
Wild About Trial 2 Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 18 Apr

Wild has his laptop at lunch for the first time for quicker responses. Wild always has work on his mind. #JodiArias
Expand

@Twinz2 Suit? ROFLMAO. Wild doesn't do suits. Only slankets.
View conversation

Wild has learned not to rush out of the courtroom because he just ends up waiting at the elevator anyways. #JodiArias
Expand

@gooseandmindi I didn't see much note taking at all just now.

True, I'm in AZ all my stuff goes in my basement.
Arizona attic = pizza oven. How many people do you know who store Christmas items (like candles and aerosol cans of fake snow) in the stove? Yep. Makes as much sense as gun-tot'n Mormon ninjas. :floorlaugh:

It makes my heart ache to think that the real healing process for Travis' family begins after this trial is over. Exhausting...

Can you please tell me if this part of her testimony was with Nurmi or Juan?

Hope this helps. Starts at about the 40:00 mark.

[video=youtube;8bPblAAlOx0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bPblAAlOx0[/video]

Then why is everything done in secret? Can she not make a ruling without the attys. approaching the bench? Sure she's giving the defense everything they want, practically, because she doesn't want it on her record that a DP trial was overturned. Got it. But, at some point, doesn't justice for Travis factor in? I "get it" that she is bending over backwards and turning cartwheels for Jodi.....I've watched many, many trials. DP and LWP....never, ever seen a judge act like her. Never.

Since I'm just back from a TO, I'll just say ITA with you and leave it at that.

I wonder if the jurors will take the time to recreate Jodi's impossible scene like countless of us and TH have done.

At this point, I know that JA's defense team has to know that she is guilty and that she actually pre-planned and carried out a plot to murder another human being. What I can't get is how JW can be so chummy with her with that knowledge. That thought just really HIT me in a way that it hadn't before. We've seen them giggly and laughing together, whispering to one another, JW brushing back JA's hair, etc. And, this is a woman who actually drove 1000 miles to execute a preplanned murder on an unsuspecting target. On someone's brother, grandchild, cousin, friend... And JW goes beyond just being a competent council with her interaction with her. I just don't get it.

Yeah and when Wilmott moves on to her next client, I wonder how well JA will take the brush off.

Absolutely, and from Walmart no less, on the occasional small purchase. I assumed it's store policy because maybe it's less paperwork, or maybe the credit card processor is temporarily down at the time I get my refund.

The computer's keep track of how many returns a customer makes and with/without a receipt. If customer usually has a receipt and the return is under a certain dollar value they will offer cash or a "gift card", customer's choice. If there are many returns without a receipt they offer a gift card. :twocents:

Tonight's Bold Accusation: Ummmm. Ya, we ran out of stuff because this has gone on so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake12