trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #159

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It should have ended in January IMO. How the Defense has stretched this circus trial out is beyond me except for the fact that every witness was
asked the same question over and over and over again. Defense has no
evidence and the trial is in month 4. Total waste of time and money on
the defenses side. If I was on that jury, I would have lost my job.

Courtesy of Judge Sherrie Stephens. It's her courtroom. The buck stops with her. Attorneys push boundaries--that's what most attorneys do. It's up to the judge to set the limits, keep the schedule, and make things run smoothly. The wheels of justice grind very slowly indeed, but a judge who doesn't have complete control of the courtroom and the time and the proceedings only makes it drag on longer.

I use my DD's old abandoned desktop, that already has a virus, to go see the JAII site. I would be afraid of going there with my laptop.

About the confession. Over at that site, many believe that Jodi only confessed because she mistakenly believes she killed Travis. They think that she blanked out after she had to defend herself from his attack on her. And she ran away, then his roommates came in and killed him and staged the scene. They did this as a Mormon ritual of some kind, since he was breaking the rules or something.

Seriously, I am not joking. That is what they actually believe. :stormingmad:

That is just so ludicrous, it's laughable. It really shows what sort of numbskulls there are in the world.

I wasn't allowed to post yesterday, so gonna post it now.

IMO, the reason that the 3 different transactions for gas is so important to prove that she had 3 gas cans, is one, the lie that she returned it.

But more important, is that she actually TWICE filled up those cans, and BOTH TIMES she filled 2 of them together, and 1 seperately.

This PROVES she was purposely trying to keep the 3rd gas can out of the equation.

Also, IMO, the reason she had to use her credit card on the 3rd transaction in SLC was because she was actually out of cash.

Her car held approximately 10 gallons - since she didn't run it out and probably had a 12 gallon tank.

The 2 gas cans held the other close to 10 gallons. She CLEARLY knew she could shut down the pump or just stop the pump mechanism to move it over to fill the other can. She could have filled the 3rd one the same way, but she didn't.

Goes BIG TIME to premeditation!!!!!

the whole gas can thing still baffles me. I'm glad she lied repeatedly about the 3rd can, because now she's caught in a major lie, but why would she ever need to use any of the gas in the cans? so why keep any of the receipts? but the thing that really baffles me is this--did she think they wouldn't find out about the rental car? or that they wouldn't notice that the miles she put on the rental would match up with a trip to mesa first? why go through all that with the gas cans when the rental mileage gives you away?

I am kinda new to the Websleuth's family and I was not sure where to ask this..

Is there a thread that has a list of the members here who visit the courtroom. Maybe a thread that does not have discussion just "court & Jury reports". Also, does all the invesitigating that the members do just end up in random threads or is there one in particular that has research on things like (cell phone tower pings, Travis's credit card activity (maybe she stole his credit card and used it), did they ever look under the hood of the first rental car to see if she hid the .25 in the motor like she hid the 9 mil)

I love this site but not sure where certain post maybe. I just need to learn the ropes. In the meantime I am reading all the threads but everyone moves at such a fast pace, I am afraid I could miss out on some main "sleuth" work.

Hello everyone! New here. Just wanted to drop in and say hi! I have been lurking for a few days and have a question. I thought I heard Jodi say she was trying to save money on gas by filling up the gas cans with cheaper gas, but wouldn't buying a gas can negate any savings on the gas itself? Gas cans aren't cheap ($10 +/-). Did Juan bring this up during the gas can questioning?
Thanks! Love this site!

Sunny In AZ.

Thank you for the Mikee Youtube. Really appreciate it. xo

I posted this information a while ago before rebuttal started, but I thought I'd re-post it now for those who are contemplating the photos the defense admitted claiming they prove JA's hair was "brown" in May 2008:

* #115 * *
04-15-2013, 06:14 PM
zoozoo
Posted this earlier in main thread but it got buried when hearings started today:

Have been rewatching Dworkin's testimony Day 13 (defense forensic computer guy): it seems the pictures defense admitted with JA and sis and JA and dog (to prove JA had brown hair in May 2008) only had "file" info, not "exif" data. My understanding is the only way to confirm the pics were taken in May 2008 and not before is if there is "exif" data. The "file" data shows the pic was "handled" in May 2008 (could have been taken earlier and then sent/saved onto memory card in May 2008). IMO these photos were probably taken earlier (in 2007h and then loaded onto this memory card either so JA could easily upload them to MySpace or the camera was new, and she loaded photos from computer onto her new camera for easy access, to take to a place to make print-outs or something. I think JM's forensic computer guy in rebuttal will show she is lying about when these photos were taken.

Evidence that supports these photos were taken before May 2008 (likely before May 2007) comes from JA's MySpace page. If you go to her page and look under photos, album called "my photos", you see a collection of photos loaded on February 27, 2007 and ONE OF THOSE PHOTOS is of JA in the same outfit, with the same dog, in front of the same brick wall as IN THE PHOTO ENTERED INTO EVIDENCE AS #414 (I think that is the correct #) that the defense is claiming was taken in May 2008 showing JA with brown hair. Now, I guess she could have created this album in 2007 on MySpace and then added this one photo in May 2008? I am not sure if that is possible or not. I thought the date under the album reflected the last time the album was updated, but I am not sure. Maybe someone out there knows.

Also, additional information on the photos defense had admitted trying to prove JA had brown hair in May 2008: their exhibit 213 (again, I think that is the correct #) of JA with her sister with the red background (defense claims "file" data says this was taken in May 2008 but no "exif" data exisits to confirm that) looks like it is one in a series of photos one of which was posted on JA's MySpace page in the album called "Family" that was created on May 11, 2007. IMO the defense will be blown out of the water on this photo evidence. JM is going to show these photos with her brown hair were from 2007, not 2008.

At any rate, I think JM is on to this and will prove it in rebuttal. He is going to show that JA lied once again about when these photos with her brown hair were taken. IMO he will be able to prove these were likely taken long before May 2008. This will also bolster his claim that JA died her hair brown AFTER renting the car and BEFORE the nude photos at Travis's house on June 4th. This supports premeditation.
:goodpost: Oh boy! As a very dear friend of mine likes to say, "Hells-a-Popp'n."
Thanks for reposting. Stayed tuned . . .

OMG! The security camera at the WaMu . . . blonde or brunette? I hope LE got that before it was too late. :please:

Ahh good point!

Resp. Snipped:

JMO and MOO ... but this sounds like something Jodi and/or her supporters would do for "attention" ... they are sooooooo desperate !

:waitasec: I hope they checked Donavan and her pals' cell phone records ...

:moo:

I agree. It is not up to Wilmott, the jury decides, this person is a fool.

I use my DD's old abandoned desktop, that already has a virus, to go see the JAII site. I would be afraid of going there with my laptop.

About the confession. Over at that site, many believe that Jodi only confessed because she mistakenly believes she killed Travis. They think that she blanked out after she had to defend herself from his attack on her. And she ran away, then his roommates came in and killed him and staged the scene. They did this as a Mormon ritual of some kind, since he was breaking the rules or something.

Seriously, I am not joking. That is what they actually believe. :stormingmad:

This mentality where people IMAGINE a scenario in their head and then proceed to BELIEVE it I so disturbing to me.

Unfortunately, it is not unique to the people that frequent that site.

Hello everyone! New here. Just wanted to drop in and say hi! I have been lurking for a few days and have a question. I thought I heard Jodi say she was trying to save money on gas by filling up the gas cans with cheaper gas, but wouldn't buying a gas can negate any savings on the gas itself? Gas cans aren't cheap ($10 +/-). Did Juan bring this up during the gas can questioning?
Thanks! Love this site!

:seeya: WELCOME :seeya:

Yes this was brought up and she then changed that story to being the 1st time taking this trip and was worried would run out didn't know if gas stations on the route. BLAH BLAH BLAH

:seeya:Rose-Was this recently or after the verdict came in..I don't want to miss this if it happen recently-TIA

SyraKelly...these are old interviews that came out just after the verdict. I don't recommend that anyone watch these interviews! I almost threw up!

Why did Jodi need to fill the gas cans in SLC?

This almost sounds like the beginning of a joke, "why did the chicken cross the road?" kind of thing. LOL.

The filled up purposely in SLC because SLC was her alibi, Ryan Burns was her alibi. She wanted to show that she was never in or near Arizona. Careful, careful planning.

I edited my post. The Jodia Arias twitter is still there. Must have been another one. My apologies.

wasn't me said:
I mean, she was just passing through town. If there was a scam with an employee she knew, why couldn't she just get the person to give her the can for the cash and NO receipt?

All that elaborate dummy sku stuff for $13? :facepalm:
Even a cash transaction would still generate a receipt, the register is a computer, and you would still need a SKU number to enter. I never tried to makeup one, if an item was missing one, a manager would supply me with a number to enter, and we had security cameras on all our registers, had to punch in our employee numbers, and loss prevention (security) would review our transactions.
Also, employees are financially rewarded for reporting dishonest employees.

To cover her tracks and keep in line with the "gas is more expensive in CA" story.

That or she's not Einstein as she claims she is.

She thought she everybody fooled. Little did she know that companies do in fact keep records.

Why did Jodi need to fill the gas cans in SLC?

Wanted to post this for Travis today.

elephant_tricks_photo_art-rf8a10eb77ded48ea9d897dcb3dde8a98_f65d5_8byvr_512.jpg

Thank you....it's like two tons of Juanderful....:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads