trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #159

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...b23fd2-ac75-11e2-9493-2ff3bf26c4b4_story.html

Arias is profiting from her notoriety by selling drawings from jail on a website operated by a third party, her mother, Sandra Arias, has said. According to the site, some pieces are fetching more than a $1,000, and Sandra Arias said the money is being used to help pay for family expenses while attending the trial. Nothing prevents Arias from profiting from her notoriety given she hasn’t been convicted of a crime.
A woman in the gallery who attends the trial regularly also says she operating a Twitter account on Arias’ behalf, gathering comments from the defendant via jail phone calls. Some of the Tweets have consisted of religious quotes, while others attack the prosecutor and TV pundits who expound on the case daily.
The Associated Press cannot confirm, aside from with family and friends, whether the Twitter account or website are actually her words or artwork

BBM. Even when she is convicted she can still profit from her lame artwork. As long as it is not something related to the crime itself, like a book about the crime or say a drawing of Travis. Her art sucks and she was not good at photography either. Only in her own mind. Narcissist.

Why does it annoy you? It is just a question.. Someone said her hair color was different soon after the murders. The hair dye had to come from somewhere.

It annoys me because instead of talking head on HLN saying, no its not hair dye that was purchased on that receipt he acts as if maybe she unearthed something that no one including Juan Martinez knows about.

So perhaps HLN annoys me more than anything?

We don't know where the hair color came from but we do know it wasn't from walmart when she purchased the gas can.

Just so Nurmi doesn't get all jealous and ask for a mistrial…we have the "Nurmettes"

:HHJP::HHJP::HHJP::HHJP::HHJP::HHJP::HHJP::HHJP:

Well, I actually do wear vintage cufflinks when I lecture. I like to dress for that. However, when sitting in this particular meeting, it will be important for me to be academic, professorial, and smarty-pants-like when I interject an occasional comment to make it appear as though I am actually paying attention. If I am a bit tipsy, I am likely to blurt out something more akin to, "Are we done yet? I need to get back to the Arias trial." This would likely result in a chilly reception from my colleagues.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: you should qualify your interjections with phrases like..."Did I ask you whether the department needed more pencils...", and "Dr. Smith...are you having memory problems...?" and "Reallllllllllllllly"...just randomly insert these, it would be a hoot!!!!!:floorlaugh:

Jean Casarus (sp?) just said on HNL that she has paid with credit cards for items - and gotten cash in return. Whaaat? That has never happened for me. They always say that you get the refund in the form you paid for it: Credit card gets credit card refund. Cash gets cash. Has anyone besides JC gotten cash for credit card charge??

BBM. Even when she is convicted she can still profit from her lame artwork. As long as it is not something related to the crime itself, like a book about the crime or say a drawing of Travis. Her art sucks and she was not good at photography either. Only in her own mind. Narcissist.

I think her photos suck, she's hardly even an amateur photographer. However I do think she is somewhat talented and can draw/sketch pretty well. I don't like the style of her drawings though - reminds me of bad 80's art.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: you should qualify your interjections with phrases like..."Did I ask you whether the department needed more pencils...", and "Dr. Smith...are you having memory problems...?" and "Reallllllllllllllly"...just randomly insert these, it would be a hoot!!!!!:floorlaugh:

They'll just think I had a stroke.

I agree. I know that there is at least one CVS receipt but we haven't seen the list of items that is on it yet. I hope that will be where we see a hair dye purchase along with her family sized bottle of KY.

BBM

:floorlaugh:

Soooo much wrong with the bolded text.

Were these items offered as a storewide BOGO, or does Jodi like to buy duplicates of everything? Two sunscreens and two acne wipes? Among her many mental health issues, was Jodi into hoarding, too?

One for each hand - remember she is an ambi :D

Am I wrong or did JA give a different version of how she met Travis. IIRC, she said he just walked up to her at the PPL event and introduced himself to her.

But I thought the friend of Travis', can't recall his name, said that he's the one who introduced Travis to her.

I heard both instances that you are referring to. :seeya:

I think her photos suck, she's hardly even an amateur photographer. However I do think she is somewhat talented and can draw/sketch pretty well. I don't like the style of her drawings though - reminds me of bad 80's art.

So embarrassing to hear her say they were going to do a "photo shoot" as if she would have the first clue how to do a real one.

It annoys me because instead of talking head on HLN saying, no its not hair dye that was purchased on that receipt he acts as if maybe she unearthed something that no one including Juan Martinez knows about.

So perhaps HLN annoys me more than anything?

We don't know where the hair color came from but we do know it wasn't from walmart when she purchased the gas can.

I think what they are talking about is a potential witness may testify when she had her hair dyed, (professionaly), and it was not done at the time JA says it was.

It annoys me that people think that she bought hair dye at walmart (if you are watching HLN)

The purchases Jodi made that are on the Walmart receipt are
Gas Can
2 Sunscreen
and
2 Acne Wipes. NOT HAIR DYE!!!

It's amazing that she can think about how oily, and protected from the sun, her skin is at the same time she's planning the "perfect" murder of Travis! It's like going to the store and saying, "Yes, I'd like some Cheetos, a little bit of cilantro for salsa, and, oh, yes, that cute little revolver right there! Do you have any ammo?" :stormingmad:

What annoys me more is when they honestly believe they're fearful the prosecution didn't look! Lol

Thank you!!

Like somehow The Mighty Mr. M overlooked it, right? I don't know why, but that's one of my biggest pet peeves. Don't question The Juan. :D

Won't surprise me in the least but am hopeful the judge will be able to keep this trial on track rather than allow for another wasted day of testimony in front of a jury who I presume is as anxious as anyone else to get to the end of the line.

It almost seems a waste to bring the jury in for just 2 or 3 hours, because with sidebars, breaks and stalls, I doubt if we get more than an hour of testimony. Sorry for being so negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kcou111