trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #159

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so trial watchers? How long will it be going today?
I won't be at all surprised if there is no trial at all today. I'm not being pessimistic - just realistic.

It's supposed to start at 1:30 - but that's not going to happen.

I am so looking forward to the day the jury tells Jodi Arias that they see her as Juan Martinez has presented: a jealous murderous monster. They will then be hated in her eyes--she won't stand up and lick her lips and smile and stare at them. She will glare at them. And it will make me laugh!

Poor Jodi--she still needs them to sentence her to life and not death. But she'll be so consumed by hate, will she be able to beg for her worthless life?

It will be so satisfying to behold.

Have to say: I would like to see her beg for her life, given what she did. But, I don't see it happening.

am i the only one that is getting anxious and impatient waiting for today to begin? its 8.50pm here and its been a day thats dragged in :sigh:
you are really going to be up late watching it..for me it will end about
7 :30 pm late for me

No it's not "common." Maybe if you are an attorney and your client is a mobster then you should get used to death threats (from your client), but your average attorney (even defense attorneys) do not typically get death threats.

How do you know?

IIRC She last filled up in Pasadena and then SLC?

Pasedena to Mesa is 386 miles
Mesa to SLC is 669 miles

am i the only one that is getting anxious and impatient waiting for today to begin? its 8.50pm here and its been a day thats dragged in :sigh:

You are a trooper...it's 5 o'clock here and I thought that was late...hang in there...Juan will make it right....:seeya:

Jodi is not the one who is demanding anything. All these actions are those of her lawyers. Jodi wouldn't know when to create a motion or hold in camera hearings. She has zero background in legal proceedings. She's doing nothing but sitting there coloring/drawing and gossiping to JW. She is not "pulling the strings" (except for maybe the convenient 2 migraines). I think some are giving her much more credit as being some kind of mastermind of this trial. Nope.

We're dealing with a weak, scared judge who doesn't manage time efficiently and 2 defense lawyers who are trying everything they can think of to help their client. I think we should be thankful and here's why: we want JA to have had a vigorous defense so she won't be able to legally claim "incompetent council" as an appeal point. She'll appeal whatever she gets unless it's less than first degree murder.

Not quite..........JA is known as quite the little "Jail House Lawyer" and was trying to represent herself there for a while. Go to the Courthouse site and see all the random requests made by the DT, ie JA in the last almost 5 years. JA, as the defendant, is the one dragging this on. This should have been done and over within 2 years after her arrest. She also changed her story, not once, but 3 times, forged letters she wanted to put into evidence that had to be analyzed by handwriting experts, and what about all the time it took for her "experts" to evaluate her?

The judge is NOT weak. She is making sure nothing gets by her that causes a mistrial or an appeal. This is not her only case, nor the only case going on in Maricopa county.

The only person there causing grief for the Alexander's, dragging on the proceedings, vilifying TA, pulling the string on requests and motions, taking the stand for to give her entire life history, is JA.

Any anger or frustration should be pointed in the direction of the murderer, NOT the court. JMO.

I wonder - has there been any evidence about whether she'd ever rented a car before? I agree with you, and I think the fact that rental car mileage is so carefully recorded when you pick up and drop off the car is the one major thing she overlooked in concocting her "alibi." Her efforts seem more geared toward minimizing the TIME she spent (e.g., lying about when she left home, saying she got lost and slept in the car, etc.) rather than the DISTANCE she'd covered.

I just can't help but wonder if she honestly didn't know that the mileage would give her away... just like she didn't know that photos can be recovered from a memory card even after they're deleted... just like she didn't know that forensics would be able to determine that the knives in the dishwasher didn't match TA's wounds... just like she didn't know that gun owners typically keep "accessories" like ammunition...

High IQ or not, her "high school dropout" lack of forward-thinking skills seems to crop up quite a bit.

She was high on verbal but must have been on the lower end of critical thinking in her scores. Add to that "Mark my word, I will never been convicted..." attitude makes it a major fail for her.

It seems hard to believe that JM hasn't had his fair share of death threats.
Only diff is that he isn't whining about it to the media to substantiate the idiotic claim that this is "a modern day equivalent to the Salem Witch Trials which ended in 1693."

A normal gallon of liquid weighs 8 lbs so they may have been starting there and not realize gasoline weighs less.

8 x 5 = 40lbs for a filled 5 gallon container of liquid, but less than that if that liquid is gasoline or kerosene.

I hate saying this for those who have to work today...DRINK!
Trial?????? Anyone?

It seems hard to believe that JM hasn't had his fair share of death threats.
Only diff is that he isn't whining about it to the media to substantiate the idiotic claim that this is "a modern day equivalent to the Salem Witch Trials which ended in 1693."

Yes, that line does resonate, doesn't it.

Did you hear what a caller on HLN said?? she wondered if they looked for hair color on that receipt from Walmart... :)

....this is strange...I mean the "real Bozo" happens to be my ex...and I might have muttered death threats under my breath...but I don't think anyone actually heard me?....:floorlaugh:
Mrs Jose Baez?????

Google "attorney received death threats" and you get 87 million hits.

I hate saying this for those who have to work today...DRINK!
Trial?????? Anyone?

Hedonist. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time whilst I endure an excruciatingly boring and thoroughly unnecessary meeting.

It annoys me that people think that she bought hair dye at walmart (if you are watching HLN)

The purchases Jodi made that are on the Walmart receipt are
Gas Can
2 Sunscreen
and
2 Acne Wipes. NOT HAIR DYE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online