trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #159

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile back in chambers, Nurmi is frantically sniffing his finger and asking the judge if we can go back... Willmonts voice is now so shrill and high pitch only dogs can hear her.....and Jodi smirks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is her mom so cheerful and smiling talking

Did you notice she wasn't talking to anyone near her at that time. It looked like she was mouthing something to Jodi like, "it's going to be OK" I'll have to go back and watch that again!

She said jury instructions on May 2nd, closing on 2nd and 3rd.

I haven't heard that part yet (just got home from work) but perhaps that's the date by which their proposed jury instructions have to be submitted and the date on which they will argue about proposed instructions. The judge will then instruct the jury after closing arguments -- that's how we do it here, anyway.

Actually, IIRC the prosecution only found out about this DURING THE TRIAL when JA testified. She stopped talking to LE by late 2008, I think, and stuck to the ninja story for a couple years. Even when she switched her story to self-defense, I don't think she had to give any details about her story until her testimony. MOO.

:doh: You are right. OOPS.

The front row on the JA side is a bit busier again. Could the blonde girl may be JA's half sister Julie Z? Oh and the MS is back. She was awol yesterday.
The blonde may be her friend Aimee Lantz who receives/manages monies from sale of JA's "artwork".

OK...speaking of the jury.

Do we know how those who will actually deliberate are chosen?

Is it a number draw? (that would be best, IMO!)

Does the defense get to pick who they want?

It doesn't seem fair that if they get to pick, they have watched all of them for all this time!

It will be a random draw.

im playing some serious catch up here....had to do real life stuff. grrr.

anyways, want to correct something that was brought up in trial. this is just more for FYI for anyone who cares and in case some of yall out there do not know this....and good info maybe for future cases.....

i have analyzed a zillion (or so lol) photos.....

when nurmi was asking brown questions about the EXIF data, brown said that even though you change the file name on a photo, the EXIF data remains. TRUE. nurmi then asks him, so you can change the file name but you cant change anything else, right? brown responds. correct.

that is FALSE.

there is software available for free that allows you to go in and either erase all EXIF data completely or edit it how you want. you can remove the make/model, etc. i have this software.

not only that, if you have a photo and open it in say photoshop (which i work in almost daily), you can copy the image into a new file, save it and wala, the original EXIF info is gone.

now, obviously Jodi did not know this and it is moot point right now in this case, but the facts are: you can remove and edit EXIF data easily by various means. and anytime a photo is analyzed THAT element of fact must always be put into the equation.

im glad that nurmi did not know this, because it would just add confusion to the jury and more explanation from brown, etc.....

------------------
ok. back to catching up...
------------------

ETA....here is some software Easy Exif Delete - CNET Download.com
I use "opanda" http://www.opanda.com/ amongst other software

-----------

another ETA. lol

if anyone needs me to show this actually done, i can. (if someone needs proof lol)

Since the court has a problem bringing in a witness does this mean Nurmi gets his sur-rebuttal.

At this point, I know that JA's defense team has to know that she is guilty and that she actually pre-planned and carried out a plot to murder another human being. What I can't get is how JW can be so chummy with her with that knowledge. That thought just really HIT me in a way that it hadn't before. We've seen them giggly and laughing together, whispering to one another, JW brushing back JA's hair, etc. And, this is a woman who actually drove 1000 miles to execute a preplanned murder on an unsuspecting target. On someone's brother, grandchild, cousin, friend... And JW goes beyond just being a competent council with her interaction with her. I just don't get it.

I agree 100%. Although I would like to think Wilmott is doing it on purpose to "humanize" Jodi therefore "faked" ..I don't really believe that now. She seems to really like Jodi and they carry on like a couple high school gossip girls. It's nauseating! All I can come up with is JW has been taken in by a psychopath who is equally charming as she is dangerous. I also think defense lawyers are a breed unto themselves..I won't/can't elaborate for fear of being put in the corner lol.

BTW, I LOVE your siggy, I saw it for the first time today and I think its awesome :)

Why bother lying about something as mundane as that?
I think its a couple of reasons. First, some psychopaths lie because they greatly enjoy that people believe their lies. It's an amusing game to them.
And, if they lie about inane and inconsequential things it can lend veracity to bigger tales.

Someone tells you what movie they saw, what they had for breakfast, or who just called them - everyday for months on end - and then tell you their car was stolen....you're more likely to believe them about the car because you don't realize they'd been lying to you all along...because most people don't lie about stupid, piddly things that matter to no one.

KWIM?

BabyBrowning25x500px.jpg

Why would any guy, especially the size of Travis, buy a gun that size? It defies logic. Never happened. The jury gets it.

Wow! That's so dinky, they should've checked to be sure Jodi's bog ol' man hand finger could actially fit between the trigger and the trigger-guard. J/S

She made certain that she mentioned after seeing Travis' actions in the bedroom, she threw up because she was so sickened by the image. Yeah uh huh, u tell it jodi, wtfe.

But stabbing him 27 times, slicing his throat near decapitation, and shooting him in his beautiful face didn't make her throw up...RIIIIGGGGHHHTTT....yea...um...NO! lol

when it comes to the jury, will we know what 12 were picked?

THANKS! Quoting to see if someone will know...

Also, how do the 12 that actually get to decide her fate get chosen?

I don't think all 16 get to deliberate right? I mean, that wouldn't make sense.

...ummm Seal is kinda off limits as he and Gauntlet are supposedly going steady.....:floorlaugh:
SSShhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... At least seal is more reliable than my bus driver. I get to see him every day I come to trial.

Living in Arizona the jurors know Mesa has 115 degree heat in the summer. The attic would be hotter than that... enough to melt things. Travis wouldn't have stored his Christmas decorations or anything else meaningful to him in the attic.

I lived in Phoenix for 6 years and we stored Xmas items and such in the attic. Yeah, it was hot up there, but it didn't get hot enough to melt stuff.

We only did so because we had kids and storage space was at a premium. Accessing it was a pain in the butt and it was miserable up there.

However, I think it's pretty obvious now that Travis stored NOTHING in his attic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmmaV