trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #161

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She cries when she sees Travis' death photos because she is faced with the reality of what it looks like when you slaughter someone and then leave them to rot for 5 days.

I disagree... She cries because she saw Travis's family crying. Thinks it will help convince the jury. Water works turned off immediately after jury left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about that Inside Edition interview:

Inside Edition reporter: "What really happened in there?"

Arias: "In a nutshell, two people took Travis' life, two monsters."

Inside Edition reporter: "You did not shoot Travis?"

Arias: "No, I've never even shot a real gun."

Inside Edition reporter: "You did not stab him 27 times?"

Arias: "That's heinous, I would never.."

Inside Edition reporter: "Or slit his throat from ear to ear?"

Arias: "I can't imagine slitting anyone's throat."

:liar: :stormingmad:

T H A N K Y O U for this!

I think JA picked "getting the gun" first because she needed it to bolster the self-defense ploy. She needed a quick retreat to a weapon that she could say she thought would stop him. Ooopsie, the gun went off, JA said she didn't mean it to do that.

If she told the truth about really attacking him first with the knife, the self-defense ploy fails immediately with: repeated wounds to his back.

I think to anyone with ears, hearing the coroner say that with that gunshot wound he could have no purposeful movement would make it clear that the gun did not come first because Travis did, in fact, have defensive wounds. All just my :twocents:

Not sure how to express this but for the first time during
this trial, I have this hollow, sinking feeling and some anxiety.
Maybe it is the finality of it all. But I emotionally and physically
feel a sort of panic after hearing "The State Rests"

Does anyone else feel different?

Nope, I know I shouldn't be but I am nervous.

There are no slam dunks....

PRAYING for justice to prevail!

Based on the juror questions, it seems there is one juror who buys Jodi's lies.

I've had the same feeling based on some of the jurior's questions. There is at least one that's either buying into Jodi lies or simply feels sorry for her and is looking for wiggle room.

I was a little perturbed when the question was asked that Dr Horn said he did not understand the question.....but I think the juror was trying to account for the blood at the sink.....what else could have caused that. I think he could have said that for example, some of the stab wounds could have left him able to lurch out of the shower or to travel some steps to the sink, and he would be blowing blood out from his nose or mouth.

It was an odd question - the juror asked what could have changed the course of events....... Dr Horn looked puzzled, said for him not to have been shot through the brain - then the Judge completed the question and it made more sense..

If this jury acquits Jodi (and I think I'd be coronated Queen first) it won't be because they're bored, restless, and just want to go home. They've shown the whole way along they're committed to paying close attention to the testimony and clarifying whenever possible. They've asked questions I never would have thought to myself and caught many things in testimony I'd missed, despite watching avidly.

I have great faith they'll reach the right conclusion. Travis, and all those who love him, will see justice meted out.

MOO

I just read a post where it has come out that Jodi is claiming she was pregnant/miscarried. I didn't see the source, but found this article.
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...s-reportedly-said-she-was-pregnant-miscarried

Interesting in that this is the only place ive read anyone say "surprised Jodi didn't try and get knocked up". wondering if someone in her camp is reading this site and whispered something to her...

grant it is the NE; however, they were first to report of the john Edwards affair.

lol @ the report:

According to Senior Editor, Mike Walker, Jodi says it felt like Travis stabbed her in the heart. She didn't say how she lost the baby, or provide any other details for that matter.

Walker also said Wednesday on CNN Headline News that Jodi truly believes she will be acquitted of murder and is even making plans when she gets out of jail.

"She has a lesbian lover, we're told, and she wants to live with that woman when she gets out of jail and she wants to have a baby. Jodi has already lined up a male friend, someone who has visited her at the jail, who has agreed to impregnate her when she gets out. Not if she gets out, when she gets out," says Mike Walker.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...aid-she-was-pregnant-miscarried#ixzz2RUvp2gVL

[/url]

I'm sorry but I just don't buy the coroner's theory that the gunshot would have immediately incapacitated TA. There have been many accounts of people being impaled by objects that went through the face and/or skull and have surprised doctors by being completely alert and normal.

I do feel that the most likely scenario is JA brought the gun to shoot TA and that is what she did first. And when he wasn't instantly killed or incapacitated (he walked to the sink and coughed blood) she went and got a knife and finished the job. That is how he ended up having stab wounds on his back (him trying to get away) and ended up in the entrance of the master bedroom where his throat was slashed.

I have always thought this was what happened. I don't think JA would have risked TA getting away or fighting her off if she attacked him with just a knife. She stole the gun from her grandparents house and there was a reason for that.

Now, I did happen to catch dr. drew last night and did see how the shower photos eerily resemble the shower scene from the movie Psycho. So perhaps if JA is crazy enough (and not just borderline personality) she tried to reenact the scene and stabbed TA first. But then why shoot him after you fatally slash his throat?

Read up on the frontal lobe. It would have done EXACTLY what the ME stated.:seeya:

It is interesting how people cling to the idea that the gun shot was the first wound in spite of the medical evidence to the contrary. In the absence of any compelling evidence contradicting it, medical evidence will always trump anything else. If there were any real medical basis for Travis being able to sustain a gunshot wound to the head and then continue an attack on Jodi, the defense would have presented an MD to testify to that.

I think the reason that we are having to wait until Wed. is so the defense "Expert" coming in, will have Mon and Tues to go over all the notes..
Will they be able to talk/ examine JA as well during this time?
Will they do more then what ALV and Samuels did in looking into all of the facts, not just pick and choose things that will benefit JA, not that it will help.

Expert examining JA now will be useless.

I'm sorry but I just don't buy the coroner's theory that the gunshot would have immediately incapacitated TA. There have been many accounts of people being impaled by objects that went through the face and/or skull and have surprised doctors by being completely alert and normal.

I do feel that the most likely scenario is JA brought the gun to shoot TA and that is what she did first. And when he wasn't instantly killed or incapacitated (he walked to the sink and coughed blood) she went and got a knife and finished the job. That is how he ended up having stab wounds on his back (him trying to get away) and ended up in the entrance of the master bedroom where his throat was slashed.

I have always thought this was what happened. I don't think JA would have risked TA getting away or fighting her off if she attacked him with just a knife. She stole the gun from her grandparents house and there was a reason for that.

Now, I did happen to catch dr. drew last night and did see how the shower photos eerily resemble the shower scene from the movie Psycho. So perhaps if JA is crazy enough (and not just borderline personality) she tried to reenact the scene and stabbed TA first. But then why shoot him after you fatally slash his throat?

Yes, there have been many instances of people's brains being impaled by objects and not being incapacitated, but it's WHERE in the brain that determines whether or not they continue to be functional. Specific parts of the brain control specific functions, and if you have a hole in your frontal lobe--especially from a low-caliber bullet that most likely tumbled and tore through the brain--you're not getting up after that.

There's one aggravating factor (cruel/heinous) and yes this proves it. TA was alive when his throat was slit. And we know that slit came towards the end.

.....and think about it.

He was not standing up when throat was slashed as the cut would have been more mid-section. He was lying down, as and she most likely was pulling his hair and bending over (above him) as where the slash on his neck is (more below the chin area...............she HAD to be above him, and him lying down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelikaBor