Trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #162

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reading juror #8 was possibly arrested for DUI? I'm usually the last to know these things so my apologies if this is a repeat post.

PHOENIX - A local Valley police department confirms to ABC15 that a man arrested over the weekend on a DUI charge was also claiming to be a juror in the Jodi Arias trial .

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...n-jury-5-days-later-hes-excused#ixzz2RXrKWuoR
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...-officer-hes-on-jury-5-days-later-hes-excused

Oh BAM that might be it because I just heard Beth Karas on HLN today (I believe it was her, forgive me if I'm wrong)...she said yesterday or maybe day before an ARMED POLICE OFFICER went into JSS chambers and she thought it was strange b/c he wasn't a witness or anything. OMG that juror must be so mad at himself after all those months of his life gone and he didn't even get to be in deliberations!

I think I'm going to sign off.

I can not handle seeing the autopsy photos on this thread.

Night Peeps. Sweet Dreams.

It would be possible except for one fact: Detective Melendez testified that the camera was on the floor, with the shutter facing the floor when it was activated by pressure on the back.

He says the last two photos were taken snapped upside down and they actually looked like this:

53216-Version9_zpsfd5190e0.jpg

ja34_zps9b765fe62_zps7389fc32.jpg

Detective Melendez' department flipped the images right side up and added the time stamps from the EXIF information for each photo.

Detective Melendez gave an interesting demonstration in court how photos could be snapped accidentally just by anyone putting the slightest pressure on the back. It begins at 1:51:10 here:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/AlbumPhoto/53216-Version9_zpsfd5190e0.jpg

How the heck did that camera go off while JA was obviously dragging Travis? I never could understand that. Even if the camera was upside down, I don't see why the camera ended up behind her (more towards the bedroom end of the hall) and why it was even touched twice accidentally in the middle of the murder? :banghead:

She stole a gun from her grandfather, premeditated. Where did the knife come from?
No one knows.
Gun she stole for a purpose, to kill.

That is the biggest proof for premeditated..

How do you negate she stole a gun, arranged an alibi, rented a low-profile car, dyed her hair a different color, borrowed gas cans, purchased a third gas can, turned her license plate upside down, turned off her cell phone before entering Arizona and then turned it back on after leaving Arizona, and took an off-the-grid detour to Utah if there was no premeditation?

It doesn't matter whether she stabbed him first or shot him first; it was obviously a premeditated crime and not something that just happened in the heat of the moment. Everything she did was designed to cover her tracks both going in and coming out.

One of JA's first responses when being interrogated by the detective was that it would have had to have been 2 people who killed TA because he was strong. It's quite possible that JA wanted the murder to look like a burglary that 2 people committed; hence the 2 weapons. That's just ONE possible reason why she would bring a gun with her if planning to stab him first. Another possible reason for bringing a gun, if she planned to stab him first, is that she wanted a back-up plan in case he started to overpower her.

Regardless, it just doesn't matter which came first. She slaughtered him with 2 weapons and the premeditation doesn't change with the order of weapons used.

The defense obviously fought hard to keep the autopsy out of the trial.

Maybe they thougt they were on judge Judy. Jodis brother comes to court to and sees his sisters sex pictures. Noone in that family really understands the concept of support. The knew the ME was coming back into the courtroom. They bring in grandma to see jodis handy work. There truly is something wrong with this family. Collectively, you cant get one brain out of them

I am wondering why I thought that the bullet merely grazed Travis' forehead and that he was "shot in the face". If this is the bullet, there is no way this was a forehead shot.

He was shot in the forehead on the right side above his right eye. The bullet made a steep downward trajectory from right to left, passing through part of his brain.

I'm reading juror #8 was possibly arrested for DUI? I'm usually the last to know these things so my apologies if this is a repeat post.

PHOENIX - A local Valley police department confirms to ABC15 that a man arrested over the weekend on a DUI charge was also claiming to be a juror in the Jodi Arias trial .

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...n-jury-5-days-later-hes-excused#ixzz2RXrKWuoR
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...-officer-hes-on-jury-5-days-later-hes-excused

So you think he was trying to pull a Reese Witherspoon?
Officer, you can't give me a ticket. Do you know who I am? I am Juror 8 in the Jodi Arias Trial.
LOL

This is the bullet, a .25 caliber.

167px-.25_ACP.jpg

You are right. We still do not know what kind of bullet was used when JA shot Travis that I have heard. Was it a hollow point? I don't recall that but I didn't watch the entire trial. Was there a ballistics expert that I missed?

No, she returned the car reeking of smoke--he testified to it in court. No explanation was ever given by Juan or DT.

Maybe Matt McCartney smokes? I know he was all involved in the shenanigans before and after the murder.
I think the smoky smell was from her having burned evidence in the desert.

BBM~ I suspect that will be an option to the instructions. :scared:

The question would be then did the gun kill him? If the gunshot was not fatal then they can't accuse her of murdering him with the gun. So then she got a hold of a knife somehow, so did she premeditate killing him with the knife? Or was that an intent to kill him. Which leads to another question is the judge allowing this charge of Heat of Passion/Manslaughter charge? Here is the Arizona statute for Manslaughter.

http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/13/01103.htm&Title=13&DocType=ARS

Has Arias forgotten how to smirk, act smug and condescendingly challenge the prosecutor in verbal sparring?

So you think he was trying to pull a Reese Witherspoon?
Officer, you can't give me a ticket. Do you know who I am? I am Juror 8 in the Jodi Arias Trial.
LOL

lol... I think he told them because the records are public and he didn't want to throw the trial somehow.

I honestly think Andrea Yates was severely mentally ill when she killed her precious children. I think her husband, her mother, and her mother-in-law all knew that she should never have been left alone with those kids.
Oh, they knew and her psychiatrist should NEVER have taken her off her Haldol. Her mother-in-law didn't get over there quick enough after Rusty left for work.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

You are right. We still do not know what kind of bullet was used when JA shot Travis that I have heard. Was it a hollow point? I don't recall that but I didn't watch the entire trial. Was there a ballistics expert that I missed?

A .25 was used to shoot TA - they recovered the bullet and casing. There was a ballistics expert.

I am just wondering why everyone thinks she shot him last?

Why bring a gun if you are going to use a knife and us the gun at the last minute?

Why steal the grandfather's gun if you are not going to us it till the last minute?

None of this makes sense.

She stole the gun knowing exactly what she was going to do. Shoot him in the shower and get out.

It did not work out like she planned. Thankfully, because if the gunshot worked the way she wanted, we would not be here now.

She would be scott free.

I listen to these trials everyday. Unfortunately it is my job.

I think it was because if there was a single or even multiple gunshot wounds in him, adn that was the only weapon used, EVERYBODY meaning all of his friends and family would POINT THE FINGER AT HER. You see, this one is not as smart as you think. She thought first no one would believe that she would do something as "heinous" as stab him, second if she used two weapons it would look like two people did it. This all she believed would divert their attention from her. Coupled with her plan to not leave any DNA or trace of her in Arizona behind, well then, little missie thought she was gonna get off without even much as a suspicion. Obviously her plan worked partway even after she admitted to everything...people are still having a hard time believing she went with the intent of stabbing him to death.

Gotcha, but can you explain this?

article-2258479-16CAC976000005DC-704_634x358.jpg

I think I have finally come around to thinking she stabbed him first too. But just to play devils advocate. Do you see that crack in the tile. Is it possible that if she shot first and the casing landed there that the blood from a later stabbing went down that crack in the tile and then ended up pooling around the casing which would make it look like the casing landed in the blood, when really the blood just went down the crack and surrounded it.

Nah....I think I have come around to agreeing she probably stabbed him first. :floorlaugh:

I believe her intention was always to use both and that is to show that it was done by two people, instead of one.
I also believe she choose the knife to inflict as much pain and fear as possible. If you listen to her interrogation she makes the comment that if she was going to kill someone she would just use a gun because that was more "humane". I think she wanted Travis dead in the most inhumane way possible. She was filled with hatred for him and wanted him to suffer as much as possible. The gun, as I said, was simply to throw suspicion off of her. Remember her "dream" in her journal? "I had a dream that they arrested 2 people for Travis's murder". If she just wanted him dead she would have shot him while he slept. She didn't just want him dead, she wanted to cause as much pain and terror as possible and she most likely got her wish.

I am only going to say this one more time. Stealing the gun and shooting him is premeditated. Stabbing him first does not work with that the premeditation theory.

Which ever way she did it, no one will know other than one person.

And i hate her with a passion. Hopefully the jury will see what an evil, heartless , egotistical, person she is. Who has absolutely no remorse for the carnage she has caused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member