Trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #162

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep having the phrase 'crime of passion' go through my head that some folks 'out there' think. I don't see it as a 'crime of passion in any manner what so ever - what I do see it as is nothing short of a pure and evil "hate crime" - a cold blooded execution.

It was a hate crime. There was no fog. Det. Flores asked jodi what she was thinking when she left Travis'. She said she was afraid.

There is no question that she tortured him given the nature of the injuries. These were slices and stab wounds ... some were 1/4" deep, but long and others were deep. He had cuts on his hands, abdomen and chest, bruises on his legs, abraided lacerations, tearing of the skin on his heals, lacerations on his knee: abrasion - post mortem injury (all others anti-mortem) ...

gruesome ...

Then, back injuries and the back of the head.

What put Jodi into such a rage?
That he had moved on?

My guess is after doing whatever they did while naked, she may have been trying to sweet talk him and he told her in no uncertain terms to get lost---to get out of his house and never come back or contact him again. She had the knife and gun just in case he took that kind of attitude with her. He made her feel like toilet paper and he wasn't going to get away with it---she was prepared. He was probably mad at himself for getting sexually involved with her again so not in the best of moods anyway and told her what he really thought of her. That threw her into a killing rage.
Or
Maybe she just went to his house already knowing what she was going to do no matter what.
She's the only one that knows and I bet she'll never tell the truth.

Okay, gotcha. So you were just wondering why the mats and stains weren't mentioned in the "remarks section" along with the smoke remark, and why JM didn't ask about the smoke?

The only thing I can think of is that JM was able to determine from prior interviews with Colombo that the smoke smell wasn't significant to the case. As far as the mats and "Kool-Aid" stains, maybe Columbo hadn't noticed those until he went to clean the car. Maybe he just did a quick walk around the outside and after printing the receipt, he noticed the other things.

Just giving some possibilities, but your guess is as good as mine. I can see why JM wouldn't bring up that they weren't listed in the "remarks" section. Why give the DT more ammo to cast doubt on the missing mats and red stains if you don't have to? :twocents:

Yes, im thinking the same and would just add that since Juan cannot actually prove that the stains are blood, then why add more dirt that cant actually be proven. Same with the smell. Cant prove what caused the smell, so no need to muddy the waters.

You ask, you shall receive. :)

578675_445525565523591_1442853505_n.jpg

ElleElle thanks so much . In reading the 2nd page of this police report ..it states that when looking at the side door it appeared to have been pryed open with a bar latch(?)from the inside. Am I reading that correctly? Tia also raining outside and no footprint in mud or ground.

It also states that the 25 had a magazine in it with 7 hollow point bullets. There was a scuff mark close to where the door knob should have been.

The gun was a gift from his cousin and he (grandfather) did know serial number.

This is the million dollar question. A great office pool idea :)

I would advise both Wilmcott and Nurmi to keep their distance during this time.

My guess is she is going to give an evil look at the jury and she will just keep that evil mad look on her until they whisk her away.

She is the type of person I would worry about if I was on that jury. She is the type to keep a grudge and if she is ever let out, I would not be surprised if she creates a hit list. Luckily she should get either DP or LWOP.
They should clear the desk of all pens.

BBM~ He treated like a "used piece of toilet paper", she knew lost control over him. Remember, this was the first and last time she saw him since her move back to Yreka.

There is no question that she tortured him given the nature of the injuries. These were slices and stab wounds ... some were 1/4" deep, but long and others were deep. He had cuts on his hands, abdomen and chest, bruises on his legs, abraided lacerations, tearing of the skin on his heals, lacerations on his knee: abrasion - post mortem injury (all others anti-mortem) ...

gruesome ...

Then, back injuries and the back of the head.

What put Jodi into such a rage?
That he had moved on?

So I will jump onto the 'I have a theory boat' too. After all, speculation is what we humans do.

I am on the fence...

One way I think it could of happened was this....

She was supposed to be gone. Travis goes for a shower. JA sneaks back into the house and begins taking photos. As a photographer, I know, if you shoot on Auto,you can hold the flash down with your finger and will not flash. (or you can have the camera on manual, no flash and accidently hit the flash button and it will pop the flash up and flash) Also, you can have it on silent shutter and it will not make a clicking noise. That and the shower running, if she was shooting this way, camera glass against shower glass, she could photograph without being noticed. His eyes are closed in all photos until 5:27:18, when in that photo he turns to the shower door and looks directly into the camera (person holding the camera). His eyebrows are arched like "wtf"....

I think she pulls out the gun and begins rambling off things to him, giving him orders, telling him to sit. I believe this because, human nature tells you automatically if someone is holding a knife, although you may be stand-offish and scared, backing down, your mind tells you that you can overpower them to protect yourself...why follow directions of someone simply holding a knife and camera?

She had the gun pointed at him. She tells him to sit, knowing it is a vulnerable position. Snaps a few more, in a frantic state of getting ready to 'kill' him, the flash goes off. The next photos, the flash could have possibly hit her leg, thus not allowing it to extend up and no flash.

I do believe that she shot him first. Why risk being fought off if you come at someone with a knife. I believe he did try to get away or either she dragged him, and then proceeded to stab him. The lack of blood in the cavity? Could it be due to drainage and decomposition? I am no doctor or medical examiner, but is it possible?

Maybe the ceiling shot is when he was trying to defend himself...get away.

*also, shooting on Auto, causes color changes in photos if you are holding down the flash. It depends on where you are standing and can account for some photos having a yellow tint. The circles in some of the photos are what we photogs call 'bokeh'...it is what happens when what is not in focus is in a photo. It creates large circles or blurred shapes depending on distance. The bokeh/circles in photo 5:25 tells me the camera was pressed against the glass of the shower or up really close.

You bring up many good points and a unique perspective since you've done a of research on it. It is incredibly tragic that so many innocent people went/are going to death row. I have a completely different perspective b/c I don't keep up with a lot of trials, I've just got sucked into this one and Casey's. And of course with Casey they found her innocent. I don't do a lot of reserach or anything. I guess the bad thing about these two trials is that they are so thorough and exhausting that then when a layperson like me is watching them, you start to think ALL trials are like this. Like with the Casey jury, you see that in a prism so you think ALL juries are so careful. That all judges are so careful, etc.. But in reality they're not, or else so many innocent ppl like you mentioned in your research wouldn't have gotten sentenced. I have never really given the DP a lot of deep thought...like I said I just got caught up in the two trials...but thanks for the insight. I just can't believe a jury would convict a person to death on say, an eyewitness report like the case you mentioned. In Jodi's case, though, I mean there is just so much evidence that I don't have any problem with it.

I did my research about 17 years ago. And I didn't have any preconceived notions going into it. I was just writing a paper on the death penalty for my law class. I was completely horrified by what I found. The statistics were astounding. It was a long time ago but I think I concluded in my research that the average death penalty case lasted less than a week. And I hate to say it, but it appeared that there was inherent racism in the DP rulings. I don't want to talk out of my butt but I think I came to the conclusion that 99% of the prisoners on death row were black. And they had court appointed lawyers. And their trials lasted only a few days.

As we move into the new age of science and technology I would hope that people are being more careful than they were 20 years ago before sentencing someone to death. But at the same time, that backfires with cases such as KC. But I almost wonder how many black men were sentenced to death based on circumstantial evidence after KC got off scott free.

Are you talking about the first rental car she took on the trip to murder TA? If so, the missing floor mats and red stain were talked about. Columbo said that he thought she had kids in the car and thought they were Kool-Aid stains. I don't remember hearing anything about the smoke. I also remember JW asking JA about the floor mats during her testimony and she lied and said the rental car didn't come with floor mats.

I'm sure when they showed the paperwork for the returned car there was a part where the returner could make a comment about any problems and it said customer had said she had smelt smoke while driving it and when she was asked about this during her testimony said she didn't' say there was anything wrong with it but nothing more was really said about that. This was quite a while back in the trial so maybe I got it wrong.

Yeah lol. Just like he said her hair was blonde in April and Jodi says no.

I'm come to the conclusion that Jodi twists all truths into lies.

According to Jodi... Truth and Lies. :floorlaugh:

Remember according to Jodi, Ryan Burns is "full of crap." Lol.

The autopsy pics alone prove to me she needs to be given the DP. Those pics tell so much.

You know what did it for me? Thinking of the autopsy pics, put up alongside her smiling mug shot---the one where she said she smiled because 'that's what Travis would have done.' The tiny hairs on the back of my neck stand straight up whenever I see that cray-cray mugshot. Just put that alongside an autopsy photo, and there is your closing argument.

How the heck did that camera go off while JA was obviously dragging Travis? I never could understand that. Even if the camera was upside down, I don't see why the camera ended up behind her (more towards the bedroom end of the hall) and why it was even touched twice accidentally in the middle of the murder? :banghead:

The next-to-last photo was snapped when her foot hit the camera, which was then near the middle of the hallway, close to the bedroom, positioned on the second tile and angled slightly. JA's foot was perpendicular to the wall. The camera remained in almost the same position until the next photo. At some point either her foot or Travis' body moved it and it ended up rotated about 90 degrees, now facing the wall.

The thing I find most notable about that photo is that there is a lot of blood on the tiles closer to the bathroom, and heavy blood right where she is standing, except underneath her foot--but almost NO blood behind her, except when you reach the carpeting. It almost looks as if she drags Travis around so the blood goes instead on the wall at that very point. [A poster I respect theorizes Travis tried to stand up but fell at that point.] The blood swipe on the wall continues until he finally ends up lying down with his head on the carpet. And then we see the biggest blood pool of all.

I think she may have slit his throat right there, or began to.

And as much as pains me to say it, I don't think he died in 62 seconds. I think he's still alive in the dragging photo. And the attack began prior to the ceiling photo, so that's a few more seconds in addition to the 62 seconds.

It's pure evil.

ETA: Here's an illustration of how a shoe looks when photographed from the middle of a 44" hallway, with the camera on the floor.

ScreenShot2013-04-26at11223AM_zps8b74c217.png

Yes, because if every single piece of weirdness was brought in we'd be here until 2020. :drumroll:

<snip>Why give the DT more ammo to cast doubt on the missing mats and red stains if you don't have to? :twocents:

Yes. He was very standoffish, seemed like he was hiding something. She cast a spell on him that's for sure.

On HLN he said Jodi called him at 3:30AM hours after killing Travis.

I find it odd he did not report it to LE until much later.

Ever since seeing Gus in court I have thought there is more than meets the eye there. Not sure what but it's just his manner when Juan cross examined him, his very defensive manner when questioned about ppl (that's a whole other can of worms) and his attitude towards Jodi. I'm not implying anything went on there but I believe she used her "charms" to manipulate him. He could of course just be a limelight seeker but something is not all as it seems and maybe, after the trial we may find out but who knows.

I remember hearing he was stabbed 9 times in the back. Theres about 14.

The next-to-last photo was snapped when her foot hit the camera, which was then near the middle of the hallway, close to the bedroom, positioned on the second tile and angled slightly. JA's foot was perpendicular to the wall. The camera remained in almost the same position until the next photo. At some point either her foot or Travis' body moved it and it ended up rotated about 90 degrees, now facing the wall.

The thing I find most notable about that photo is that there is a lot of blood on the tiles closer to the bathroom, and heavy blood right where she is standing, except underneath her foot--but almost NO blood behind her, except when you reach the carpeting. It almost looks as if she drags Travis around so the blood goes instead on the wall at that very point. [A poster I respect theorizes Travis tried to stand up but fell at that point.] The blood swipe on the wall continues until he finally ends up lying down with his head on the carpet. And then we see the biggest blood pool of all.

I think she may have slit his throat right there, or began to.

And as much as pains me to say it, I don't think he died in 62 seconds. I think he's still alive in the dragging photo. And the attack began prior to the ceiling photo, so that's a few more seconds in addition to the 62 seconds.

It's pure evil.

Was the camera on a strap? Did it have a strap... if so, it is possible that it swung like crazy during the 'struggle' and hit her body at times, swinging back again and snapping photos. If no strap found, it is possible he ripped it from her or it was cut during the struggle and she took the strap with her during 'cleanup'.

Hey, don't feel bad!:seeya: I'm proud to declare myself a "Bleeding Heart Liberal". I used to be Anti-DP too, until I came to realize that LWP just isn't good enough for some scum that there is no redeeming quality for- like the founder of the Crips gang for example, and we are having to pay to feed and house these monsters.
About the DP, I am for it and feel it would deter others if it were utilized. It is ridiculous what all is involved with process, all of the appeals! I could not believe what I was reading when I got my book explaining it. The person that murdered my dad (Dad was shot and killed in the line of duty) has far more rights than my family has! What scares me is what if thru some snafu he is released, it has happened before. He threatened to kill me and both of my girls right there in the courtroom. If he were to get out, YES, he will follow thru with his threat. DP, if they would use it, gives me peace of mind. My mom always had that fear, I know she will not rest peacefully until he is put to death. He cannot be reformed.

Forensics have improved and the chance of an innocent person being sent to DP are far less. We are now so far beyond just finger prints. How many guilty people have been released? How many of them went on to murder, rape, etc... Again? That is what really scares me.

Jodi killed Travis no doubt about that. She butchered him and then left him to rot nude in his own shower. Did he deserve such over kill? Did he deserve to be killed? No, he did not. I hope she does get the DP... I know that is what his family wants, their feelings need to be accounted for.

Sorry, I rambled I am just so frustrated when it comes to CA and the DP. Yes, it needs to be utilized, take it away and People like me lose their rights. I want my mom to be able to rest in peace.

We are all entitled to our own opinions, I do respect that.

I hope all her ex's are watching this trial and see who jodi really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme