Trial Delayed until at least January

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MyBelle, your post makes zero sense, sorry.
You have the facts totally botched.

The rock was removed at 5:50AM...same time the camera was plugged back in....not "prior to 5"
There was DNA, not prints on the camera...just wait, cause that DNA will end up being Elmer's.

Why would you say the camera being pushed up at 6:35AM is "meaningless'?

Never mind, I just realized responding to your post is, well....:banghead:

I posted a link that proves you wrong.

I'm not sure why you are wasting so much of your time misrepresenting testimony that is easily obtained online. The time Mr. Keith Hicks stated was "between 3:30 and 4" and it won't change during the next trial and the next jury won't be reading here.

JMO

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/video/9709817/#/vid9709817

I think the timeline is even tighter because of the hotel clerk's testimony that the rock was removed from the door prior to 5 AM. Whatever happened to the camera after that is meaningless, plus the prints they lifted from it didn't belong to Jason Young. Any map or printed timeline would result in the jurors realizing just how impossible it was. Next trial, I expect the defense will provide it.

JMO

As far as I know, there are two cameras at the door ... one in the hallway and one in the stairwell. He was seen on the hallway camera as he left to smoke, but he was not seen on either camera at any time later. Why would he unplug the camera to prevent being seen re-entering the hotel 6 hours later if he could simply tilt it up 6 hours later? Surely he knew that someone would notice the camera was not providing a feed to security in those 6 hours. It doesn't really make sense that he tried to disable the camera 6 hours before he didn't want to be seen re-entering the hotel.

Someone else's prints are on the camera, the child's medicine and the jewelry box, yet it is alleged that he was the last person to touch all of these things.

I highly doubt that Jason would carefully plan the murder, right down to wearing two different pairs of shoes, but he would speed while commuting between the hotel and home. I suspect that he would have driven the speed limit every inch of the way. If that's the case, he had to murder - that was described as a prolonged struggle and violent attack lasting as long as 10 minutes, wear two different pairs of shoes, very poorly stage the scene, shower, change, clean up his daughter, drug his daughter, wait for her to fall asleep, get rid of his shoes/clothes and buy gas. That's a lot to do in an hour or so.

I was thinking about the gas purchases ... he bought gas before leaving town and again after the meeting ... does that also work in terms of routine gas purchases?

BBM. I don't know anyone who would check any newspaper for scores of a game that hasn't ended.

The games in the USA were already over. Whether the paper was that day's or the day before, the final score of the game would not change.

JMO

MyBelle, with all due respect, your post doesn't make sense. JY picked up the newspaper at midnight. Most, if not all, of the sports games played on Thursday would have been over by then.

Unfortunately for JY, he got a day old paper that would not have had Thursday's scores in it. He would have been looking at Wednesday's scores. Wednesday's sports scores would have been old news by Thursday night especially for a sports fan.

Go back and look at the newspaper in the back of JY's SUV. Does it look like it's even been opened? Does it look like the sports section has been taken out and rifled through? Remember, he was reading this newspaper in relatively high winds. Does it look like a newspaper that has been read at all, much less read in windy conditions?

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/image_gallery/9760559/

Yep, told ya! He had a newspaper with old sports scores, which makes no sense because he could have seen those 'old' scores at home or anywhere. The latest scores would be on TV or online.

And I agree that paper doesn't look like it was opened. Isn't the sports section a separate section? This paper is all tucked together...bet it was in order too. You think a messy guy like him takes time to tuck all the sections of the newspaper back together? I don't.

Yep, told ya! He had a newspaper with old sports scores, which makes no sense because he could have seen those 'old' scores at home or anywhere. The latest scores would be on TV or online.

And I agree that paper doesn't look like it was opened. Isn't the sports section a separate section? This paper is all tucked together...bet it was in order too. You think a messy guy like him takes time to tuck all the sections of the newspaper back together? I don't.

Madeleine74,
If JY had read that newspaper outside, logic says that he would have just taken it back up to his room after he finished smoking his cigar. Logic says he would have just left it in his hotel room the next morning because he had no need for it anymore.

Why would he have placed it in the back of his SUV? Why would he have taken the time to put it all neatly back in order? It was cold outside. Who is going to fix a day old newspaper in the cold and place it in the back of a vehicle? Who wants to keep a day old newspaper instead of throwing it away?

Yes exactly, Tarheel. He only wanted to read the (small print) sports scores that were old in the dark and not in the comfort of his room? Nahhhhh. He never slept in that bed. He didn't go back to his room. If he had, the stick...errr.....rock would not have been still in the door, keeping it open. The rock, btw, on which the lab found 3 of his DNA markers...another small piece of evidence.

MyBelle, with all due respect, your post doesn't make sense. JY picked up the newspaper at midnight. Most, if not all, of the sports games played on Thursday would have been over by then.

Unfortunately for JY, he got a day old paper that would not have had Thursday's scores in it. He would have been looking at Wednesday's scores. Wednesday's sports scores would have been old news by Thursday night especially for a sports fan.

Go back and look at the newspaper in the back of JY's SUV. Does it look like it's even been opened? Does it look like the sports section has been taken out and rifled through? Remember, he was reading this newspaper in relatively high winds. Does it look like a newspaper that has been read at all, much less read in windy conditions?

Perhaps my posting would make more sense to you if you would review Jason's testimony? He didn't testify he was looking for Thursday's scores.

It is impossible to tell from a photo whether a newspaper has been read. Even if it could be proved, it holds no evidentiary value.

If the prosecutor tries to even imply the newspaper is evidence, I think the Judge will literally laugh her or him out of court.

JMO

I've been reading back through the posts on this thread, and something caught my attention about the USA Today found in the back of JY's SUV.

I looked at the photos of JY's SUV taken after LE impounded it for evidence. One of the photos shows the copy of the USA Today that JY picked up at the front desk at midnight in the back of his SUV . This was the paper that he was going to take outside and check sports scores while smoking a cigar. This link shows the photo of the newspaper in JY's SUV.

I went to the USA Today website and looked up the article "Delays Loom in Counting Ballots" that is on the front page of that copy of USA Today. It says that it was in the November 2, 2006 edition; therefore, JY did use a newspaper that was about 24 hours old to check current sport scores. This link shows the article and date in question.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-11-02-counting-ballot-delays_x.htm

Again, JY is busted! No one would use a day-old newspaper to check sports scores especially when he could access up-to-date scores on his computer, which he had just been using.

Good detective work, Tarheel!! I'm sure that poor JY was extremely disappointed with that issue since it was not even close to current -- how in the world was he gonna catch up on the sports scores? How upsetting for him.. :furious:

Yes exactly, Tarheel. He only wanted to read the (small print) sports scores that were old in the dark and not in the comfort of his room? Nahhhhh. He never slept in that bed. He didn't go back to his room. If he had, the stick...errr.....rock would not have been still in the door, keeping it open. The rock, btw, on which the lab found 3 of his DNA markers...another small piece of evidence.

BBM. You are wrong. The prosecution introduced the hotel receipt as evidence he returned to his room. Please review the testimony of Mr. Keith Hicks I posted upthread.
He testified he prepared the hotel receipt and slipped it under guests' doors after 3 AM. He also testified he removed a rock from the fire exit door between 3:30 and 4:00 and he tossed it into a general area.

The cops wasted money testing a random rock and it is not surprising the results were statistically insignificant.

JMO

Perhaps my posting would make more sense to you if you would review Jason's testimony? He didn't testify he was looking for Thursday's scores.

It is impossible to tell from a photo whether a newspaper has been read. Even if it could be proved, it holds no evidentiary value.

If the prosecutor tries to even imply the newspaper is evidence, I think the Judge will literally laugh her or him out of court.

JMO

I was waiting for someone to step up and question the value of the newspaper. I rather doubt the prosecution sees it as meaning anything one way or the other and I doubt any jury would weigh someone's guilt based on whether they looked at the newspaper at midnight.

BBM. You are wrong. The prosecution introduced the hotel receipt as evidence he returned to his room. Please review the testimony of Mr. Keith Hicks I posted upthread.
He testified he prepared the hotel receipt and slipped it under guests' doors after 3 AM. He also testified he removed a rock from the fire exit door between 3:30 and 4:00 and he tossed it into a general area.

The cops wasted money testing a random rock and it is not surprising the results were statistically insignificant.

JMO

If investigators were testing random rocks and treating the victim's sister as a suspect, they really had no evidence whatsoever. Even if Jason's fingerprints were found on a rock, what does that prove? It would prove that he touched a rock at the hotel ... nothing more, nothing less ... meaningless.

I absolutely agree with you. And I think the next jury will, too, if it gets that far. The defense may ask for a verdict after the prosecution rests and I don't know how the Judge could refuse. More compelling evidence is needed.

JMO

Certainly he could refuse -- all he would have to say is, "Denied. Call your first witness." Or the DT could simply say, "Your Honor, the defense rests," and let the jury have it after the closing arguments. If the DT feels the PT's case is that weak, why bother to waste everyone's time? At least that would give them the last word in closing. Then to the jury it goes... Heck, it might be worth a try. Who knoze??

In most cases, the DT asks for the judge to discontinue the trial for lack of evidence. Maybe the judge will discount the bloody footprints, the light-colored SUV seen at the scene, no evidence of a break-in, the over-kill of MY, the blood-splatter outlining JY's hand print, CY's being left there alive after being cleaned up a bit, the gas station attendant's eye-witness testimony, JY's not ever asking a detective about how the case is going, his infidelity showing motive, the lack of the shoes and the shirt in his luggage or car but seen in the hotel photo, that he took the papers he needed from the printer but left behind the info on the Coach bag, his calling MF to get the Coach bag print-out, his not helping the LEO's with a house walk-thru with his attorney to see what had been taken during the "robbery," and on and on. Maybe the Chief Resident Superior Court will agree with you and not give the defendant the benefit of a trial by jury. Could just happen....

JMO

Me reviewing JY's testimony would be useless. I don't believe a word that lying SOB says.

-So, you believe that JY looking at Wednesday's scores in the dark on a cold, windy night makes sense when he was just on his computer?
-You believe that after smoking his cigar he chose to put the old newspaper back in order and place it in the back of his SUV rather than just taking it upstairs with him?
-You believe that it was more convenient for JY to prop open the exit door with a twig than to open the door with his keycard?
-You believe that it makes sense for JY to leave his 4th floor hotel room door propped open twice, leaving his valuables unsecured, rather than taking his keycard with him?
-You believe that a security camera being tampered with twice on the very night JY was staying there and on the very night his wife was murdered is not strange at all?
-You believe that JY's affairs have nothing to do with showing motive that JY wanted out of his marriage?
-You believe that GD identifying JY and his vehicle at the Four Brothers convenience store at a time that fits perfectly within the timeframe of JY leaving the hotel and returning to the hotel is false?
-You believe that JY not cooperating with LE at all is reasonable?
-You believe that JY not ever helping to try to find the real killers is reasonable?
-You believe that JY never offering a reward leading to the arrest and conviction of his wife and unborn son is reasonable?
-You believe that JY loved his wife?
-You believe that JY not allowing Cassidy to have Christmas presents from her maternal grandmother and aunt is the sign of a loving father?
-You believe his testimony, even though the only time JY ever spoke about his marriage or the night of the murder was during the first trial after he knew what LE had against him and he could tailor his story to fit the facts?

If anyone should be laughed out of court, it's JY himself. His story is ridiculous and defies all logic and common sense.

If investigators were testing random rocks and treating the victim's sister as a suspect, they really had no evidence whatsoever. Even if Jason's fingerprints were found on a rock, what does that prove? It would prove that he touched a rock at the hotel ... nothing more, nothing less ... meaningless.

I can understand the investigators going into depth with the sister. She found the body and I think that's pretty routine to investigate the person who found the body.

But the rock? Pure desperation bordering on the pathetic. I was shocked they went ahead and entered it into evidence and had Mr. Hicks look at it as though he could positively identify it.

JMO

Let me rephrase: he didn't go back to his room until the next morning, around 6:35am, after he pushed the camera up and climbed the stairs to his room.

I was shocked they went ahead and entered it into evidence and had Mr. Hicks look at it as though he could positively identify it.

Rules of evidence to bring it in. Can't just talk about the DNA testing done without having set foundation that the rock was at the hotel, collected, and then sent off for testing. Not desperate at all. Just shows they looked at everything they could.

I doubt JY expected scores from that day to be in an issue of a newspaper delivered to the hotel BEFORE those games were even played.

:floorlaugh:

Exactly my point. Thanks!

I was waiting for someone to step up and question the value of the newspaper. I rather doubt the prosecution sees it as meaning anything one way or the other and I doubt any jury would weigh someone's guilt based on whether they looked at the newspaper at midnight.

Otto, glad I could step up and end your waiting. :)

Seriously though, can you give me a scenario where it would make sense that JY would have put the day old newspaper back in perfect order and place it in the back of his SUV instead of just taking it back upstairs with him?

JY wasn't exactly known for his neatness. Just take a look at his computer room at home. The computer room's condition is in great contrast to the neatness of the rest of the house.

Pictures 35 and 36.
http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/image_gallery/9727548/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members