Trial Discussion Thread #1 - 14.03.03-06, Day 1-4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
rather disturbing evidence from the Tashies restaurant owner here.... first instinct to lie.. and get someone to lie for him..

Maria Lupas now. Wife of manager. She also 'had words' with Oscar and friends after gun went off. Asking not to have face shown again.

Maria - 'I asked Darren about shouldn't the first rule about owning a gun be safety - then I hit him over the head'

There was a child seated right next to the table when the gun went off!

Pros actually forgot to bring up that vital point at first, and had to go back.

Maria - 'I asked Darren about shouldn't the first rule about owning a gun be safety - then I hit him over the head'

omgosh! you just cannot even make this stuff up! how crazy! :eek:

***morning peeps!****:seeya:

Court adjourned till tomorrow as they don't have Dr Michelle Burgers husbands ipad notes. lol

well that's it for today... Charls notes are still being searched for, . . hmm.. I watched that précis of the case.. lots of blither of how Roux had pointed up discrepancies of Charl and Ms Burger...but its how the judge saw it.. not how Roux's fellow lawyers saw it that counts... .. until tomorrow, thanks all.

Sure she did hit him over his head, but wasn't it her duty to phone the cops as a criminal incident had occurred in their restaurant a public place?

Well. All these disappearing notes...

Names of the witnesses were Jason and Maria Loupis, not Lupas. Sorry.

IT is very, very telling that these men were messing about with a gun with a child sitting right beside them. She said the chair the child was in wasn't in the photo and had been moved, but was very close to their table next door.

Sure she did hit him over his head, but wasn't it her duty to phone the cops as a criminal incident had occurred in their restaurant a public place?

I'm shocked parents of child didn't call police.

Just saw this:

14:44 - Not mentioned in court but I hear detectives back from Apple HQ in the US - it seems they found nothing useful on Oscar's iPhone, tweets Debora Patta.
Looks like the phones may be a dud avenue, Debora is a respected journalist so don't think this is rumour.

All in all, disappointing day, nothing significant came to light, and all the bloody breaks wasting court time.

wouldn't the notes be in discovery... dang this is really nuts..

I'm not sure they actually have discovery in the SA judicial system - or not like the US does anyhow. Do any locals know how it works there?

Thanks. Terrifying, and I still couldn't work out what or where a safety catch is!

No, there was no mention of a safety catch as far as I could tell. He just demonstrated how to remove the magazine/ammunition, which isn't the same thing at all.

I'm shocked parents of child didn't call police.

This incident alone if it was reported truthfully as it happened would have resulted in Oscar Pistorius losing all his gun licences for life and Reeva would still be alive today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member