Trial Discussion Thread #1 - 14.03.03-06, Day 1-4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True that...
But this witness aparently helped the translator out by correcting her!
At least accoriding to people commenting at news24.com

Of course, this (if true) also implies this witness did NOT need a translator, and if I may, the conclusion apparently is that her testimony might have been more accurate if she testified in English without a translator!

Correct I think - language of instruction there is English!

http://www.iagora.com/studies/uni/University_of_Pretoria?review_id=9557

Thanks for the links, Zwei. :seeya:

How would one go back to sleep after hearing something so frightful. I'm not disparaging the witness, just imagining the situation from a person POV.

Yes why two fans now?

Maybe he can't keep track of his lies?

If he in fact brought in two fans from the balcony that night, why did he mention bringing in only one in his bail hearing affidavit last year?

I was skeptical of the fan story to begin with, now I'm pretty much convinced it was a contrived story.

In OP’s Bail Hearing Testimony, he stated or implied that after he shouted ”Get out of my House” or such, there was no utterance from whoever was in the toilet, so he blasted away.

Now we have heard the first of at least 3 state witnesses say she heard lengthy female screaming just before the 4 shots.

So as some of us have speculated, OP’s lengthy Bail Hearing Affidavit—while it may have helped him win bail—may prove disastrous in the final verdict of this trial. And he might have been better off in the long run, without such a lengthy affidavit. And his attorneys may not be so brilliant, as portrayed by MSM.

Does anyone have handy the following?

Who the 2 Advocates are and their background?

TIA

KM tweets that Ms.Burger Will be cross-examined very shortly.

Gonna be interesting

So the 'new' defense tidbit we have now heard is that he talked with Reeva right before the incident, so that is his excuse for assuming she was in the bed, and not in the bathroom.

But if so, then that means she was awake. And if he knew she was awake, wouldnt he confer with her before getting his guns out and attacking an intruder? Wouldnt he have a quick discussion with his girlfriend about that?

KM tweets that Ms.Burger Will be cross-examined very shortly.

Gonna be interesting

That is going to be major. If she holds up it will be huge for the state's case.

This is real sickening cross from Roux.
Should be disallowed.

Witness should oinly testify to what she heard, not whether she thinks OP is a liar.
That task is for the 3 people who will judge.

IMO shows the desperation of the DT!

Oh my - Roux is trying to say the gunshots the witness heard could have been the cricket bat hitting the toilet room door. :facepalm:

Does anyone have handy the following?

Who the 2 Advocates are and their background?

TIA
AFAIK, that information hasn't been released and may well not be. They've been appointed by the judge but she's pretty much gone on lockdown mode - refusing to supply media even her own CV. (I don't consider this a bad thing.)

From everything I've read, she has a great track record of stiff penalties for crimes against women but majority will rule in terms of a verdict - if the assessors both agree, they could override the judge.

Roux should not be allowed to ask this witness about what her husband heard.That is for when he testifies.

Sickening from Roux and also that PT and Judge do not object to this.

AFAIK, that information hasn't been released and may well not be. They've been appointed by the judge but she's pretty much gone on lockdown mode - refusing to supply media even her own CV. (I don't consider this a bad thing.)

From everything I've read, she has a great track record of stiff penalties for crimes against women but majority will rule in terms of a verdict - if the assessors both agree, they could override the judge.

I just found online that they are Janette Henzen-Du Toit and Themba Mazibuko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karen Simmons Guinn