Trial Discussion Thread #1 - 14.03.03-06, Day 1-4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge didn't know the overspill court was getting a live feed....

Witness: woke up just after 3 a.m. by a woman's terrible screams. Husband was awakened, too.

Heard a woman screaming for help. Heard a man scream for help 3 times.

It is burger. A neighbor.

Aside: there is no jury so not sure what protocol there is for opening statement either?

First witness clearly states she heard a woman's terrified screams. They woke her and her husband. She also said she heard a man shout for help. She got her husband to ring security.

'I heard her screams again. It was worse, it was more intense'

Four shots with long gap between one and two. Last two close together

First mistake by PT - worrying. They had no opening statement and had to think something up on the spur of the moment. I am gobsmacked!
I'm hoping its that the prosecutor is SO ready to try this case already, he just wants to get on with it. The evidence will speak for itself so why bother the court with opening remarks?

I'm a glass half full kinda girl today. ;)

Michelle Berger plainly states she was woken up by screams - more specifically, Reeva's screams. She heard both Reeva and Oscar (presumably) yelling for help. She called security. Her husband told security that Oscar and Reeva were being attacked.

She heard four gunshots. There was a pause between the first shot and the remaining shots. She did not hear Oscar again after he yelled for help - as such, she'd believed it was Reeva witnessing Oscar being shot.

Witnesses husband phoned the security at their old address. Wrong one.

She says it was a confusing time. But definite about two shots coming close together, others with long pause.

I wish we could see the exhibit! :maddening:

I'm spoiled by US trial-watching.

It is burger. A neighbor.

Aside: there is no jury so not sure what protocol there is for opening statement either?

Yes, you are right. Opening statements are usually used to pursuade the jury and perhaps were not needed. However, having been asked by the judge whether they wished to make an opening statement, I was very suprised to find the PT struggled to think on their feet.

Says she thought 'Hope that lady didn't see her husband shot in front of her' because after he screamed, she didn't hear him anymore.

Witness looking at photos of houses/balconies now.

Yes, you are right. Opening statements are usually used to pursuade the jury and perhaps were not needed. However, having been asked by the judge whether they wished to make an opening statement, I was very suprised to find the PT struggled to think on their feet.

I am following on twitter and did not see that

'Bloodcurdling screams. It leaves you cold. You can't translate it (interpr)'

'Not aware in the morning what had happened. I thought it was a housbreak in. I went to work like any other day. But I also called a friend'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper