Trial Discussion Thread #1 - 14.03.03-06, Day 1-4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shortly AFTER shots, she heard someone crying out loud.

Different translator then yesterday, this one is harder to understand.

Very true....is the interpreter really speaking English, she has got to be an govt employee. Is there any website which is posting live transcripts?

Witness struggling to describe row she heard coming from Oscar's. I'm struggling to understand interpreter.

Early lunch. Back ten mins early.

Is that interpreter translating into English or Dutch, lol?

This testimony is confusing. I missed the very first part but why are we talking about voices on Feb 13, 2013 and some kind of voice she heard on another later date?

So witness heard two previous rows but only certain that one came from Oscar's apartment? On the day of the shooting?

Realize that this witness' testimony of loud talking/arguing at circa 2 AM (is it?) for an hour is in stark contradistinction to OP's Bail Affidavit.

In that, he alleges that he and Reeva went to sleep shortly after 10 PM and he did not get up until circa 3 AM to get the fan when he allegedly heard the sound in the bathroom.

From the Bail Affidavit:
"...By about 22h00 on 13 February 2013 we were in our bedroom. She was doing her yoga exercises and I was in bed watching television. My prosthetic legs were off. We were deeply in love and I could not be happier. I know she felt the same way. She had given me a present for Valentine's Day but asked me only to open it the next day.

After Reeva finished her yoga exercises she got into bed and we both fell asleep.
I am acutely aware of violent crime being committed by intruders entering homes with a view to commit crime, including violent crime. I have received death threats before. I have also been a victim of violence and of burglaries before. For that reason I kept my firearm, a 9 mm Parabellum, underneath my bed when I went to bed at night.

During the early morning hours of 14 February 2013, I woke up, went onto the balcony to bring the fan in and closed the sliding doors, the blinds and the curtains. I heard a noise in the bathroom and realised that someone was in the bathroom..."
[BBM]

So witness heard two previous rows but only certain that one came from Oscar's apartment? On the day of the shooting?

I think she said on the night of the shooting, she did not know where the noises were coming from?

I don't think this witness is going to hold up as well as Burger. Shane, looks like she lives directly across the street and I think we are going to have conflicting reports here as to who/when/where was screaming etc.

I don't think this witness is going to hold up as well as Burger. Shane, looks like she lives directly across the street and I think we are going to have conflicting reports here as to who/when/where was screaming etc.

Thanks Carol. We will see.
Again IMO, her strongest points (if she holds up to Roux) may be the following:
1. Closeness
2. Negating his sleeping claim
3. Arguing for an hour leading right into the shooting IIRC. This negates his alleged intruder fear and implies knowledge of his shooting the person he had been arguing with for an hour and thus also involves Premeditation.

So this witness said that the sound of Oscar crying out loud after the shots - she thought it sounded like a woman, and her husband told her it was Oscar. This is why I said Burger should concede that it is possible that the screams she heard were a distressed male instead of a female.

Thanks Carol. We will see.
Again IMO, her strongest points (if she holds up to Roux) may be the following:
1. Closeness
2. Negating his sleeping claim
3. Arguing for an hour leading right into the shooting IIRC. This negates his alleged intruder fear and implies knowledge of his shooting the person he had been arguing with for an hour and thus also involves Premeditation.

She said she heard only one voice before the shots - between 1:00 - 2:00 - and it was a female voice. I don't think it's clear yet that it came from Oscar's residence.

Zwiebel:

I like your additions to this--adding things we may be missing, thanks.

During the break now, I asked yesterday if you liked "them onions"?

So this witness said that the sound of Oscar crying out loud after the shots - she thought it sounded like a woman, and her husband told her it was Oscar. This is why I said Burger should concede that it is possible that the screams she heard were a distressed male instead of a female.

So defence may use this witness to shake the credibility of Burger in retrospect, when he could not? Showing that Burger could have been mistaken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sachivcochin