Trial Discussion Thread #12 - 14.03.24, Day 14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that Stipp is back in court - I guess as a spectator

I asked yesterday and James83 (of similar mind to you) replied. Here is that exchange. I have to go update the trial elsewhere... so may not respond again.

I would add that it might take OP a bit longer than estimated by James, and the time of the shots is NOT set in concrete it coul be plus or mius a minute or two. So very easy to accept the time of shots as discussed... it allows some time to do stuff... again the State time for the shots at 3:17 is simply NOT POSSIBLE and so not correct.

There are three obvious problems with this:

1. The witnesses all described hearing a woman,
2. The witnesses all described hearing gunshots, and
3. The witnesses described the terrified screams ending with bangs of gun shots.

I.e., through some incredible twist of bad luck the witnesses didn't hear the killing, but mistakenly heard OP duplicate the sounds of a woman being attacked and shot, the very thing he just did.

I'm having a very difficult time even considering that in the realm of possibility - a guy shoots a woman, nobody hears it. The guy makes the sound of a woman being attacked and shot, and everybody hears it.

Sisters Gina and Kim Myers are in court for the first time at the start of week 4 of the murder trial.

Barry Bateman on twitter

If Roux is trying to suggest that you can't know who searched the iPads then this suggests there is something in the history that is damning to Oscar. I just can't imagine what!

It was Cindy Anthony... still looking for Chlorophyll and misspelling it as Chloroform :banghead:

Wonder if Stipp's wife is going to testify

It's great to see everybody here tonight/this morning! Let's get this shoo on the rood!

Nel
smileys-coffee-880060_zps722cef4f.gif

Tea already?

I'm almost ready ... I am watching Dallas Buyers Club (good movie) and have 12 minutes left. Good timing, if I do say so :)

I missed that in the theaters but definitely plan to watch it on Netflix. It looks great! I just got my gratuitous vampire fix for the night, catching up on The Originals :)

I think its sweet that Judge Masipa adheres to the form of tea time as a mid morning break.. its kind to Oscar.. he must need a break from the constant stillness.

and of course, for Nel and Roux , the break is essential , one to consult with client, one to consult with clerks..

and for her and her assessors. being televised live for hours without a break , maintaining an impartial and unreadable face must be exhausting..

and for the deputies, the registrars..

its a civilized habit.

I hope this isn't one of those Mondays that has a character of its own that I've heard Nel talk about. I'm too tired to wait an hour (or more) for the trial to convene.

Nel up. apoligising to Milady..

here we

the two ipads, the two phones were handed to Capt Moller..

that the data was downloaded..

on 25th feb, the accused handed over his phone. this phone was also downloaded by cap moller..

this is stipulated to by both parties..

exhibit xx

so no argument from Roux re being handed all the evidence from the ipads, phones, blackberries.

ANnete STIPP up

no tv.. testimony in English..

I presume ... her husbands was.

madame stipp affirms on the bible.

affirms address.. knows dr stipp. she shares a house with him.
she is an occupational therapist..

they had a normal evening.. put the kids to bed, retired about 10.30... her her husband, 3 kids and her domestic worker.

what caused you to wake up?? I had a bout of coughing... contemplating what to do about it. looked over to her husbands clock radio 3.02.

getting herself a drink. I heard gunshot I asked johan, did you hear that?? he had woken up , he said yes. .

exhibit H.. she has looked out her window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper