Trial Discussion Thread #19 - 14.04.07, Day 17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roux did not want to get into the meat of the testimony, and allow Nel an entire evening to pick it apart.

Too much tippytoeing around this guy for my liking. I'm surprised he isn't carried out by angels on a fluffy cloud to make sure he gets a sleep.

I thought his mum taught him to stand up for himself?

I understand, though I think that it is fair to talk about the high level of crime in SA - race need not be brought into it, which it hasn't been. I have a number of friends who live or have lived in SA and they have all described a heightened sense of insecurity with regards to the potential of dangerous crime.

Of course it is fair to talk about it. I was just saying that they needed to tread lightly because, although no race was mentioned, it was not necessary to. The judge knew exactly who he was referring to.

May I ask? Where is the link for the Live Trail? thank You.

Oscar: my mother did religious dancing

okay, call me uneducated, what type of dancing is this?

I think he mentioned Israel. Religious dancing is commonplace there. Why Israel? Did she have a Jewish background? Not that it matters. We all choose/learn our own religious beliefs. Interesting because OP does not follow Judaism.

Jewish dance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If anyone is exhausted, I think it may be My Lady after listening to this unending diatribe.

Nel definitely seemed as if he wanted to continue.

Oh well. I'd rather continue tomorrow when My Lady is rested.

I really do not know about this adjournment. If one of the police witnesses had said they were tired, would Roux have allowed them to step down and come back the next day?

May I ask? Where is the link for the Live Trail? thank You.

http://www.wildabouttrial.com/one_off/oscar-pistorius-trial-live-stream/

Although it's now finished for the day.

I really do not know about this adjournment. If one of the police witnesses had said they were tired, would Roux have allowed them to step down and come back the next day?

Maybe if they're seen to be bending over backwards, it leaves less room for an appeal?

One thing we have seen consistently; each time Op is asked to speak about Reeva, he becomes tearful and incoherent. Nel is going to struggle getting answers to any pertinent questions, I think.

OP said he and Reeva would pray together, over meals etc. But in the emails, I saw Reeva saying 'bless you' and 'you're blessed' and 'I said a prayer for you' to him, but I don't remember any similar response from OP at all.

Just got back from the dentist and saw the last answer before adjournment, so has OP given any details about the night in question yet or am I right to think were are still in the preambles of how he got from cradle to 14th Feb 2013 ?

Thank You Very Much patCee.

Well, Baba did get an ajournment or was let off early for feeling ill one day (don't remember who asked for it). But, personally I don't think Nel is worried. He knows he'll get his chance soon enough.

Well, Baba did get an ajournment or was let off early for feeling ill one day (don't remember who asked for it). But, personally I don't think Nel is worried. He knows he'll get his chance soon enough.

Wasn't it Roux who asked for it?

I completely believe OP about the Jack Russell being a better watchdog than the big ones. Boy, can they bark...and bark....and bark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member