Trial Discussion Thread #19 - 14.04.07, Day 17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If OP doesn't quit with all the blubbering, can the judge hold him in contempt of court, or can Roux use this as a reason to say he's not fit to testify? Just asking, because OP's disrupted court proceedings before with his vomithon, and now with all the sobbing etc, and an adjournment because he's tired... what if he just can't get his act together, then what?

OT;

Sometimes I used to wonder what the Arias forum would have been like if Nurmi had been prosecuting and Martinez defending. Crazy to think about. I equally wonder how this case would play out if Nel and Roux swapped roles.

If Martinez was the defense attorney, forget about it. If the prosecutor is being a pit bull it's justified and necessary and amaze balls. If the DT does it, he's a rude, petulant, tyrant of a man using unethical tactics to win his case. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Juan, but the double standard, I am finding, just...fill in the blank, lol.

I knew Nel was going to be just as aggressive as Roux during cross exam, I've said as much but maybe it's just me, but I don't remember Roux ever scoffing, mocking, or openly laughing at the witnesses, sarcastically answering questions for them and throwing in comments like, "yes I want to laugh too." I don't think aggressively questioning a witness is wrong at all, but that behavior was inappropriate and strange, IMO.

BUT it's SA, so maybe it's totally standard...

Nobody likes to see or hear someone break down on the stand, he needs to do this, Reeva's family need to know. If he's not capable of getting through his testimony, he should never have taken the stand. In saying that, there was no sympathy from some people when a states witness broke down on the stand, she was an innocent bystander, in fact there were people hailing Roux's sarcastic questioning of her as brilliant. Could it be that some are worried about Nel questioning OP, after all it's his job to get to the truth, for the victim.

Still mulling over OP and prosecution witness's testimony and this side of the bed thing .
Everything we have seen and heard so far points to OP being on the right except his shoulder injury his statement and defence stressing he was on the left .
There must be some big reason for this .
Surely it can't just be the *advertiser censored* on the iPads or that he thinks if he says his gun was under the bed we believe he was less likely to notice she was in bed ?
The crime scene photo's and his testimony today give more likelihood to the fact that he was on the right not Reeva because of the iPads,his jeans ,gun magazine etc
Could it be linked to the blood spatter above the left headboard or was it clarified that was arterial spurt ?

Hopefully this will become clearer as the trial continues as it puzzles the heck out of me .

and now with all the sobbing etc, and an adjournment because he's tired... what if he just can't get his act together, then what?

.. what I found strange though was that his act was perfectly together all the while he was talking about being at school, etc .. in fact he was really quite boyant at that part of it. If he was really that exhuasted, then he wouldn't have gone on at so much length about such trivial stuff and the minutiae of things like that piece of replacement glass having been wrapped in brown paper .. honestly!

'@AlexCrawfordSky · 60s ago
#oscarPistorius He's sitting on the floor of the dock, his face being stroked by his psychologist'

www.twitter.com/alexcrawfordsky

Er....what?!

Have y'all noticed how much stroking OP apparently requires? I'd noticed it in his family interactions in court, but now one of his many psychologists actually goes into the dock to stroke him? Very, very bizarre imo.

We now know why Nel never pursued the broken window. There was a replacement pane at home (presumably in the garage) all along.

I think anyone who thought the broken window was caused due to a fight/argument downstairs, can safely eliminate that window from their theory now.

:judge:

I'm reading back and remembered I lost a post that was quite important; the defence pathologist said he believes Reeva voided her bladder very shortly before her death....so that could mean she had just gone to the toilet, as OP says.

We now know why Nel never pursued the broken window. There was a replacement pane at home (presumably in the garage) all along.

I think anyone who thought the broken window was caused due to a fight/argument downstairs, can safely eliminate that window from their theory now.

Well, Steve, that's still not good enough. OP can give a perfectly reasonable explanation for it and it's still, "nope, no way, the air gun did that." Similar if the broken door and Reeva's jeans get brought up and OP also has a reasonable explanation for those. I knew Roux would get to that stuff as opposed to just leaving it in the air.

If Martinez was the defense attorney, forget about it. If the prosecutor is being a pit bull it's justified and necessary and amaze balls. If the DT does it, he's a rude, petulant, tyrant of a man using unethical tactics to win his case. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Juan, but the double standard, I am finding, just...fill in the blank, lol.

I knew Nel was going to be just as aggressive as Roux during cross exam, I've said as much but maybe it's just me, but I don't remember Roux ever scoffing, mocking, or openly laughing at the witnesses, sarcastically answering questions for them and throwing in comments like, "yes I want to laugh too." I don't think aggressively questioning a witness is wrong at all, but that behavior was inappropriate and strange, IMO.

BUT it's SA, so maybe it's totally standard...

I agree. I have never seen either Roux or Nel 'in action' until this trial and I was very surprised at the 180 Nel seemed to pull when questioning Botha this morning. I felt the prosecution case was a little weak; maybe Nel's brilliance comes in his unraveling of the defense case and witnesses. (It wouldn't be my preferred modus operandi in all honesty but if that's his way of proving guilt then I guess it works for him).

Have y'all noticed how much stroking OP apparently requires? I'd noticed it in his family interactions in court, but now one of his many psychologists actually goes into the dock to stroke him? Very, very bizarre imo.

.. and yet Reeva's stroking (of his neck) used to irritate him!

I have definitely seen an article saying there had been no incidents in the previous two years.

I remembering one of the police witnesses saying there had been one other apart from OP's.

A gentle rub of the shoulders or a hug from family and friends I can get. But a full on face-stroke from your psychologist?! Weeeeird.

Happy to say it didn't happen that night so doesn't carry any weight to the case but still doesn't mean we know for sure how it happened except his word for it .
It could still have been done in anger at some other time :)

IIRC there was no broken glass found, so that eliminated the break happening that night imo. Hope Nel has a receipt for the new pane showing terrified of intruders OP didn't have have it fixed immediately.

.. what I found strange though was that his act was perfectly together all the while he was talking about being at school, etc .. in fact he was really quite boyant at that part of it. If he was really that exhuasted, then he wouldn't have gone on at so much length about such trivial stuff and the minutiae of things like that piece of replacement glass having been wrapped in brown paper .. honestly!

He really did have all of his lines memorized. Normally people testifying will give an answer that is lacking, at least a few that are lacking, and the attorney that is asking the question will restate or clarify what he is asking to prompt the witness. I did not see that happen once. Correct me if I am wrong, but not once Did Roux have to go back to OP on a single question.

It will not be so under cross examination by Mr. Nel. I almost screamed when he told the Professor, "No professor it is not that you might be wrong, YOU ARE WRONG!"

BIB But you loved when Roux was doing it! :floorlaugh:

Mr. Nel is much better at this stuff than Roux. Mr. Nel actually gets the witness to break and change their story. Lovely day for the PT today.

BBM

How many times did Nel get Prof. Botha to concede? It was so many, I lost count.

I can't wait for Nel to cross-examine OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper