Trial Discussion Thread #20 - 14.04.08, Day 18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think, there are many reasons, why OP sobs and cries and howls and we will see more of this today in court.
However, if he escapes with little or no penalty, then he will again clench his fist and call like a winner "Yyyesss!!" All his sobbing will be forgotten in seconds.
That struck me very unpleasant at bail hearing, after sobbing so much too.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR GREAT POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The blonde lady who has recently appeared sat with the prosecution team is psychologist Colonel Stollard.

She's been brought in to assess and comment on OP's behaviour and mannerism's.

He admitted his jealousy and insecurity about not being introduced by Reeva to the gentleman at the event she was talking to. Reeva had mentioned other jealous episodes in the TM'S, also his sobbing and uncontrollable emotions in court speaks volumes. Reeva had met with her longtime ex for coffee just two days prior and had even called her twice while they were visiting. They still maintained a close friendship. Even though Oscar seemed cool with it behind closed doors it could have been a bigger issue especially since he is jealous and insecure. Having only stumps probably makes it worse.

So, she wasn't breathing and he sat with her for an indeterminate length of time, but he says he called Netcare and was planning to drive her to the hospital and when Dr Stipp arrived he had his fingers in Reeva's mouth in an attempt to revive her. Really?

Maybe because he was overcome with seriously huge amount of shock, disbelief?

Wonder how I would react if I had to see the bloody lifeless body of my lover? Blood everywhere? Think I'd stroll through it and react in a normal manner? Do the logical thing and call the police straight away? No freakin way, I would probably go ballistic, scream like a man, make donkey noises, and nothing at the same time. Perhaps my mind would not be connected to the rest of me for a while because of being overcome with major shock.

An inhuman reaction from OP shortly after opening that toiler door? I don't really think so.

I wonder how the judge is interpreting his sobbing/crying .. as true remorse or as an act

I'm not even going to guess OP's relationship with Reeva from a psychological point of view, because having not ever spoken with or seen Reeva and OP it would be a guess.
That's a leap too far for me in such a serious trial.

With regard to physical harm, I've yet to see or hear any evidence of domestic violence whatsoever. No witnesses have testified to anything of this nature and no marks have been found on Reeva's body to suggest this. This we know as fact, it is not guesswork.

It can be agreed we've heard allegations of firing out of a sunroof and a restaurant, and possession of illegal bullets, but none of these suggest anything other than improper conduct.

I don't believe the DV label at all in this case.

He admitted his jealousy and insecurity about not being introduced by Reeva to the gentleman at the event she was talking to. Reeva had mentioned other jealous episodes in the TM'S, also his sobbing and uncontrollable emotions in court speaks volumes. Reeva had met with her longtime ex for coffee just two days prior and had even called her twice while they were visiting. They still maintained a close friendship. Even though Oscar seemed cool with it behind closed doors it could have been a bigger issue especially since he is jealous and insecure. Having only stumps probably makes it worse.

I also detect some jealousy and insecurity in OP, though not to the extent that it's likely he decided prematurely or on the spur of the moment to kill Reeva because of it.

I cannot accept that a neighbour would cover up the murder of a young woman next door just to be recognised. That neighbour may have young female relatives themselves.

It sounds like a suggestion someone would make if they were quite worried about a close neighbour testifying.

Not at all, the point was that the neighbour might be a friend and as such more likely to be a hostile witness, never a good thing for either the prosecution or the defense if you're looking to get evidence as opposed to character references.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08