Trial Discussion Thread #21 - 14.04.09, Day 19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now subtely blaming the police for him washing his hands.

The reason why he disappeared off was because the paramedic asked for ID for Reeva .. apparently. Is that normal procedure in SA, does anyone know? It certainly isn't in the UK .. I know that from my own experience when my mother died suddenly in her house and had to call the paramedics, who in turn called the police (the police are always required to attend the scene in such instances, just to rule out any suspicious circumstances) .. but at no point were we asked for any ID for my mother.

O: Two officers...then Col Van Ren came up and introduced himself. I was just crying. Some time passed. Police asked me to stay in the kitchen. Police asked me if anyone else was in the home. Then they started to check the home....everytime I looked up there were more people in the house, they were going up and down....I asked a policeman if I could wash my hands because the smell was making me throw. He said he'd ask Col V R. He came back and said I could wash my hands.

Oscar who was "putting his fingers in her mouth" in order to "save Reeva's life" says the doctor didn't seem to know what he was doing. Nice.

What part of saving anyone's life involves putting one's fingers in their mouth?

(Yes, I know CPR and yes I know about clearing the mouth of foreign matter but don't think that applied here.)

The fact is that in this short time on the stand he has contradicted every single word, sentence in his sworn affidavit. Right now I'm deeply engrossed in his testimony, it makes me :floorlaugh:

I'm sure it does come across that way. Perhaps when given his first sworn affidavit he was still under severe shock or didn't realize just how much detail he was leaving out. Roux must've told/advised him that he better fill those gaps to the best of his recollection to complete the story so that there aren't any stones left unturned. I for one appreciate all the new details, because it does indeed fill many questionable gaps.

wish they would stream it on tv all the way .. looks much better ..

also, who are the brunettes they keep showing .. op's family or steenkamp's ?

edit: cnn stopped airing it here .. the anchor said it would keep airing for everyone except those waiting on 'early start' .. so I guess it's going to keep airing internationally ? but not in the states on cnn

Aislinn Laing ‏@Simmoa 10s
Even though he's still emotional Pistorius is, like yesterday, ticking some important boxes in the defence case: hand washing, cops all over

https://twitter.com/Simmoa

Why even feel the need to mention he didn't go through her purse? Why not just state he grabbed it? Hmmm.

Why did he need to mention one police officer was wearing shorts? *sigh*

O: Then Col Botha arrived, asked if I remembered him. He went upstairs immediately. I couldn't look round the corner because evrytime I did I saw R and I got sick. I stayed in the pantry, nxt to the washing machine.

I don't think Roux is helping OP. He is allowing him to ramble. He should be asking questions and expecting answers. It is no good letting OP ramble as he is going to produce more evidence for Nel to take a crack at. I know Roux has to be careful but leaving OP to wallow is useless.

O: Mr VR said I didn't have to speak to anyone but they'd like me to go to the garage....there was a police officer who stayed in the garage the whole time. I was in the garage for several hours.

Oscar who was "putting his fingers in her mouth" in order to "save Reeva's life" says the doctor didn't seem to know what he was doing. Nice.

What part of saving anyone's life involves putting one's fingers in their mouth?

(Yes, I know CPR and yes I know about clearing the mouth of foreign matter but don't think that applied here.)

What an absolute cheek .. presumably this has been worked into the script in order to try and discredit Dr Stipp's evidence (and possibly even that of his wife) .. i.e. they don't seem to know what they are talking about.

O: I asked the photographer if he could pls just take the photos so I could take my clothes off, because they were all just stained.

wish they would stream it on tv all the way .. looks much better ..

also, who are the brunettes they keep showing .. op's family or steenkamp's ?

edit: cnn stopped airing it here .. the anchor said it would keep airing for everyone except those waiting on 'early start' .. so I guess it's going to keep airing internationally ? but not in the states on cnn

Yes, but those dang commercials.

O: From garage I was taken to foyer of my home, officer came up and told me he was a family member of mine and I didn't have anything to worry about..at that point Col Vsaid because I was the only person in the house, they were going to arrest me.

I didn't catch the name of officer he said was family, but he said it.

Why is it relevant to talk about what side of the car Mr **** (missed name) was sitting on when OP left the house in the police car?

The reason why he disappeared off was because the paramedic asked for ID for Reeva .. apparently. Is that normal procedure in SA, does anyone know? It certainly isn't in the UK .. I know that from my own experience when my mother died suddenly in her house and had to call the paramedics, who in turn called the police (the police are always required to attend the scene in such instances, just to rule out any suspicious circumstances) .. but at no point were we asked for any ID for my mother.
It would appear to be, when a person passed away in my home some years ago, I had to go scratch through his things to get his ID before they removed the body from my house! I also recall the ID was photographed.

I'm sure it does come across that way. Perhaps when given his first sworn affidavit he was still under severe shock or didn't realize just how much detail he was leaving out. Roux must've told/advised him that he better fill those gaps to the best of his recollection to complete the story so that there aren't any stones left unturned. I for one appreciate all the new details, because it does indeed fill many questionable gaps.

I can see he is still under severe shock with all the crying/vomiting/etc. Maybe in 5 years time (when he is not crying/vomiting/etc), we can have enough details for a trilogy! hehe :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member