Trial Discussion Thread #21 - 14.04.09, Day 19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking about the drive to hospital now. OP was told to keep his head down by Col V, to avoid media. At the hospital, 'some tests' were carried out.

did I hear this part correctly?

" one of the officers introduced himself, said he was a friend of my family, and was there to help protect me? "

O: I went to the bedroom and got Reeva's handbag. I didn't go through it. Ms S was waiting outside the room and I gave the handbag to her.

Why even feel the need to mention he didn't go through her purse? Why not just state he grabbed it? Hmmm.

I found that tidbit so disingenuous. Trying to show he treated her respectfully? Was that the point? If so, why?

In totality, the defense is over-compensating.

The box ticking during his testimony has been astounding. Considering how much fear, panic, terror, grief etc he was in and he can still remember the minutiae of detail in everything but the parts that we all want to know about.

Yesterday he was supposedly in a terrible state of reliving the event when he actually pointed out that the cricket bat was between the cabinet and the door. Not that he just went and fetched his bat . Totally unbelievable !!

O: From garage I was taken to foyer of my home, officer came up and told me he was a family member of mine and I didn't have anything to worry about..at that point Col Vsaid because I was the only person in the house, they were going to arrest me.

I didn't catch the name of officer he said was family, but he said it.

How odd that the officer was a family member .. and that he had to tell OP that he was .. how come OP didn't know he was? (not that he can possibly be lying about that bit, I don't see the point .. but just that it sounds really odd)

O:Ms S asked me if she should call anyone. I don't remember if I spoke to Mr Novaris or not. She also called my agent and my brother.

R: Did you phone any lawyer?

O: No, I did not milady.

Charl du Plessis ‏@CharlduPlessc 1m
#OscarPistorius Weird. I was journalist waiting outside OP house. I recall he was taken to Boschkop police station first, not hospital

https://twitter.com/CharlduPlessc

He says he didn't phone any lawyer .. so Clarice doesn't count then?

R asks about bat.

O: I can barely stand on my stumps. let alone wield a bat. I was on my stumps.

OP- I can barely stand on my stumps.

If so, then why did he go brush his teeth "on his stumps" earlier? And attack Mr. Intruder "on his stumps?" SMH He speaks out of both sides of his mouth.

Can barely stand on his stumps - but can handle the recoil from firing four shots from a 9mm just fine, tyvm. ;)

R asking about calls and dufdufduf sounds. At 3.17, what were they?

O: The sounds would have been the cricket bat hitting the door...Dr Stipp said he'd seen a man walking in the btrm.-

R: We'll get to that.

I'm sure it does come across that way. Perhaps when given his first sworn affidavit he was still under severe shock or didn't realize just how much detail he was leaving out. Roux must've told/advised him that he better fill those gaps to the best of his recollection to complete the story so that there aren't any stones left unturned. I for one appreciate all the new details, because it does indeed fill many questionable gaps.

I agree, definitely ticking a lot of the boxes where the info was missing from his affi, putting end to a lot of speculation ie: why he went upstairs/ the damaged bedroom door/ that netcare did indeed tell him not to wait for the ambulance, sure there is more!

I found that tidbit so disingenuous. Trying to show he treated her respectfully? Was that the point? If so, why?

In totality, the defense is over-compensating.

Similarly, he said after dragging Reeva out of the toilet he 'gently' put her head on the carpet in the bathroom. Very thoughtful! *sigh*

R: Prior shots Dr S heard?

O: That would have been me firing my pistol.

OP- I can barely stand on my stumps.

If so, then why did he go brush his teeth "on his stumps" earlier? And attack Mr. Intruder "on his stumps?" SMH He speaks out of both sides of his mouth.

He also ran back to the bedroom in his testimony yesterday.

R asks about bat.

O: I can barely stand on my stumps. let alone wield a bat. I was on my stumps.

Can still manage to wield a gun and use it with deadly accuracy though.

I agree, definitely ticking a lot of the boxes where the info was missing from his affi, putting end to a lot of speculation ie: why he went upstairs/ the damaged bedroom door/ that netcare did indeed tell him not to wait for the ambulance, sure there is more!

Putting an end to speculation? Because he says it was a certain way, that means no need for any more speculation?

R: Dr S refers to 3.12 approx

O: I've marked out how far I walked on my stumps...as far as I remember, it was about five mins before I hit the door with the bat that I fired my weapon.

R: So consistent with the time of 3.12..

5 minutes between 1st and 2nd sounds - per op

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members