Trial Discussion Thread #21 - 14.04.09, Day 19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except the gun shots were never at 3.10am, they were at 3.16am.

Nope. That was the cricket bat whacks. Remember the forensic evidence and the two sets of loud bangs?

Gunshots before cricket bat. Not disputed.

are there still people who are clinging to the 'Screaming Oscar ' theory??

and as a consequence , must still cling to the 'Silent Reeva ' theory??

neither are interchangeable .. to believe in one, , one must believe in the other.. they are inextricably glued together..

are there still people who are clinging to the 'Screaming Oscar ' theory??

and as a consequence , must still cling to the 'Silent Reeva ' theory??

neither are interchangeable .. to believe in one, , one must believe in the other.. they are inextricably glued together..

I'm clinging to the idea that the witnesses were mistaken. Not such a huge stretch to me.

Apparently there will be witnesses who lived much closer to OP who will contradict what the other neighbors heard.

How do I know what?

Anything other than what is presented to us and making determinations on that evidence. I listened to state evidence re shots and bat sounds by witness statements and those by Oscar and defence. I made an informed decision that the bats were first and shots second. I may be wrong..doubt it....but its a forum.

What the??? They are called opinions like anyone else........the fact that I may infer that Oscars mind or personality is not what he portrays to the public is something many have described.

You said "he soooooo wanted to look in that crack" as if you know something about him or know what he was thinking. Sorry if I misinterpreted ..

Anything other than what is presented to us and making determinations on that evidence. I listened to state evidence re shots and bat sounds by witness statements and those by Oscar and defence. I made an informed decision that the bats were first and shots second. I may be wrong..doubt it....but its a forum.

I was asking how do you know what time the second set of shots were?

Nope. That was the cricket bat whacks. Remember the forensic evidence and the two sets of loud bangs?

Several witnesses saying that they heard gunshots not cricket bat. Evidence is therefore disputed.

Not yet. I'm sure we are going to hear all about it....

Are you aware that it's the State's case that the gunshots happened before the cricket bat hit the door? That's the State's case and that's the Defense's case. There's no information about any other activity that caused any loud bangs.

If you don't mind - how did you come up with the decision that the bats were first and shots were second? :waitasec:

I was asking how do you know what time the second set of shots were?

I picked 3.16 yet I am not certain court has not made exact timing on second set of sounds bang...bang, bang, bang they waver between 3.16-3.17am

During the early morning hours of 14 February 2013, I woke up, went onto the balcony to bring the fan in and closed the sliding doors, the blinds and the curtains. I heard a noise in the bathroom and realised that someone was in the bathroom.

However, Pistorius has told the court he did not go out fully onto his bedroom balcony to retrieve the fan. The Paralympian has been given time to read his full affidavit statement over lunch.

Read more: http://www.theweek.co.uk/world-news...how-reeva-died-he-held-her-body#ixzz2yRuqHD6c

I know for a fact fans can block out noises in the house.I use one at night so I can block
out noises and sleep

I'm clinging to the idea that the witnesses were mistaken. Not such a huge stretch to me.

Apparently there will be witnesses who lived much closer to OP who will contradict what the other neighbors heard.

so that's a "Screaming Oscar/ Silent Reeva' ... ok.

Rebecca Davis ‏@becsplanb 5m
Pistorius says he gave his counsel his version many months ago. "We re-worked it" - then corrected himself. "We worked on it together"

https://twitter.com/becsplanb

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I was thinking that if this were a jury trial, he would probably get not guilty due to "reasonable doubt" b/c jurors would of course selectively been selected and a couple might believe his story and also his sobbing and vomiting act....but now I'm thinking he would get a GUILTY even with a jury.

I was at the park the other day and there is a gun range almost right next to it. You can always hear guns going when you go to this park. As the guns were being fired, I made a mental note that they sounded almost exactly like the construction going near my house. It had a "thud" quality to it that could very much sound like wood on wood or something hard hitting something else hard.

When we hear loud bangs that sound like gunshots our minds go straight to gunshots. Even in instances when we know it's not, like a car backfire or fireworks, our minds still automatically think gunshots. I don't see how the witnesses can be so sure about what they heard and I don't know how anyone can take this certainty as hard, indisputable evidence. At least Dr. Stipp was willing to somewhat entertain the possibility that what he heard was the cricket bat. I mean, one shot had to be the cricket bat and one the gun shots and they both sounded exactly the same to him.

Several witnesses saying that they heard gunshots not cricket bat. Evidence is therefore disputed.

Right - and several witnesses who also heard two sets of gunshots at 3:10 ish and 3:17. All the witnesses can't be right because there were only 4 gunshots and they all happened at the same time (again according to the State's ballistics expert)

State's evidence is that gunshots happened before cricket bat hit the door. That is not disputed.

I picked 3.16 yet I am not certain court has not made exact timing on second set of sounds bang...bang, bang, bang they waver between 3.16-3.17am

Ok.

But the only reason I'm confused about this is that Mrs. Stipp says the second set of shots was at 3:17 but her clock was fast, unless I missed something and had accounted for the time change when reporting 3:17.

Are you aware that it's the State's case that the gunshots happened before the cricket bat hit the door? That's the State's case and that's the Defense's case. There's no information about any other activity that caused any loud bangs.

If you don't mind - how did you come up with the decision that the bats were first and shots were second? :waitasec:

As I tried badly to explain....the state evidence batman says he 'thought' the bats may have come after,and nel clarified by asking could marks have been made as intimidation. yes my lady. but bats first allows for the small crack that the bat was placed into to pry the door. It is state presentation showing diagonal mark on bat consistent with it being placed into this crack, my belief, post shooting that allows for bats first, shots second, hand pulling last. He bats,he looks, he shoots, he pries panels out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper