Trial Discussion Thread #22 - 14.04.10, Day 20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, his wimpy droning is getting under my skin.. it's like "...doooh deee doooh deeeee oooooo oreeooo...." I'm getting ready to bail out on this lol.

I'm ready to stop following this too as it is infuriating me too much that ANYONE could possibly believe this lying delusional man. *and breathe* lol.

I love the 'immaculate explosion' quote from Nel.

OP claims he didn't have time and/or didn't have time to think to check the magazine & eject it?

Good grief - why not?

As a gun owner & enthusiast, and as someone who should be well versed in firearm safety, why didn't OP take the time to check the magazine & eject it?

Furthermore, both Lerena and Fresco testified that Fresco told OP the gun was "one up" as Fresco passed the Glock to OP.

Yet, OP sits there and claims that he wasn't aware there was a bullet in the chamber, and sits there and blames Fresco for handing him an unsafe firearm.

It's business as usual with OP. Everything is everyone else's fault. To hear OP tell it, he's the perpetual victim of circumstances, everyone's else's mistakes, and everyone else's bad behavior.

His blame game is never ending.

Confirmation that her phone was indeed with her in the toilet at 2 am :doh: also. I would assume that there was no call out or texting out or we would have heard such in the trial.

It does make me wonder if there was an incoming text that she perhaps wanted to privately read without Oscar seeing it? I'm trying to think of reasons she would have the phone in the toilet other than the one you mentioned. Any other thoughts?

To use it as a flashlight instead of waking him was my thoughts UNTIL I heard him testify that she was awake when he got up to get the fans in

I use my phone as a flashlight if I go to the toilet in the night so I don't wake hubby, but I don't lock the toilet door

I think Nel's going to make out "it's not my fault" is OP's 'default' position and as that's his constant attitude then he would never take the blame for Reeva's death regardless of whatever the intent was that night.

I don't think OP is capable of accepting responsibility for any of his inappropriate actions, only his achievements. That is not standing him in good stead at all. By not accepting responsibility for the less serious indiscretions, (relationship problems, and the previous shootings) he has no credibility when it comes to his version of events that he is charged with.
I think OP taking the stand to give his version was a bad idea as it is doing way more harm than helping his defence. And the cross has only just begun.
I totally agree but without Oscar testifying to his state of mind, I believe a murder conviction was likely the only possible result. His testifying at least allows him the chance of culpable homicide - however remote that chance may appear to some.

JMO

Has Nel crossed yet on the sunroof shooting?

Or was that Roux on direct I think?

I don't think OP is capable of accepting responsibility for any of his inappropriate actions, only his achievements. That is not standing him in good stead at all. By not accepting responsibility for the less serious indiscretions, (relationship problems, and the previous shootings) he has no credibility when it comes to his version of events that he is charged with.
I think OP taking the stand to give his version was a bad idea as it is doing way more harm than helping his defence. And the cross has only just begun.

This all comes back to what he said on the stand yesterday. He is thinking about every word he says re the consequences instead of being truthful, unfortunately it will be his undoing

the thing is, that both Darrin and Kevin Larena ( the sweet little boxer) both testified that Darrin told him quite clearly, ' this gun is one up'.. meaning. there is a round in the chamber.

clearly and unequivocally. kevin heard it because Darrin and Oscar leant their heads over him, he was in the middle, when Darrin said this to Oscar.

Of course, it's a hypothetical. I've made this same point in the JA trial. It's impossible to get a full picture of the relationship over texts alone. It's impossible.

What I am saying is, hypothetically (of course) if say I ended up dead and my husband is on trial and he says we had a very loving, wonderful relationship, that would not be a lie. It's scary that a lawyer can cherry pick a few convos and say, "see, you're lying, you did not have a great relationship, you argued sometimes." I fail to see how that's fair. In fact, we had an argument earlier that, taken out of context, can seem like what it isn't. I'll post a bit to make a point:

Me: It makes me feel bad when you try and put all the responsibility on me for everything. I understand your frustration but I don't think that's fair and it hurts my feelings.

Him: Ok I understand, and I don't want to hurt your feelings. I'm just under a lot of pressure for work, I just need your help.

I just imagine some ALV type taking that as evidence that he hurts me, abuses me, and blames me for his anger while making excuses for it. Taken alone, I shudder think someone can say, "so what he apologized and took responsibility for hurting her? He blames work and her not helping him for his anger. And why couldn't she say this to his face? And why does he brush her off...etc. Classic DV." When that couldn't be farther from the truth. And he is stressed at work, very stressed.

So, hypothetically, if one day he comes home super stressed out and you don't have dinner ready and try to justify it with a list of the stuff you've been doing(housework, gardening, looking after kids, shopping, laundry, etc or whatever), but he just flips out and kills you, you don't think the police should be able to use your messages to help convict him of your murder?

If OP keeps this up he deserves whatever comes his way. I have been a supporter (for both) since hearing about the shooting. Giving him the benefit of the doubt. But him admitting and then denying what he admitted to a few minutes later is going to cause his downfall. Mess up whatever credibility he has left. And he'll have noone else to blame but himself.

I found that all a bit surreal. I would have understood better if OP had denied ever touching the gun, but it seems to me (admitting I know nothing about it) that a manufacturer of guns that go off by themselves without warning, wouldn't stay in business long?

I can't feel the manufacturer of whatever gun that was will be best pleased by this bit of testimony? Can a person be sued for something said in court in SA?

I'd like to have known if he'd have said the same if somebody was killed with it. You can bet your bottom dollar Glock would have sent a whole team of reps to dispute any possibility that nobody's finger was on the trigger.

It is absolutely frightening to me at this point how delusional and/or manipulative Oscar is. These last 3 days on the stand have been incredibly eye opening.

I truly can't comprehend how anybody can believe him.

I'm ready to stop following this too as it is infuriating me too much that ANYONE could possibly believe this lying delusional man. *and breathe* lol.

I love the 'immaculate explosion' quote from Nel.

BBM
Missed that or sometimes the accent gets me.
Thanks.

But Nel generously offers OP a new way out--divine intervention.

I use my phone as a flashlight if I go to the toilet in the night so I don't wake hubby, but I don't lock the toilet door

The toilet light was supposed to be broken that night, so why would Reeva lock the door and pee in the dark, it's illogical.

'

He has been over coached that is causing havoc with his guilt ridden memory.

Actually, I think this is all him and not Roux coaching. It fits with his character.

E.g. He couldn't even accept he was watching *advertiser censored* and I don't know how many times Roux asked him on this...

So, hypothetically, if one day he comes home super stressed out and you don't have dinner ready and try to justify it with a list of the stuff you've been doing(housework, gardening, looking after kids, shopping, laundry, etc or whatever), but he just flips out and kills you, you don't think the police should be able to use your messages to help convict him of your murder?

It wouldn't be ok, at all. I don't think I'd be expected to day anything else, lol. But that's not the hypothetical I'm going for. I'm going for, I end up dead and he's falsely accused of my murder. Or vice versa, really. Our texts could be unfairly incriminating to either of us, in my very hypothetical situation, as neither of us are dead.

It is absolutely frightening to me at this point how delusional and/or manipulative Oscar is. These last 3 days on the stand have been incredibly eye opening.

I truly can't comprehend how anybody can believe him.
To be honest, it really makes my heart hurt so much for Reeva. I'd think being in a relationship with that level of crazy-making would have made her miserable. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinrebano