Trial Discussion Thread #22 - 14.04.10, Day 20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nel.. now there is something deeper here.... you are just not willing to accept the fact of you firing the gun. this gun in your possession. the safety catch off..

Oscar. my finger was not on the trigger..

Nel.. that's what s bothering me.. you cannot concede that your finger might be on the trigger??

Oscar.. no. I cannot concede this.

Nel why were you upset with Fresco again??

Oscar. for handing me a gun, with a round in the chamber and a magazine in it..

Nel.. you wanted to check if it was safe...

Oscar.. yes.

Nel. you cocked it..

Oscar. no. I didn't *advertiser censored* it. I was making the firearm safe.. I didn't know there was a round in the chamber.. I didn't know.

Nel. you didn't *advertiser censored* it??

Oscar... you have to slide the safety off to check the magazine I . checked ..

Nel. if yu wanted to make it safe,,the first thing would be to check the safety.. then check the magazine.

Oscar. yes.

Nel. but you didn't do that. you did it in reverse..

Oscar.. it was my mistake, I ddnt check to see if there was a round in the chamber. I wouldn't have done it.

Nel. this is another version. do you recall what I asked you ?

Oscar... I didn't think Fresco would give me a gun with a round in it..

Nel . ok. Fresco is stupid, but YOU should have checked the magazine....

Oscar. . yes. it was a mistake.

I wonder if OP is still friends with DF now?

OP has called him an out and out liar at least 3x.
Anyone know.?
I would tend to doubt it.

Nel's been swotting up on guns, taking O through the process

O is talking about rounds and magazines and I'm lost here, dunno the difference. But N says he's contradicted himself.

OP's called himself reckless and Fresco stupid.

O: I didn't have time to think.

Nel immediately refers to yesterday when O said the same thing about shooting Reeva.

Teatime. Told you!

my god.. things went even worse for Oscar today than yesterday.. that surprised me as I didn't think it could.

I wonder if OP is still friends with DF now?

OP has called him an out and out liar at least 3x.
Anyone know.?
I would tend to doubt it.

He's just called him stupid now too.

I think the core of Pistorius is that he appears to be missing his firearms and ammunition more than his slain girlfriend.

"I didn't have time to think..."

UUGGGHHHHH...bad move on OP"s part to use that same excuse again for 'accidentally' discharging a weapon...

I don't think OP is capable of accepting responsibility for any of his inappropriate actions, only his achievements. That is not standing him in good stead at all. By not accepting responsibility for the less serious indiscretions, (relationship problems, and the previous shootings) he has no credibility when it comes to his version of events that he is charged with.
I think OP taking the stand to give his version was a bad idea as it is doing way more harm than helping his defence. And the cross has only just begun.

I don't think OP is capable of accepting responsibility for any of his inappropriate actions, only his achievements. That is not standing him in good stead at all. By not accepting responsibility for the less serious indiscretions, (relationship problems, and the previous shootings) he has no credibility when it comes to his version of events that he is charged with.
I think OP taking the stand to give his version was a bad idea as it is doing way more harm than helping his defence. And the cross has only just begun.

Oscar kind of dug himself into taking the stand in his defence at any trial in his bail aff.. he was full of it at the time. god knows why he did that. I intend to take the stand, he says..

dunno why Oscar just didn't plead guilty on these ammo and gun charges. just do not understand it at all.

He would be in a far better position right now if he had pleaded guilty on the gun charges from the start, he is a proven liar now IMO.

I agree this is the tact Nel is using. Also that maybe even Reeva was getting to a point where she realised she was in a bad relationship and maybe wanted out. That could have set him off in a rage ending in her fleeing to the toilet with her phone and locking herself in. Maybe she intended to use it to call for help but didn't get the opportunity. Nel will likely put this scenario to him at some point.

Confirmation that her phone was indeed with her in the toilet at 2 am :doh: also. I would assume that there was no call out or texting out or we would have heard such in the trial.

It does make me wonder if there was an incoming text that she perhaps wanted to privately read without Oscar seeing it? I'm trying to think of reasons she would have the phone in the toilet other than the one you mentioned. Any other thoughts?

Don't think there's much more to say here than....oh dear!

Oscar can't accept he pulls any triggers, he's just one lonely bullet in a echoing chamber of guilt.

"I didn't have time to think..."

UUGGGHHHHH...bad move on OP"s part to use that same excuse again for 'accidentally' discharging a weapon...

Yes, that made me gulp, exact same words he used before the shooting toilet door debacle yesterday

Confirmation that her phone was indeed with her in the toilet at 2 am :doh: also. I would assume that there was no call out or texting out or we would have heard such in the trial.

It does make me wonder if there was an incoming text that she perhaps wanted to privately read without Oscar seeing it? I'm trying to think of reasons she would have the phone in the toilet other than the one you mentioned. Any other thoughts?

She could have just been brining it to the toilet with her to read her fb newsfeed and twitter updates, and such, while she peed. I do this, too.

I'm doubting my own senses here. Perhaps it's time for tea.

Oscar seems to live in a parallel universe. where guns go off without a finger on the trigger..

the thing is. the gun he shot Reeva with, he seems to have laid it carefully on the floor STILL loaded with 2 rounds, safety off and ready to fire.. !!

this man is not a gun lover, he is a gun idiot.

I found that all a bit surreal. I would have understood better if OP had denied ever touching the gun, but it seems to me (admitting I know nothing about it) that a manufacturer of guns that go off by themselves without warning, wouldn't stay in business long?

I can't feel the manufacturer of whatever gun that was will be best pleased by this bit of testimony? Can a person be sued for something said in court in SA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScoopyC