Trial Discussion Thread #22 - 14.04.10, Day 20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O: ...he threw it on the chair, made a comment, 'Do you know what I could do with that firearm?' then he walked away, lit a cigarette.

N asks about unpleasantness between O and first cop, and O says that's correct. Says cop was unprofessional, aggressiven: 'He said it in a violent manner'.

Nel coolly slips in, 'You thought he was threatening to kill you!'

OP spends so much time back pedaling, it's no wonder he can't keep track of what he says.

He can't remember important details (his gun being one up), but he remembers that the police officer lit a cigarette.

Oh - and he has the audacity to accuse a police officer of "being unprofessional".

What about OP's negligent behavior regarding his own gun?

Who knows, maybe OP's definition of parties is a lot of wilder than that?!

Yes, I'm sure ..

.. point being that he wouldn't directly answer the question about why he would feel the need to take a gun to a party, get together, whatever ..

Nel painting a picture of a paranoid man here....and an armed one, at that.

O says he doesn't remember going to 'his'?? house. Nel says 'If I can produce a photo of you with his daughter, would you accept that?'

O concedes it's possible.

That's pretty bad if I got it right.

While cops are still there, OP put the bullet and magazine back in gun and placed it on himself.
Cop was trying to protect himself according to SOP.

Oscar does not listen or obey cops apparently.

Nel painting a picture of a paranoid man here....and an armed one, at that.

I'd say he's exposing a man with a temper, who won't hesitate to go so far as to lose his cool with a police officer.

O says they didn't go to a residential place in Montesomething?

N: So you're willing to criticize her, but you don't remember? (Talking about Sam)

Oooh, Judge kinda rebuked Nel for calling Sam Sam. "Who is Sam?' and Nel had to say sorry, Ms Taylor.

now. the day at Tashas.. you had your gun with you, your own gun..

yes.

Nel. you carry it with you everywhere..

yes. .

Nel now. when you left the Vaal river, where was the gun??

this is the sunroof firing, sorry again.

nel. when the cops stopped you, you left your gun on the seat and got out of the door?

Oscar. I shouldn't have left it in the car, the cops were agitated..

Nels. when the cop found your firearm, what did you do??

Oscar. he shouted out.. whos firearm is this. I shouted out, its mine I have my licence.

nel. that cop had the right to take that unattended gun off the car seat.. .. didn t he.

Oscar. I dunno. I think he is supposed to find out whos gun It is..

Nel. he is in his rights to apprehend that unattended gun lying on the front seat. .

Oscar. I don't know.

Nel. that gun, is one up, from your time at the gettogether at the Vaal.

Oscar.. I am not disputing it. .. it must have been one up at the water.

Nel. yousaid, the cop dropped the magazine he then pulled the slide back and a round fell out. the only inference is, that it was one up.

Oscar. correct..

Nel. now for the police man to be able to do that. you must have disengaged the safety..

Oscar. hmm. he was handling my gun. I asked him to give my gun back. he told me what he could do with this gun. he lit a cigarette..

this cop called his fellow officer.

Nel. there was some unpleasant nes with this cop??

Oscar. he should have dealth wth it in a more professional manner. his comments. his aggression.

Nel. why? he could investigate it. he can take an unattended gun.

Oscar. he was aggressive.. he was violent. he said it in a violent manner . I was agitated..

Nel. why ? he is within his rights to secure an unattended gun.

Oscar. he didn't do it in a professional manner.. he may have damaged the car by dropping the magazine. ..

Nel. so. you take off, you are still agitated.. you sit next to Mr Fresco.

Oscar. I waited for them to finishwith Mr Fresco.

Nel. now. you know Mr Bear. you went to his house that day ??

Oscar. I cant remember.

Nel . did you take a photo of his daughter?

Oscar. Itook a photo of his wife.

Nel so. you did take a photo.

Oscar. I don't remember it being October or November..Didn't get it.

Oscar.. I don't remember going to his house........

Nel. * baffled * .

Nel. what other time did you and Darrin and Samantha did you go to any other place near the Vaal ??

Oscar. I don't recall, I don't remember..

nel.. you were willing to criticize her for not knowing.. but YOU don't know?? so if same was there, we cannot criticize her for not knowing .. when you don't know??

Oscar. you have to take in context.. I don't believe she was there at all..

Nel. she didn't know mr Bear??

Nel. How would she KNOW you actually met Mr Bear, than?? you said you met someone to sign gunpapers...

Oscar. there was another occasion. she was with me and Darrin to sign papers re a gun.

Nel. so she lied??

Oscar. yes. she did. I cant remember anyone with me.. I think I was in October.. in a residential area..

OP spends so much time back pedaling, it's no wonder he can't keep track of what he says.

He can't remember important details (his gun being one up), but he remembers that the police officer lit a cigarette.

Oh - and he has the audacity to accuse a police officer of "being unprofessional".

What about OP's negligent behavior regarding his own gun?

.. just like when he accused Dr Stipp of not knowing what he was doing (with regard to Reeva and her injuries)

Nel is trying to undo any damage done to Sam here, pointing out OP who was driving, also didn't know where he was. 'I would have just set my satnav'.

I understood it was illegal (in SA) because he doesn't own the firearm for it.

The ammo itself is not illegal, the charge is for holding ammo without a license. Whether this is illegal or not is what will be contested. The law is not black and white in this respect, and that's exactly why it was recommended by the DT that he plead not-guilty.

Still a father at the end of the day. I think it is more telling he didn't want to make a statement supporting OP's events.

Would it have left his father open to potential charges?

Do we think Nel is going to wrap up today?

He hasn't asked him about the morning of the shooting yet so think there'll be quite a bit of cross about why he phoned Stander and who made the phone calls so I think that will take a while. OP's actually sounding tired to me just now so suspect his team may want an adjournment.

I'm now taking Paracetamol for headaches on a daily basis, during this trial's cross examination of defendant period :O

O: I don't remember any accompanyiing me to see Mr V.

O now explaining Sam and Darren's testimony doesn't really add up, and he can't remember.

Nel says he's talking like counsel.

Nel maintains all three went to Mr V's to sign gun papers.

O: I don't want to argue with Mr Nel, Milady.

N: I'm so glad.

OP claiming he didn't shoot through the sunroof.

Says ST & DF fabricated it.

Gee, who will I believe? Hmmmm... I think I'll believe ST & DF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member