Trial Discussion Thread #23 - 14.04.11, Day 21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree obviously.
Interesting that when Roux picked on witnesses' every precise word, his supporters were OK with that.
So we will have to agree to disagree.

Lol, it's not the same. He says he heard a noise that he thought was an intruder coming out of the toilet. How is that in any way inconsistent with what he said today??

Semantics aside, Nel is wrong when he says he never said anything about someone coming out of the door. That is obviously something he has said before.

Hello everyone....I missed this mornings session and am looking forward to reading this thread.....I am now coming to you live from a Charleston, sc rooftop!woot

I think the disbelief is that, by his own account, Oscar was screaming and shouting. If he was screaming and shouting why wouldn't she say anything at all?

Especially when his alleged screaming words were meant for a threatening burglar "Get out of my house now" or such.

If OP really had said that, Reeva would immediately have known that if she did not reply quickly, she would be in some kind of big trouble.

I was following here, not listening. Did OP use the words "door opening"? Sounds like he's saying he anticipated it might open, but there was no door knob turning, lock unclicking, but just his perception based on "a noise in the toilet"?

coffees.jpg
link
coffee-cake-muffins-on-plate-celiac-in-the-city.jpg
link

Continue discussion here...

Can we get a refill ?

I was following here, not listening. Did OP use the words "door opening"? Sounds like he's saying he anticipated it might open, but there was no door knob turning, lock unclicking, but just his perception?

He said he heard a sound like wood moving and he thought someone was opening the door.

I agree with the above, he never said the door was opening, he THOUGHT is was about to open after hearing the noise.

Either the door is opening or it's not. He thought is a like being a little bit pregnant. To avoid accidents a gun owners should identify what they are shooting. I/E intruder or relative, friend or foe, child or adult, threat or no threat.

Hello everyone....I missed this mornings session and am looking forward to reading this thread.....I am now coming to you live from a Charleston, sc rooftop!woot

Tired in Michigan! Its 8:45 am, been up since about 3:00 am

Off to work at 11:00 am

:coffeews:

From Oscar radio "The band is still playing, but the Titanic has hit the iceberg " lol

There are an awful lot of things that "don't make sense" to Nel?

I wonder if he needs to get more sleep?

I know Judge Juddy uses the test "If it doesn't make sense it's not true"

But she only has a 10 minute segment in which to decide some minor traffic or stray dog beef.

I really think Nel needs to do a bit more to prove a murder charge beyond reasonable doubt :doh:

But they don't really not make sense to Nel! .. this is his way of cross examining!

I was following here, not listening. Did OP use the words "door opening"? Sounds like he's saying he anticipated it might open, but there was no door knob turning, lock unclicking, but just his perception based on "a noise in the toilet"?

As my post above noted: He said: "I heard the door opening"

He then changed it to he "perceived" that he heard the door opening.

What has struck me throughout this case is OP's deep seated sense of paranoia and insecurity.

I think this is the reason he has been so involved in the case so much and why he is trying to to defend Nel's questions rather than give direct answers.

A normal person would keep answers simple, and let the lawyers do the defending.
I think he truly believes that the PT have gone out of their way to exaggerate the claim of him knowingly intending to kill Reeva, and he doesn't want it to be left totally at the mercy of his lawyers.

I can't say this approach is beneficial, but I really would like to see Nel start to provide some solid foundation to justify the PT's beliefs.

Hi there

Once again there is a split decision,not sure anyone has changed their original views.

I have just been on another website and was interested to read that several people who were fence sitters or even staunchly defending OP and sticking to the "innocent until proven guilty" line have thrown in the towel after this morning's testimony and now believe that he is guilty of deliberately killing Reeva. The reason cited was his truly appalling and unbelievable testimony.

I don't think Nel needs the part about RS talking to him. Because OP's version has him 3 m away screaming at her. Surely knowing his voice, if he did that, she would tell him "It's only me Oscar [or Boo or Baba], relax."

Not if she thought he was shouting out the bathroom at "intruders". For all Reeva knew, OP ran towards the bathroom screaming about intruders who she may have perceived to have been in the bedroom, TV lounge etc, not realizing that OP has mistaken HER for the intruder.

I forgot - just wanted to thank our mods for opening and moderating our busy trial threads so early/late for us everyday.. And for the nice brekky pics too.

THANKS!

From Oscar radio "The band is still playing, but the Titanic has hit the iceberg " lol

That's some analogy!

Of course you realize that some people were saved.

And I have always thought, for certain reasons, he will get only a minimal sentence regardless of what transpires on the iceberg--I mean in Court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
youngluteplayer