Trial Discussion Thread #23 - 14.04.11, Day 21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
N: In Silverwoods, you were never a victim of crime?

O: That's correct Milady....except for the police stealing my watches, that's the only crime I've had at my house...

OP never reported break in at previous house where he had some items stolen, or the incident with his dog being kicked, to the police therefore it can't be verified it actually happened. How many people never bother reporting a break in/burglarly?

I'm suppose to paint out my studio today. Wonder how much of that is going to get done now that we're almost back in court? hehe

Anyway, too late to come up with saying OP is unfit to be on the stand? He was all over the place from the parts I was able to see/hear yesterday.

I STILL believe he accidentally shot and killed RS. But as far as his credibility is going (the little bit left, if any) I think he has come to a point in his mind where it doesn't matter what he says anymore. Just want to end it all. (Easy way out for him emotionally.)

BBM

Respectfully, I very highly doubt this. He is paying a fortune for this defense. He has vigorously denied every single thing that has been put to him. He is fighting this tooth and nail. The sad voice is an act. I'm not saying he doesn't have emotions, I believe he does. But he is trying to get out of this with every fiber of his being otherwise he'd just plead guilty and be done with it.

Nel's asked O to explain all the increased security Silverwds put in place. And N brings up that OP always left his car outside, not in garage, because he felt it was safe.

N: You felt safe enough to let a broken window downstairs?

O says burglars couldn't open latch from outside and he was 'in the process' of getting it fixed.

I agree, wow. That was very honest of her.

In light of this I really wish OP would do the right thing and be totally honest .
If he were my son I would like to think I would encourage him to be truthful and face up to what he has done. it would clearly have been in his best interest and it is of course all that Reeva's family seek now .

I think June just wants the truth. Her honesty may/may not humble and affect Oscar's responses.

N: In Silverwoods, you were never a victim of crime?

O: That's correct Milady....except for the police stealing my watches, that's the only crime I've had at my house...

Oh no . He just doesn't know when to stop playing the victim .
I thought all the police were searched .

Contractors had been working on the house about a week, O usually asked contractors to put ladder away, but that night he 'didn't check it'. He doesn't know why.

O: I wasn't up to date with what security measure had been increased on estate...improvements had constantly been rectified (in answer to N's question about why he never kept up with estate security improvements)

N: Can you just explain your alarm system?

O: Internal/external sensors, battery pack, remote...you can activate the alarm outside so someone can still walk inside....

He can't say police stole his watches as fact. He didn't see them.

Contractors had been working on the house about a week, O usually asked contractors to put ladder away, but that night he 'didn't check it'. He doesn't know why.

O: I wasn't up to date with what security measure had been increased on estate...improvements had constantly been rectified (in answer to N's question about why he never kept up with estate security improvements)

Wow if he didn't check it why assume they were outside ?
They had been put away other nights !!

Very interested to hear his reason for not pushing the alarm in his bedroom.

I asked this on another thread, but could not find a response:

Who is the "m'lady" referred to? Is it the Court, Judge or country?

O: ...it's possible for someone to take a sensor off the wall, not bolted on...'they' took some beacons off - I didn't know what work they's done on my house...if they'd taken beacons off the walls

N asks him to confirm if this was in 2010, when sensors taken off wall by painters, and OP skirting round, saying it could be 2009. Nel pursuing

Oh no . He just doesn't know when to stop playing the victim .
I thought all the police were searched .

Good point.
And people should think on who besides police were there, and NOT searched...

BBM

Respectfully, I very highly doubt this. He is paying a fortune for this defense. He has vigorously denied every single thing that has been put to him. He is fighting this tooth and nail. The sad voice is an act. I'm not saying he doesn't have emotions, I believe he does. But he is trying to get out of this with every fiber of his being otherwise he'd just plead guilty and be done with it.
I agree. Lots of legal eagles have said he'd have a hard time disproving culpable homicide at the least because of the content of his bail affidavit. If this were about Reeva, her family, or even just wanting it over he could have plead guilty to CH and thrown himself at the mercy of the court. He may have walked away with no prison time too.

JMO

Very interested to hear his reason for not pushing the alarm in his bedroom.

I'm interested to know if he actually HAS panic alarm push buttons in his home (direct link to estate security) .

Kinda Bat Signal stylee . . .

Good point.
And people should think on who besides police were there, and NOT searched...

My thoughts exactly .
I have often wondered if one of the watches was damaged and that is why it disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goldengoose1997