Trial Discussion Thread #23 - 14.04.11, Day 21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the balcony doors are triggered by the beacons?

The description of the alarm system includes a beacon on the stairs outside of his bedroom. It seems that if Reeva did go downstairs for a snack that the alarm would have gone off if she crossed that beacon.

I wonder why OP didn't say this when he said, "I don't think Reeva went down for a snack." He would know because of the internal alarm system.

Tired? I think more drained, wiped . . . .

I would be too if I am trying to managing the different stories in your head so that it all fits with all the 3rd party evidence and articles he had read the past year...

I thought the judge insisting he answered was interesting as she seemed to indicate her awareness of his fondness for evasive ones.
It's to protect the case on appeal. Oscar can't state he wasn't given every opportunity to assist his own defence, denied constitutional rights, etc, should he be convicted.

OP explains how he was tailed by a black merc. He took the Botha turn off and parked where there were a lot of pple to get away.

N: Were there other cars on hwy...was there any road rage before that?

O: I don't understand the question.

N: And you did nothing? There was no altercation?

O: No

O has just gone from 'there were no other vehicles on the road' to 'there must have been vehicles on the road'.

O: I don't remember other cars because of the wieght of the situation.

N: You saw a muzzle flash, not a camera flash?

O: I heard a banging noise....

Incident with sam taylor black bmw
Shot at on highway black bmw.

Edit sorry 2nd incident mercesdes my bad

The description of the alarm system includes a beacon on the stairs outside of his bedroom. It seems that if Reeva did go downstairs for a snack that the alarm would have gone off if she crossed that beacon.

I wonder why OP didn't say this when he said, "I don't think Reeva went down for a snack." He would know because of the internal alarm system.

...if it was indeed 'on' in the first place. Oscar does not have any recollection of disarming the system that night, he only assumes he did as the alarm didn't sound when he went down the stairs to open the door.

Nel is spent a long time about alarms, especially inside alarm system.
“I didn’t think about the alarms”, but yet he saying he did turn of the alarms when he went to open the door downstairs. Then he corrects himself that he “must” have turned it off because though he doesn’t have an “independent recollection of it.” A phrase he says repeatedly like he’s been coached on this term.

The alarm is important because Pistorius spent a long time quite elaborately talking about it with Roux but now somehow he cant perfectly remember when he turned it off…though he said he did.

The remonstration from Judge Masipa is interesting. She said: “You cannot be making these mistakes” and “if you’re too tired…it’s not fair on you, and it’s not fair on the court.”

O just corrected a small mistake by Nel and Nel wanted that put on record that OP's not too tired to keep up with his (Nel's) mistakes.

Unless she knew how to disarm it. I'm sure she did if she stayed regularly

He confused a camera flash with gunfire? This guy is in the media all the time, photographed by dozens of photographers?

It's to protect the case on appeal. Oscar can't state he wasn't given every opportunity to assist his own defence, denied constitutional rights, etc, should he be convicted.

Good point re Appeals, I've written, if found guilty,this will go on for half a decade or so...

nel.. if you left thru that door, does it activate the alarm..

judge. which door..

nel. the bedroom door.

Oscar yu activate you don't de activate.. .

nel. no no. see. what would happen if I go out the bedroom door.

Oscar. the 3 bed rooms up stairs and the tv lounge.. if you come out of my bedroom it doesn't activate.. as soon as you pass the keypad, that's where it picks up.

Nel. the open balcony door.. this didn't bother me.

Oscar. I was awake. it didn't bother me.

Nel.. we'll go back there.. I want to talk about the incident on the highway.

Oscar.. I was coming back from an interview. a black Mercedes slowed down, a couple of seconds I saw a muzzle flash. I stood on the brakes.. Imoved over out of the fast lane.. I was about 150 metres from the Botha turnoff.. on to the john foster highway..

Nel. and you did nothing. there was no road rage?? there was no altercation between you and the Merc?? its a busy stretch of road..

Oscar its the busiest highway in the Southern hemisphere. there may have been other cars..

Nel. and did you speak to these people??

Oscar.. I don't remember other cars but there were obviously other cars about 100 meters aheard...

Nel. and you saw the muzzle flash. and a banging noise..

Oscar... I didn't hear the muzzle I heard it. I ....

Nel. yu say it was not a camera flash..

Oscar Ive answered this question..
Nel. just answer it again.

Oscar.. I knew it wasn't a camera flash. .it was red and white..

Nel. lets get this clear.. this was out of the blue, no idea why they would fire??

Oscar. . I have no idea.. Iwasalone. . Ididnt immediately phone someone.. I climbed up the turnoff, when I got to the raphsodies I phoned someone. it was in 2008 2009

O: I have no idea why this would happen.

N: You had a cell? You phoned someone?

O: Not immediately...he follows this with long explanation of the chase.

N: When was this?

O: 2008/9

"You're not so tired that you're keeping up when I'm making mistakes?" Bloody hell, Nel. :)

Now talking about going onto Rhapsody's and calling someone to pick him up. When N asks who picked him up, O says 'I don't remember'.

Nel says that is unacceptable.

It's not helping the mental image I have of her being trapped with no escape route. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmpathicWitch