Trial Discussion Thread #23 - 14.04.11, Day 21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing I'm surprised he didn't do is push the security system's panic button.

They come real fast when you push that [which I've done by mistake making my bed]. :)

She still would have needed to get her phone which was on the right side of the bed (right next to Oscar).

If it was "pitch dark" how did she see the phone. I still think there was plenty of light in that bedroom.

If it was "pitch dark" how did she see the phone. I still think there was plenty of light in that bedroom.

There was still some light from the balcony light until he closed the shades.

Once he closed the shades it was pitch black.

We were wondering last night why they didn't just turn on a light since they were both up.

The LED light for one, even in OP's "version", as he dropped the jeans he intended to cover it with.

To me his most dramatic failure today was :

Nel: Did you hear Reeva scream? (shooting)

Oscar: No.

His ears were ringing from shots he said. So his answer SHOULD have been "I don't know, I couldn't hear anything"

By answering "no" he's either too keen to prove his innocence or he forgot his fib.

Massive pause after Nel asks did Reeva scream after 1st shot to the hip?

Thought he was gonna confess and say yes.

Stop and think.

Reeva was just in the bedroom with Oscar

She knows the bedroom door is locked and extra secured with the cricket bat

She saw Oscar playing with the fans when she got up

She KNOWS there is no intruder in the bedroom

She goes is in the bathroom and KNOWS there is no intruder in the bathroom

If Oscar starts screaming 5 seconds later that there's an intruder...

Where the flipping h#ll did the intruder come from?? Was he hiding in their curtains for hours waiting for this one exact precise moment.

She did NOT think there was an intruder and kept silent while Oscar was screaming at her 3 meters away. IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE!!!!

Stop and think.

Reminds me of the famous speech from 'The Practice'

"There are heroes in this world. They’re called district attorneys. They don’t get to have clients – people who smile at them at the end of the trial; who look them in the eye and say thank you. Nobody’s there to appreciate the district attorney because we work for the state. And our gratitude comes only from knowing there’s a tide out there. A tide the size of a tsunami coming out of a bottomless cesspool. A tide called crime which if left unchecked will rob every American of his freedom. A tide which strips individuals of the privilege of being able to walk down a dark street or to take $20 out of an ATM machine without fear of being mugged. All Congress does is talk. It’s the district attorney who grabs his sword, who digs into the trenches and fights the fight; who dogs justice day after day after day without thanks; without so much as a simple pat on the back. But we do it. We do it. We do it because we are the crusaders. The last frontier of American justice. Knowing that if a man cannot feel safe, he can never, never, feel free."

Thanks.
Who said that and which episode?

He completely proved his BS about the pitch dark state too.

HE testified the LED light gives off light enough so that he had to cover it

Nel also caught him saying he could see the passageway

Oscar, of course, immediately back-peddled

These are not "script errors" they are lies. Let's be genuine here.

The ENTIRE impetuous about WHY Oscar didn't see Reeva get up has been destroyed.

Oscar was NEVER outside of that room

It was never pitch black

He KNEW Reeva was awake. She cared enough to ask him "Baba can't you sleep" but didn't care enough to say "Baba why are you getting your gun and why exactly should I call the police"

Stop and think... Please.

I couldn't get straight today - Nel asked and asked about the home security. OP gave a lot of info, especially about what builders did to the sensors before in 2010, when he had to get them tested, and what builders MIGHT have done to them that week. But did he say there was any part of the alarm he knew wasn't working that night?

All I can work out is he said he set it, and then deactivated it out of habit when he left the bedroom. Maybe I missed something.

Also, he said he didn't run out of the bedroom door as he was afraid he'd slip on tiles. Are there tiles outside the bedroom door?

That makes no sense...there were tiles in the bathroom...OP on top of everything else is not very bright. He keeps giving Nel more to work with.

We were wondering last night why they didn't just turn on a light since they were both up.

Of course if they were both awake they'd turn on a flipping light!

But some people obviously believe it makes much more sense that she mysteriously slipped out of the other side of the bed, tippy toed to the bathroom, WITH HER CELL PHONE, locked the door in the dark and just stood there

I'm not sure of OP's full intentions regarding the making of notes.

I think some of that is to do with simply having something to do while sitting in court instead of just sitting there .. and perhaps he may think that if he sits there writing, he may be less likely to give away certain body language indicators .. he probably thinks the crying and the throwing up type body language goes in his favour but it doesn't, necessarily .. that's not the kind of body language an expert would be looking out for.

Lisa, how are you making out with the latest blog entry? :please: I might be a wee bit addicted to reading it...

Molly, not sure if your heard yesterday, but OP said after he closed curtains he saw the jeans on the floor and pick them up to cover LED light. Then of course he contradicted himself and said it was pitch black. So many versions hard to keep up with all of them!:jail::jail::jail:

I didn't get the alarm conversation either.

OP didn't seem to say too much about it and his explanations were quite vague.
I was a bit surprised that they hadn't obtained more info. about the alarm. When Nel said 'I haven't seen your alarm' or words to that effect, I thought it was going to all get a bit muddy.
The PT would have probably made more progress if they'd inspected the alarm system more thoroughly before that line of questioning IMO.

It ended up with two guys both not really understanding what each other was talking about. :confused:

It sounded to me as if Nel was deliberately trying to confuse him and get him rattled .. and it was working a bit because OP was distinctly getting annoyed and frustrated at that particular part, but he stopped just short of really snapping back at Nel .. he is really having to control that temper at times, but I bet Nel wants him to snap. I'm pretty sure that Nel knows exactly how the alarm system works, and about the two separate occasions of having the house painting, etc.

I think some people are refusing to admit that OP is lying about what happened that night, simply because the PT hasn't got him to admit it outright. These people seem to be looking for a smoking gun or a confession before they will admit that OP's "version" is not truth by a long shot. The thing is, Nel has caught OP out in lie after lie - in his varying "versions" of that night and all these little lies very clearly paint a picture to me of an OP who is spinning a story that did not happen. There are some little bits of truth in there, but many lies.

Lisa, how are you making out with the latest blog entry? :please: I might be a wee bit addicted to reading it...

I'm definitely behind and sleep deprived :)

The next two days are busy for me so it might be Sunday, sorry :(

But I'm glad you like it!

Listening on to trial........on alarm system.

This is what I think. Reeva was up eating later than OP said....maybe arguing for a while. The alarm system was never turned on that night because they never went to sleep. Maybe getting ready to go to bed...and the argument escalated....fans were never turned on, second fan was never even plugged in...

I think some people are refusing to admit that OP is lying about what happened that night, simply because the PT hasn't got him to admit it outright. These people seem to be looking for a smoking gun or a confession before they will admit that OP's "version" is not truth by a long shot. The thing is, Nel has caught OP out in lie after lie - in his varying "versions" of that night and all these little lies very clearly paint a picture to me of an OP who is spinning a story that did not happen. There are some little bits of truth in there, but many lies.

And when somebody is so clearly shown to be a liar, it is an absolute good possibility that he tailored his story TO the other evidence!

IIRC In yesterday's testimony Nel had OP confirm that the bedroom lamp was found turned on and the outside patio light was also on, using the photographic evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
verydemureverycute