Trial Discussion Thread #25 - 14.04.14, Day 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that Nel would make a big deal out of what happened afterwards too but have realised Nel isn't really interested in that, he's only interested in what OP's intent was. The magazine rack stuff from Nel was perfectly plausible IMO and has now made me think he did indeed kill Reeva intentionally. No idea what the motive could have been but it doesn't strike me that it takes a lot to get him mad.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think there is anything wrong with his cross.

But the judge just called them to chambers.

Hard to see any other reason why.

.. apologies, asanque .. I wasn't actually taking you to task on it, I was just following on from your quote! :)

I do hope that Roux and the Judge follow up on Nel taunting and demanding that OP never mentioned toilet door slamming earlier today. Because OP most certainly DID. Nel was WRONG. I wish OP had accepted the CHALLENGE that Nel offered.. to check today's record.

A LOT of what Nel claims as confusing (Does not make sense) actually does make sense. It is only Nel for whom it does not make sense.

I am disappointed that it seems to be the norm for defense counsel to just let badgering and false accusations go without objection.

Observing OP's horrendous performance on the stand most of his die hard witnesses willing to testify in his defense must have gone into hiding, or have taken the first flight out of South Africa.

I don't think it looks good that OP has said again and again that he didn't have time to think, but has just mentioned he didn't fire a warning shot into the shower because he thought it would ricochet.

I thought the shower had a glass door a person could see through?

re: shower... it was dark, maybe [according to op].

re: ricochet and self preservation. yes, he considered that. but apparently didn't consider the effects of multiple ricochets inside the small toilet cubicle.

I thought that Nel would make a big deal out of what happened afterwards too but have realised Nel isn't really interested in that, he's only interested in what OP's intent was. The magazine rack stuff from Nel was perfectly plausible IMO and has now made me think he did indeed kill Reeva intentionally. No idea what the motive could have been but it doesn't strike me that it takes a lot to get him mad.

With the way OP has been able to lie his way all the way through this trial, I'm actually finding myself thinking there is something even more sinister that has gone on here ..

Then he's done his job well. Remember in order to prove murder BARD he has to prove intent.

Please pardon errors as posted via Tapatalk with a less than stellar user.

For Oscar having no time to think, I'm astounded by how many thoughts went through his mind while he wasn't thinking.

Please pardon errors as posted via Tapatalk with a less than stellar user.

I've found that to be one of the most puzzling bits about his testimony. He's rehearsed it lord knows how many times with his DT and nobody has pointed out to him that if he says "I had no time to think" then he should continue with that line until Nel dropped it. If he really didn't have time to think then there's no other response needed than that but he ends up adding various bits in to fit in with what he's heard already.

This is torture. I am teetering on the edge of the fence here.

IMO they were arguing, Reeva wasn't agreeing/doing as he said and tried to get away by going into the toilet. oscar with his very hot temper and ego was not going to have someone not listen and walk away from HIM, so he shot her in a rage. That's what I think happened.

Don't know if it's OP's voice, Nel's voice or what's seem to be so much repetition but I am ready to move on as quickly as possible with OP's version and get to seeing what else the defense council has.

Also personality surprised that OP seems to have so many answers instead of more "I don't knows" To me if OP really thought he was in danger that night he wouldn't be able to remember so many details.

Yeah, I think he was just mistaken.

He can't proffer to the Court anything he knows is untrue, that is why he had to correct himself and advise the Court upon realizing he was wrong.

OP had made the door slamming comment in almost an undertone when Nell was quizzing him about what he heard and said as he was entering the passage iirc. It's quite possible Nell missed it, they were both talking at the same time for awhile there 'cause OP likes to do his explaining whenever he feels out of his depth.

Nel is now onto a woman neighbor hearing a woman talking around 2am that night, and N suggests that was R up and eating.

O denies that possible.

O: I don't think me being awake has anything to do with Reeva's stomach contents.

N tells O being argumentative 'is not good for your credibility'.

Hi Guys, sorry not been able to join in much......

Just thinking about it, I get the inference that Reeva having eaten later means they weren't sleeping but it also doesn't back-up the state's theory that there was bad feeling or arguing does it? Not sure why it is so important, am I missing something?

I've found that to be one of the most puzzling bits about his testimony. He's rehearsed it lord knows how many times with his DT and nobody has pointed out to him that if he says "I had no time to think" then he should continue with that line until Nel dropped it. If he really didn't have time to think then there's no other response needed than that but he ends up adding various bits in to fit in with what he's heard already.

'i had no time to think' another truism from op... the problem for oscar is that he just doesn't think first.

Oscar has a huge credibility problem. If someone took him to a window and said it's a nice bright sunshine out there, he'd say it's not the sun, it's the moon.

Someone should tell him to stop chewing like a cow he is in an courtroom not a movie theatre, decorum has to be maintained by all present. His body language is not going to sway the judge and her assessors one way or the other.

This is Mark Batchelor.
In Oscar-world he is called the phantom.
He somehow is alleged to be the one who snuck up on Oscar and assaulted him.
This later resulted in a call to another phantom to bring Oscar home and get a phantom car to drop off another phantom to drive his car home.

Observing OP's horrendous performance on the stand most of his die hard witnesses willing to testify in his defense must have gone into hiding, or have taken the first flight out of South Africa.

You make an interesting point. Taking aside the paid professionals (defence council mercenaries) who will likely spout their carefully worded wisdom as intended... Following OP's horrendous testimony which reveals his story to be improbable at best and entirely fictional at worst - then would any normal reasonable people still be willing to attach themselves in support of that story and on the side of such a creaking defence?
Family - certainly, friends- probably but any DT neighbours/witnesses? - I'm not so sure at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo