Trial Discussion Thread #25 - 14.04.14, Day 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nel continues about OP's ears ringing and calling Reeva to call police: Is that still your version?

O agrees it is.

After, OP now agrees he kept his eye on the ladder and the door. 'I made my way slowly back to the bed, shouting out for Reeva....I was scared someone coming out of the bathroom still...then I got to the bed, realized R wasn't there and um-if you look at the bed on the right side - I put my hand out to feel...

Went back to the bathroom (breaking down crying) I got to the door, put my shoulder against the small wall between the shower and door, tried to rip open the door, but couldn't....

Op said he ran his hand by the curtains, in bedroom, checking Reeva not there. He also said he checked the bed for her, in answer to Nel's question: "but I don't remember if the duvet was on the bed".

Why wouldn't you turn on the light to see if Reeva was there in the bedroom??

O: I know she wasn't on the bed - I moved across the bed - I was hoping she was on the floor.

Nel pounces: 'You could SEE on the floor?

OP says no, he felt along the floor.

Op said he ran his hand by the curtains, in bedroom, checking Reeva not there. He also said he checked the bed for her, in answer to Nel's question: "but I don't remember if the duvet was on the bed".

Interesting what Nel pointed out that before he went down the passage he saw her legs were under the duvet, but when he goes to check where she is he doesn't remember if the duvet was on the bed when I would expect him to be lifting the duvet in desperation to see if she could be underneath.

N: It was pitch dark?

O: That's correct.

Nel wants to know why OP checked the curtains first and not floor. OP says because if Reeva was on the floor, he'd have tripped over her.

Nel moves on to hair clippers. Why they are still standing up on stand on the floor, not knocked over?

ETA: They are down on right of bed, near ipads and and fan.

During all this checking of curtains, bed, floor in the bedroom looking for RS, OP's version maintains there's still no light on in the bathroom. Both Dr. and Mrs. Stipp testified that after the first bangs they immediately looked and saw his bathroom light was on.

Why would he feel for Reeva on the bed, on the floor and behind the curtain? Why didn't he just speak to her if he expects her to be there?

Nel says fan was in the way of OP checking the curtains. OP says only a little bit and he doesn't remember it being in that position anyway.

Thank you for that Margaret.

Key points I gather are that that was a SAn lawyer, and the last thing means he opines that OP will likely be found guilty of PM charge?

His name is Llewellyn Curlewis, wish i could find his interviews on Sky as clips but I can't find them anywhere. He does a review during most court breaks, on the testimony & explains what the issues are & what it means re SA Law. He is very interesting to watch

Why would he feel for Reeva on the bed, on the floor and behind the curtain? Why didn't he just speak to her if he expects her to be there?

No mention of even thinking she'd headed out of the bedroom door.

E.T.A. I've kind of freaked myself out there!

Nel wants to know why OP didn't check Reeva went out the bedroom door.

O: It didn't even cross my mind to check the bedroom door. It would have been a very strange thing to do.

Why wouldn't you turn on the light to see if Reeva was there in the bedroom??

I can't fathom why in the world Nel hasn't asked this. It is the most obvious question.

If you're truly panicking when you can't find someone, your first instinct is to turn on the light. Good grief.

During all this checking of curtains, bed, floor in the bedroom looking for RS, OP's version maintains there's still no light on in the bathroom. Both Dr. and Mrs. Stipp testified that after the first bangs they immediately looked and saw his bathroom light was on.

With his really bad performance today about:
- his fem-screaming that no one else will verify…
- the food
- the inability to hear the key turn
- the blaming of his defence for the toilet door sound not in statements
- Stipps lying
- Improbable way he is shouting at the intruder and Reeva all the time, yet walking into danger, sorry, walking into the unthinking…

If Pistorius is a ship that’s hit an iceburg, the water’s coming in fast and it’s going down. Quick, he needs Roux.

Next step…they’ll have a random dude in the States who has made an unscientific demonstration on youtube. Because it’s a verified practice of the lawyers to tell Judge/people to look at things on youtube for court evidence - especially when it helps the accused. Or maybe they’ll redirect everyone to use the John Travolta movie ‘Blow Out’ where the Foley artist records sounds of a the real, terrified sounds of a woman’s screams.
Yeeeaaah, dying screaming’s woman on recreated video/audio is exactly what Pistorius sounded like that night…fo’sure.

That overhead of the toilet was extremely telling and graphic. Chilling. Pistorius shot to one area and hit Reeva in the hip. Then moved a whole grouping of shots by sound to where she collapsed onto the magazine rack.

IMO it would not have been at all strange to check the bedroom door to see if Reeva had run out after hearing the shots, IMO it would be the most normal thing to think if he was so convinced as he claims that he had shot at the toilet believing there was an intruder inside.

Going on the idea he shot at an intruder it shows me he was already realising he'd made a mistake and behaved recklessly when he was returning to the bedroom.

OP is now saying after he checked the bed, he started thinking it might be Reeva in the bathroom, that's why he didn't look out of the bedroom door.

N: It will be my argument, if there were shots fired in that house, the first thing you'd think - she left thru the bedroom door.

OP disagrees and starts talking about his struggle to keep his balance.

I can't fathom why in the world Nel hasn't asked this. It is the most obvious question.

If you're truly panicking when you can't find someone, your first instinct is to turn on the light. Good grief.

Right. Turn on the light!

N: Why is there that huge leap? (from intruder to, it must be Reeva)

O: I don't see it's a huge leap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member