Trial Discussion Thread #25 - 14.04.14, Day 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP doesn't remember why he kept gun with him when he ran back to bathroom: 'I think I was still hoping it wouldn't be Reeva.'

I can't fathom why in the world Nel hasn't asked this. It is the most obvious question.

If you're truly panicking when you can't find someone, your first instinct is to turn on the light. Good grief.

It would be the most logical the same as looking to see if she had gone out the bedroom door, because after shooting 4 times and hearing no sounds from the toilet he must have been sure he'd despatched whoever was in the toilet... or did he hear a woman moaning in the toilet and realise his error earlier!

OP talking about trying to rip open toilet door again, first.

Has that been mentioned before anyone?

Nel now wants to know why OP didn't check if there was a ladder outside the window. OP's voice breaking as he explains why 'I can't explain it'.

Nel is cleverly using op's own alibi logic against himself.

With his really bad performance today about:
- his fem-screaming that no one else will verify…
- the food
- the inability to hear the key turn
- the blaming of his defence for the toilet door sound not in statements
- Stipps lying
- Improbable way he is shouting at the intruder and Reeva all the time, yet walking into danger, sorry, walking into the unthinking…

If Pistorius is a ship that’s hit an iceburg, the water’s coming in fast and it’s going down. Quick, he needs Roux.

Next step…they’ll have a random dude in the States who has made an unscientific demonstration on youtube. Because it’s a verified practice of the lawyers to tell Judge/people to look at things on youtube for court evidence - especially when it helps the accused. Or maybe they’ll redirect everyone to use the John Travolta movie ‘Blow Out’ where the Foley artist records sounds of a the real, terrified sounds of a woman’s screams.
Yeeeaaah, dying screaming’s woman on recreated video/audio is exactly what Pistorius sounded like that night…fo’sure.

That overhead of the toilet was extremely telling and graphic. Chilling. Pistorius shot to one area and hit Reeva in the hip. Then moved a whole grouping of shots by sound to where she collapsed onto the magazine rack.
Yes I have always thought he aimed in a specific area because he missed the back of the wall opposite the door.All the shots were left . I thought maybe targeted her screaming but now
I am wondering if Nel is trying to establish that he heard Reeva knock the magazine rack with her foot giving her location away .

Why wouldn't you check the intruder was dead (by opening the toilet door) after the shots?

Come on Nels!

O: I then ran back to the balcony-

N: Just a moment - it must be very strange the door wouldn't open?

O: No. I thought it must be Reeeva - started panicking, realized it might be Reeva; I ran out, checked the balcony-

N: YOU SAID YOU CHECKED THE BALCONY.

O: I didn't say I checked the balcony. I made a mistake. I'm sorry.

That darn balcony is determined to be the undoing of Oscar. I wish that balcony could testify we might be able to make sense of all this crazy.

Now OP says he can't remember, I guess I must have checked the balcony.

Nel wants to know why he spontaneously volunteered he checked the balcony.

O: I didn't go out on to the balcony to check the balcony.

That darn balcony is determined to be the undoing of Oscar. I wish that balcony could testify we might be able to make sense of all this crazy.

So now it's the balcony's fault!

Judge just disagreed with Nels.

"you may think one thing but hope another thing."--Judge

OP says there was still a hope in his mind it wasn't Reeva in the bathroom.

Judge steps in and asks if Nel is saying that's a contradiction? Nel says yes.

Judge: I don't think so...hope's another thing.

first witnesses heard woman screaming for help and then man screaming for help before the shots.

Oscar places himself screaming for help after the shots.

As bad as it could be for him without a confession to premeditated murder.

Since it has been pointed out I am an idiot when it comes to this trial- I am going to ask... is there any issue(s) that are grounds for appeal that you see?

O: I ran down the passage, past my bed. I don't even remember opening the curtains. I was screaming on the balcony for help.

N: With your gun still cocked, in your hand?

O: Yes.

Now into a debate over if OP had to open the curtains or not to get on the balcony. They settle on the word 'part' the curtains.

Nel must be reading my mind.

OP claims he was doing all these things: climbing over the bed, checking the floor beside the bed, checking behind the curtains, trying to rip the toilet door open, opening the balcony door - while carrying a cocked gun. All while on his stumps which he claims he's unsteady on.

Nonsensical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members