Trial Discussion Thread #25 - 14.04.14, Day 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, how is he supposed to remember how he held his hand a year ago?

And, why would we ask him to do something we couldn't do ourselves?

I can't remember what I did last week, never mind whether I shouted out something before or after an action I took.

I can still picture some traumatic events that I lived through over 30 years ago... heck, I can still remember the smell and the feel, let alone picture it.:/ The only part of one of them that I can't was when I was unconscious...

I think the point is that if it happened he should be able to remember because he claims it was so traumatic, however, if he's "moved on" with his life to the point that it means no more than when he stopped and shot that dog in front of its owner and drove away, then yea he probably can't. Day to day stuff you may not remember because it's "normal", like how often you yelled at your kids for not flushing the toilet or tracking mud through the house... but anything out of the ordinary will usually stick in your mind. :twocents:

Lol i think it's time for bed, I'm rambling. ttyal. :)

His version makes no sense.He put his legs on and then picked up the cocked gun.Running around all over the place with it.

OP claims he ran and shouldered the door with a cocked gun in his hand????

ETA Isn't that the stuff of Hawaii 5-0 ?!

Why was he even thinking about putting socks on? Interesting that he now refers to the photo of the gun yet all of the photographic evidence has apparently been tampered with.

Are the socks necessary for the prosthetic 's ,cushioning and fit maybe ?

Pretty good article in the New Yorker...
That is the testimony of Oscar Pistorius, who is on trial for murdering his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp. In a remarkable few days of cross-examination, Pistorius, an Olympian and a Paralympic sprinter, has, according to press accounts, placed the blame for his legal predicament on the police, his friends, his father, an ex-girlfriend, his own lawyers, and Steenkamp herself, who was behind the door when he shot.

This point is one of several, during three days of testimony so far, in which one wonders why Pistorius doesn’t take at least a degree of responsibility—saying, for example, that he pulled the trigger thinking the gun was empty, to get a feel for it. Instead, he has come across as a man so fixated on justifying himself that he can’t even hear it when he sounds illogical or cruel.
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/closeread/2014/04/oscar-pistoriuss-trigger.html

Why was he even thinking about putting socks on? Interesting that he now refers to the photo of the gun yet all of the photographic evidence has apparently been tampered with.

I agree.

In Oscar-world, when the photographic evidence suits him, he uses it to try to bolster his version.

When the photographic evidence doesn't support his lies, the crime scene has been tampered with, disturbed, or contaminated.

I can still picture some traumatic events that I lived through over 30 years ago... heck, I can still remember the smell and the feel, let alone picture it.:/ The only part of one of them that I can't was when I was unconscious... :twocents:

I guess it depends on the person. I can't. I forget everything relating to trauma except for generalities.

Sometimes I forget things even happened.

OP claims he ran and shouldered the door with a cocked gun in his hand????

ETA Isn't that the stuff of Hawaii 5-0 ?!

i thought op said 'last time we went through this' that... he kicked the door?

I thought OP said he normally left his legs dressed before?

I think that was when he talked about being at the track, how he removed his outer pants and left them in the legs while wearing his blades.

I think he wouldn't if he was just wearing his sleep/track shorts around the house before getting into bed.

Can I ask a dopey question that was probably answered once upon a time and I do apologise for that.

Why does OP keep calling Nel "Milady" - is he actually answering the judge? Is Nel a woman and I only think she looks like a bloke? Is Milady just the way they refer to attorneys? I'm confused.

What was in Reeva's stomach? And did LE test the contents of the toilet for urine? Did she urinate in the toilet before she was shot?

Thanks!

Mel

Would she have time to urinate before she heard OS screaming and shouting? If his version is to be believed he heard a window which alerted him to rush and get his gun, he then heard the door shut and then screams and shouts down the corridor. In that short time, would Reeva have time to sit down on the toilet and start? If she did have time to start would she involuntary stop urinating when she heard all these screams?

Great... why didn't he switch on the light. And please ask why, if his prosthetics are that quick to put on and he knows himself vulnerable on his stumps, didn't he put on his legs before rushing to the toilet?

one of the big stumbling blocks in op version. imo.

i thought op said 'last time we went through this' that... he kicked the door?

We've had so many different answers to many of the questions I have trouble keeping up :floorlaugh:

ETA Hmmm, on reflection, I feel quite uncomfortable using a rofl emoticon :(

I'm curious. Could you elaborate on that?

I haven't really formed anything definite in my mind yet, but I'm now thinking there is more to it than shooting Reeva through a closed door in a fit of pique, and not being able to see her while doing it (i.e. in the shots first, cricket bat second scenario) and I'm thinking that he broke part of the door first with tha bat so that he had a good view of her but then shot her lower down through the door in order to make it look as if he shot first. I'm thinking more of the word 'execution' now than I am murder .. that's what I mean when I say that I'm starting to feel there is something even more sinister about this whole thing (if that were actually possible .. because the shooting blindly through the door is bad enough as it is). I'm even beginning to think that this is more pre-meditated than a split second decision to shoot through the door in a fit of pique and may be something which formed over quite some minutes .. maybe even half an hour or so .. during the argument which I believed I happened that night. I think that something else happened during the course of that night which meant that Reeva mustn't live to tell the tale and he may even have planned this over the space of half an hour while they were arguing, that he would fake a mistaken identity killing by inventing an intruder scenario and that would then allow him to dispatch of Reeva.

I can still picture some traumatic events that I lived through over 30 years ago... heck, I can still remember the smell and the feel, let alone picture it.:/ The only part of one of them that I can't was when I was unconscious...

I think the point is that if it happened he should be able to remember because he claims it was so traumatic, however, if he's "moved on" with his life to the point that it means no more than when he stopped and shot that dog in front of its owner and drove away, then yea he probably can't. Day to day stuff you may not remember because it's "normal", like how often you yelled at your kids for not flushing the toilet or tracking mud through the house... but anything out of the ordinary will usually stick in your mind. :twocents:

Lol i think it's time for bed, I'm rambling. ttyal. :)

I agree. Things become burned into your brain in that sort of scenario, unfortunately.

Can I ask a dopey question that was probably answered once upon a time and I do apologise for that.

Why does OP keep calling Nel "Milady" - is he actually answering the judge? Is Nel a woman and I only think she looks like a bloke? Is Milady just the way they refer to attorneys? I'm confused.

Referring to the judge.

I think the Judge is sympathetic to Oscar. She stepped in about 3 times today to stop or correct the prosecutor on Oscar's behalf.

missed earlier testimony .. caught the last of today's testimony .. riveting exchanges .. nel really tried to go hard and trip up op at the end there ..

I won't pretend I've heard all or even most of op's testimony so I don't know everything he has said but I will say if something like that had just happened and you had unintentionally killed or even thought you had just killed your gf, you might do some unorthodox, odd things in the immediate mental chaos that may seem contradictory to what actual happened .. it's possible ..

I don't know what to believe .. I guess his demeanor in court is kinda making me believe him maybe ? I don't know ..

have they talked about the shooting forensics .. how incriminating, or nonincriminating was it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech