Trial Discussion Thread #26 - 14.04.15, Day 23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I crouched over her and I put my left arm underneath her right arm and I checked to see if she was breathing or she had a pulse," he continued. "I heard her breathing so I tried to get her up and out of the toilet. I wasn't able to so I scuttled round on my legs, which is probably how I kicked the magazine rack."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ved-him-in-valentines-day-letter-9261590.html

Which version is this one? We've had 'slumped over but still alive' which changed to 'she wasn't breathing' which changed to 'she was struggling to breathe' which changed to 'I heard her breathing'.

If judge accepts DT's expert as correct his testimony will create a reasonable doubt in respect of Mangena's version of what happened, but what this will do to creating a doubt in respect of whether OP is guilty whether of CH or Murder I don't see because it seems to me the verdict will be decided mainly on the judge's reasonings with laws than whether a bullet ricocheted on Reeva's back or not... JMO

I don't see why any of this really matters either, OP confessed to killing RS. Imo this trial was mostly about whether he intended to kill whoever was behind the door or not and if so who he thought it was.

His claim of it being just an accident tells me that he knew it was RS and that he may not have actually intended to kill her but he did fire 4 black talons into a tiny little tiled cubicle where she had nowhere to escape from them, so yea, he did intend to.

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I wasn't in a chronically abusive relationship, but was in a situation where a boyfriend of three months threw a sudden onset-- and never before seen by me--- fit of rage against his home (walls, doors, cabinets, smashing, punching through walls, kicking) when I advised him I was breaking up with him.

And instead of trying to run out of the front or back doors...

I hid in a locked bathroom. :banghead:

How frightening. I am glad you made it out safe.

There was a person on I think it was American Idol and it was a guy and you know how they do the background spots where they go to the person's home. Well, and this is just assumption because he could have rented this place out like it was before they moved in it, but in the background I noticed there were holes in lots of the walls in different rooms that were patched up poorly.

It seems punching holes in walls and going on a home rampage is probably much more common than we think. When that is going on, it can turn in an instant to violence against the partner. Very scary and time to leave that person if things get that bad.

BBM - I believe the comment in red was referring to the 'expert' who was attempting to recreate the scene - not to OP.

It was indeed referring to the expert soozieqtips. My comment was to point out their vastly differing ages and physical appearances.

Okay, this guy has confirmed the cricket bat was used AFTER the gun shots. Surely this isn't good for the Prosecution's case. The Prosecution haven't accounted for this yet. What do they believe caused the sounds at 3:05 am if not the cricket bat on the door?

"I crouched over her and I put my left arm underneath her right arm and I checked to see if she was breathing or she had a pulse," he continued. "I heard her breathing so I tried to get her up and out of the toilet. I wasn't able to so I scuttled round on my legs, which is probably how I kicked the magazine rack."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ved-him-in-valentines-day-letter-9261590.html

Which version is this one? We've had 'slumped over but still alive' which changed to 'she wasn't breathing' which changed to 'she was struggling to breathe' which changed to 'I heard her breathing'.

Yep, when he was giving his testimony on the stand the other day, he said that once he broke down the door he "sat over her" and then immediately broke down sobbing, saying "she wasn't breathing" (at which point court had to be adjourned because he was so upset) .. and yet this morning he states that at that very same point he heard her breathing!

Direct, and absolutely obvious contradiction, there .. if that doesn't prove to some people that he is lying, then I don't know what will!

I'm pretty sure I won't get an answer on that (I've not yet had one answer to any previous questions, either), but I'm pretty sure I know what is being suggested here and I personally find it quite unpleasant.

Likewise jay-jay. I find it deeply disturbing actually and I think some people are finding it way too easy to skip over the bare facts of the case and treat it like some sort of game. To suggest or insinuate OP's innocence with so little basis, not just shows a complete lack of understanding about the charges and of the law but it also shows a worrying lack of empathy.
Well, they do say that 10% of us are potential psychopaths but I would like to believe that it isn't that many.

Likewise jay-jay. I find it deeply disturbing actually and I think some people are finding it way too easy to skip over the bare facts of the case and treat it like some sort of game. To suggest or insinuate OP's innocence with so little basis, not just shows a complete lack of understanding about the charges and of the law but it also shows a worrying lack of empathy.
Well, they do say that 10% of us are potential psychopaths but I would like to believe that it isn't that many.

This is why the idea of a jury worries me sometimes. You never know who will be on it and if they would be so easily swayed by someone's fame, looks etc and miss/deliberately ignore obvious evidence.

BBM - I believe the comment in red was referring to the 'expert' who was attempting to recreate the scene - not to OP.
Ahh yes thanks!! I was also like wtf when I saw it but that makes perfect sense now.

Oooh .. hope I didn't give them a bum steer earlier today when I said court had been adjourned until tomorrow by mistake ..! :scared:

oh lolol, maybe! Don't think she has missed a day yet! :)

I think the new benchmark is where some people is agreeing that a card from RS somehow shows both OP and RS love each other and that they are in a loving relationship...man...it feels weird just writing that haha.

And then re-locked the door and returned the cricket bat?

Also why would she lock a third party into Oscar's bedroom, wouldn't she more likely let someone in the house and they would stay in a guest bedroom, I'm sorry but inviting a third party into a dark bedroom makes no sense.

when he first woke, after 5 hours sleep, he didn't know any of the information you have just offered above.

he jumped to conclusions is what i am offering.

the chance to confer was sitting right next to him. according to his version.

I think the new benchmark is where some people is agreeing that a card from RS somehow shows both OP and RS love each other and that they are in a loving relationship...man...it feels weird just writing that haha.

It's a new low benchmark then because I expect better quality thought processes in this forum.

My younger son is a geologist, I bet he didn't know he could do all that ;)

All this guy's evidence is to try and discredit the previous evidence related to whether OP knew it was Reeva, i.e the ability of RS to scream and the witnesses that heard her screaming, whether OP was able to see or hear her go to the bathroom, whether witnesses (Stipps) saw him in the window on or off stumps, whether the bathroom and\or toilet light was on or off, re the door - which came first gun or bat and also the timing of shots (directly relates to screaming and also OP's version generally, inc him kicking the door).... as well as throwing the odd jibe in about the handling of the crime scene by investigators to discredit evidence collection\photos etc.

There's quite a bit to pick holes in though:
1) His assertion that RS's injuries to her back were from the magazine rack conflicts with OPs earlier allegation that it was in the corner of the room when he found her and that the police must have moved it.
2) The 'model' in the window was on his knees, which is not the same as OP on stumps and he was photographing from the ground and not from the same floor as the Stipps bedroom, hardly comparing like with like. Even when he was standing up, there was no reference made as to what height he was compared to OP.
3) He is still unable to say that all the bat marks were sustained before the shots, so some of the bat sounds could still have made either before or after.
4) Can OP only afford one expert? so had to have a jack of all trades? He may be very competent but really? No explanation of the equipment used for sound and light? and an indoor firing range replicates conditions where a indoor shot from a tiled room is heard outdoors?

They bought the duvet in this morning, so he's obviously going to be a blood spatter expert too.

I must confess I got a bit bored, so I'll wait for Nel to cross examine before I decide which bits are credible and which bits aren't.

I don't see why any of this really matters either, OP confessed to killing RS. Imo this trial was mostly about whether he intended to kill whoever was behind the door or not and if so who he thought it was.

My problem is why shoot 4 times. Even if he heard someone in the toilet, wouldnt it be reasonable to fire a warning shot 1st maybe at the top of the door (for full effect - to show how serious he was) OR even shout and say I have a weapon.

The door was locked so he didnt hear any clicking of the door opening and even if he did the 1st shot would of determined his next move. He was reckless and imv INTENDED to kill whoever was behind the door or at the very least SEVERELY injure the person whether it was Reeva or not. Because 1 shot is a massive massive difference to 4. 1 promotes injury, 4, however, promotes a highly likely chance of death.

I just cant understand why there was no chat from him. He's been trained to use a weapon, so surely, human instinct, IF you want to frighten or warn someone is to talk. Tell them your intentions, tell them what you have, tell them that they're fooked. Not just blast off some shots in the hope you injure them or scare them away without giving them a chance. It doesnt make any sense.

Iv heard strange noises at night and being in the UK the best thing I have is a baseball bat. On 2 occasions, although no one was there in the end I had bat in hand ready to whip someones arse, BUT, on both incidents, I warned them. Giving them the opportunity (in my mind anyway) to scarper. OP has not mentioned anything of the sort. (Please correct me if im wrong).

Everything else that happened around the actual shooting isnt, imv, as important as his thought process in the bathroom, whether he thought it was a burglar or not. And for that reason, his reckless, irresponsible, cold, lunatic behaviour in firing 4 shots, with no warning shot (due to his lack of verbal) is INTENT to kill.

He said he was thinking about the warning shot and realised he didnt want to potentially harm himself with the ricochet of the bullet if he had shot into the shower cubicle, but what about straight up or at an angle towards the ceiling. Surely the bullet would go straight through or is the ceiling tiled aswell?

Just my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member