Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god. He doesn't know if there were any decibel tests done of the sounds

I'm astounded that Roux put this guy up as an expert

The only logical explanation for this total charade of the start of defence witnesses - Roux knows this is all doomed, he is going through the motions, has probably invoiced OP a fortune for all these experts, pocketed most of the cash and then had a quick scout around for anyone deluded/naive enough to consider themselves 'experts' in numerous fields and willing to make utter fools of themselves on the stand in a major worldwide televised trial.
Incredible really.
It is absolutely half-assed by Roux and that's being very kind.
People have said that they expected more from the state but so far the defence has offered nothing substantive or remotely convincing.

N: If I put it to you the lower decibel sound will get fainter over a distance, will you agree?

D explains why he cannot say that.

Nel asks about tests 'done last week'. D says he knows about them and N asks him what he knows.

Is Nel confusing decibel with pitch or frequency ? Doesn't matter at the moment because he was certainly flummoxed!

And that's with so much attenuation, because we are listening to machines and not the actual sounds.

This is why it's virtually impossible to re-create satisfactorily.

There would originally be increased amplification for actual sounds, but also increased attenuation for sound traveling into witnesses buildings via brick structure and windows.

What? They used a brand new gun, out of the box, 'but it jammed after every shot'.

Dixon saying that he tried to replicate the scene exactly with all things like cricket bat, etc, as near as possible to the real things .. except for the small little matter of them having conducted the experiment right out in the middle of an open field!!! :banghead:

Hmm, wonder if this means they redid the test because they had to get rid of their double tap evidence?

N: Oookaay - so what was played to court, did not happen on one day?

And D sort of says yes, I think? He was present for some tests, not others?

Nel says : To me it goes to integrity of a witness. Why would you identify gunshots when you were not present when they were fired?

And with a recording how does one know the sounds haven't been filtered through something, dampened one and not the other, etc. etc. etc.

N: Take it from me, I'm testing your integrity. Take it from me.

What?
Nel says: ‘The court does not know, when the test was done, how the door was hit, what was the material of the door, how the equipment was used… You think that (information) was enough to say to the court: “Accept my evidence”?
Dixon says he identified gunshots, yet he wasn’t present when they were fired. Oh.

I missed yesterday’s Dixon testimony, but I cannot believe they played a sound in court and did not have reports or relay all the details.

I’ve spent enough time in sound recording suites - everything is important, the equipment, the set-up and distances. Also…you can do anything, I mean anything in post-production with sound.

Roux is up, trying to save his witness, but I think all is lost.

R: It was never his evidence.....

Judge says move on, 'There is a dispute'.

He is much worse than Oscar, who never testified as an expert on anything except Oscar.

D says that he can recognize gun shots because he heard them before and he knows gun shots. That sounds exactly like what Dr. Stander said, "I know gun shots".

It seems like they both agree that gun shots cannot be mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean