Trial Discussion Thread #28 - 14.04.17, Day 25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now Nel has noticed something stuffed in a bullet hole in one pic?

N: As far as markk on door is concerned - where is the portion of the prosth?

D: I have it at home.

N: Why would you not bring it? That is the basis of your evidence.

D: Milady, I did not think to bring it. I can bring it.....my understanding that after it was handed back to Mr P, the piece was cut out...

N: That's not true. The police cut it out before handing it back.

D; I have no idea...

BIB - indeed

Nel: Did you measure the angle that the door was fired at?

I am sure Nel said door then, instead of gun, but witness did not query it.

Since we're discussing an appeal for ineffective counsel...just gotta throw it out there that I've seen an appeal rejected for the same reason when an attorney was literally sleeping in court. It was an American appeal so it may be different in SA. It's always mentioned as a possibility but it's very difficult to prove. Roux has a heckuva lot of experience. And if Oscar worked against advice, or didn't disclose details to his team, I believe it negates such a claim. Not that he still wouldn't try in the event of a conviction, but imo he's very unlikely to be successful.

So don't fret too much. :)

JMO

Please pardon errors as posted via Tapatalk with a less than stellar user.

Thew ,hope that is the case here .It certainly should be .

So they fire doors as well as guns on that range? How very very odd.

Could Nel have voire dired (sp?) this witness to show whether he is or is not an expert in those fields like is done here in the US? Could Nel have rejected Dixon as an expert? KWIM?

Assuming its like an American court, I believe so...but we never saw that so its not my belief it is like America. Maybe that occurred pretrial though? But really, if you were Nel, would you want him not to testify? Dude's awesome for the prosecution's case. ;)

Please pardon errors as posted via Tapatalk with a less than stellar user.

D asked for measurement of how far away they stood

D: I have it in my notes here (shuffle paper)...I don't have it here. As far as I remember...

Nel asks if angle was measured.

D: I don't know if there is any way to measure the force.

N: The angle. We are talking about the angle here.

I'm tired of hearing about Roger's photographs. This is evidence in a criminal trial, not what I did on my holidays.

D: No specific angle of bullet hole was measured

(finally, after much prevarication).

Now witness says somebody 'might' have been behind him, taking photos. 'I cannot rule it out'.

He gave all his photos to Mr V. 'Some of them' were used in counsels' report.

Van Aardt looks like he's slipping in to a coma.

Roux is writing out his thank you note:

"Dear Rog,

I know the last two days have been hard but you are doing great my baba booby. Party at Uncle Arnold's tonight. He has beer.

XXXXXX :) :) :)

I am not discarding his testimony as yet, as at least imo we may be into quite a few surprises about what weight Masipa gives it and it appears Vermeulan has when asked by Nel confirmed RD is competent however Walter Mitty and fuddy duddy he may come over. And Masipa is writing away!

Too difficult to measure an angle.

Below high school level?

Interpreter now looks asleep. Poor thing, why don't they let her sit outside, and call her if needed.

The purpose was to replicate the angle but he didn't measure the angle?

talking about the angle. a couple of things highlighted by the recent courtroom camera shot.

op shot from off to the right of the door. not in front of the door.
shot direction angled towards the back left.
3 hits from four shots.
a person standing in the right corner would not have been hit.

hardly random positioning in the bathroom by op.
hardly random aiming of gun by op.

Nel seems to be saying that if door was kicked, there should be a larger amount of varnish missing from door, and transfer to the sock.

Not sure what he's getting at now....

Witness says he would expect tiny bits on the sock but he never tested for them.

Sorry if this has already been floated but I think this was Nel's way of getting the damage from the bedroom door in, could be wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member