Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pistol Gunshot is 1000 times louder than bat strike

As I've written here (in my words about sonic boom incorporation in the gunshot sound pulse etc.)

At about 2 minute mark a well-known SA forensic consultant, David Klatzow, cites the difference between sounds from a gunshot and a bat strike.

Case closed, next?

Oscar Pistorius Trial: eNCA interviews David Klatzow on Oscar trial proceedings - YouTube

Update:
And one remarkable thing is that Dixon basically testified in agreement of this.

I recall immediately making a post. Dixon said, at one point, that a gunshot sound was very different from a bat strike sound and then said his group has equipment to reduce the differences?!

someone asked for pics of the boat:

recovery of the boat after the crash: http://multimedia.timeslive.co.za/videos/2009/02/pistorius-boat-recovered/

And that's an important video in this matter for several reasons.

1. It shows the alcoholic beverages in the boat.
2. SAPS spokeswoman is commenting on likelhood of charging OP for reckless negligence or such.
3. Later it was 'officially' said that OP was not tested for alcohol
4. SAPS and Pros. Authority did not charge OP with negligence etc.
5. Highly likely corruption/favoritism involved in #3,4 above.
6. At current trial, I recall Roux during EIC, and OP said something like contrary to reports i was not drunk or maybe even said he consumed no alcohol.
Then in afternoon, I recall he said he did have a drink earlier at [his brother's birthday] party. I noted again the contradictory statements

BIB. Right. And BTW, there is nothing about a brain injury either. How many more fake excuses for this murderous creep can be conjured up on the Internet?

Exactly. Its getting boring now. That capetowncrim is aa breath of fresh air. Actual real facts taken from SA law. Then this nonsense starts again!

OP's defense requires the judge believe he was 100% sure the person behind the door was an intruder.

He couldn't have been 100% sure it was an intruder because he confirmed that he did not verify that Reeva was still in bed.

He did not know with any certainty that the person behind the door was an intruder, nor did he know if that person had any intention to harm him, and yet he shot four times anyway.

He's asking the court to believe that a woman getting up to use the bath room led him to be 100% certain that his life was in imminent danger. That's ludicrous.

Or he has to admit he wasn't certain his life was in danger, and he killed another human just to be on the safe side.

Exactly, the bathroom is a normal place where GF's and guests visit regularly through the night or otherwise. My goodness, god help us all if we are going to be shot in an innocent place like the toilet just because the bedroom was too dark to determine if we had not walked a few feet to the bathroom. Ludicrous well describes this feeble excuse for killing a human being !

And that's an important video in this matter for several reasons.

1. It shows the alcoholic beverages in the boat.
2. SAPS spokeswoman is commenting on likelhood of charging OP for reckless negligence or such.
3. Later it was 'officially' said that OP was not tested for alcohol
4. SAPS and Pros. Authority did not charge OP with negligence etc.
5. Highly likely corruption/favoritism involved in #3,4 above.
6. At current trial, I recall Roux during EIC, and OP said something like contrary to reports i was not drunk or maybe even said he consumed no alcohol.
Then in afternoon, I recall he said he did have a drink earlier at [his brother's birthday] party. I noted again the contradictory statements

Maybe that's why he thinks he can get away with the current charges. He thinks he will be taken care of this time as well.

Exactly. Its getting boring now. That capetowncrim is aa breath of fresh air. Actual real facts taken from SA law. Then this nonsense starts again!

Speaking generally, things do not have to start again if people simply ignore whenever they think nonsense is posted. It should be clear that you will not be changing people's minds...

That's one way of looking at it.

The other is that he shot her down in cold blood during one of his routine rages and then invented a fantastical fairytale about an imagined intruder in the hope he could literally get away with murder. Too bad his own defence witness has contradicted his version, and too bad OP has zero credibility because he's a pathological liar even under oath. The witnesses heard Reeva screaming and then being murdered, and I hope OP gets life in prison for this heinous crime against an innocent woman who was locked in the toilet trying to keep that murdering pond life away from her.

I doubt the killing was done in cold blood. Op was either terrified or in an insane rage.

Maybe that's why he thinks he can get away with the current charges. He thinks he will be taken care of this time as well.

Indeed.
That's what that Brig Gen told him hours after the shoot. (But we can't be sure of what he was referring to.)
And part of why I write, "This One Runs Deep"

But I've also said that with worldwide public scrutiny, it's not likely he wil be let go scot-free.

But then i've written that appeals could drag on for many years, and I believe they'll give him bail, even though Cape wrote that they shouldn't, but...

If he was 100 percent certain Reeva was in there, he would have stood in front of the door arguing with her and shot her right straight through the door as she stood there talking to him.

The prosecutor set up this scenario---she is standing in front of the door facing you through the door because you are talking to her through the door. Then you shoot her.

The forensics say otherwise. All the bullets were angled from a position where he said he was standing, over by the entrance to the bathroom.

He didn't stand in front of the door because he was afraid the person inside the closet could shoot back.

We've already done this. He was slightly over to the right. Slightly. Someone showed you the bullet trajectory.

How would anyone who valued their life choose to be in this man's company, ever, without bullet proof vest, crash helmet, reinforced safety bars on roof of car, friendly lawyer and a disclaimer absolving them of all responsibility for his actions: pinned to their chest.:hills:

:floorlaugh:

BBM - She'd slam the door and give her location away to the intruders, would she? I don't think so! Was it you who posted that she'd have kept very quiet, or was that someone else?

OP has testified that the toilet door was not fully aligned with the door frame, and had to be pulled shut. So perhaps Reeva would have no choice but to pull the door hard in order to be able to lock it.

Indeed.
That's what that Brig Gen told him hours after the shoot. (But we can't be sure of what he was referring to.)
And part of why I write, "This One Runs Deep"

But I've also said that with worldwide public scrutiny, it's not likely he wil be let go scot-free.

But then i've written that appeals could drag on for many years, and I believe they'll give him bail, even though Cape wrote that they shouldn't, but...

I think that's why the judge is being extra careful on treating OP right. Hopefully, the judge will make her judgement appeal proof tight.

I think Shane probably has a good point about not responding as a way of reducing at least some of the apparent foolishness.

I would like to think that I am a firm advocate for free speech and for healthy meaningful debate, but when some arguments appear to require the total suspension of any level of logical scrutiny or common sense, then I am afraid I'm out. It also gets pretty tiresome to have to go over and over the same stuff repeatedly.

:moo:

I think Shane probably has a good point about not responding as a way of reducing at least some of the apparent foolishness.

I would like to think that I am a firm advocate for free speech and for healthy meaningful debate, but when some arguments appear to require the total suspension of any level of logical scrutiny or common sense, then I am afraid I'm out. It also gets pretty tiresome to have to go over and over the same stuff repeatedly.

:moo:

I'm not helping it am I? I agree. I was like this with my abusive ex, his nonsense used to make me respond over and over again. Having to keep pointing out the truth. That's all he wanted really, a response.

Another thing Re Reevas whatsapp Reeva was more patient than me, I would of called him out on all his excuses of why he had a strop and they HAD to leave the engagement party.

I'm not helping it am I? I agree. I was like this with my abusive ex, his nonsense used to make me respond over and over again. Having to keep pointing out the truth. That's all he wanted really, a response.

Another thing Re Reevas whatsapp Reeva was more patient than me, I would of called him out on all his excuses of why he had a strop and they HAD to leave the engagement party.

I know what you mean. I have had to make a conscious effort to just 'leave it alone' as I have a horrible habit of wanting the last word when I believe I am right and therefore continuing exchanges long past the point of usefulness!:blushing:

Alas this is similar to ignoring.

Re Reeva and OP, if there was arguing from the getgo, and esp. after the speeding incident where OP would not listen to Reeva's entreaties to slow down, and she had to call her Mom to tell OP if he didn't slow down and if anything then happened to her daughter, she'd get the Mafia after him...

Yes, we know hindsight is 20/20, but she should have ended it right there.

Heartbreaking

I don't believe his story. And my husband would never yell out to an intruder to get out of our house. He would find me, our daughter, grab the phone, get us in one room together and call police, while having a gun pointed at the door in case the intruder came into the room. He also would not pull the trigger without seeing who was coming into the room. But then he isn't a trigger happy fool either.

But I take it your husband has all two working legs, and is not "paranoid" about
a potential violent attack in his house, and as you said yourself, is not a trigger happy fool.

Alas this is similar to ignoring.

Re Reeva and op, if there was arguing from the getgo, and esp. after the speeding incident where OP would not listen to Reeva's entreaties to slow down, and she had to call her Mom to tell OP if he didn't slow down and if anything then happened to her daughter, she'd get the Mafia after him..

Yes, we know hindsight is 20/20, but she should have ended it right there.

True.

I wonder whether the caring and nurturing aspects of her nature which seem to come through from her messages and the recollections of her friends made her think she could 'help' Oscar to fight his demons.

Also, on a more cynical note, they were being touted as SA's Golden Couple, so who knows what external managerial influences there may have been encouraging them both to hang in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinrebano