Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
During Gerrie's cross of Mike.

Sorry I can't give you a specific time - as soon as I have an hour to spare I will go and search for it. The camera was focused on OP and he looked in the direction of Mike on the stand and he smirked, in a similar manner as to when Darryn Fresco was on the stand.

He was feeling incredibly chuffed with Mike's testimony - not that it helped him. I believe it was Mike's comments re: the police that made OP feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

BBM
Thanks Cape. I appeciate your looking for me, and I await.

Well that would be telling if the smirk came at that time.
Like OP seemingly intimidating the cop before the sunroof shooting, certain people can get away with telling cops where to go... Runs deep, perhaps so do some of these witnesses these last 2 days? JMO

Oscar is in deep *advertiser censored*.. no way out..

Roux has earned his money, for sure. Oscar is a nightmare client, and the case was stacked against him from the start , ( meaning Roux ) .. he has done a good job, and done it persistently, and with flair, but he is pushing up hill with a pointed stick. Oscar is that rarity, really, all things considered.. an unappealing and unlikeable client with a bad story to tell.

Well, the circumstances were slightly different.

Agreed.

The couples actually heard/were woken by events surrounding an actual homicide...gunshots, bangs, screams....and all check in with each other, checked children, were circumspect/cautious in response.

OP heard what he though was a window opening? Wood moving? According to his version, he proceeded to commit homicide in response to window noise.

This will go nowhere IB.
OP will say something like, "They misheard my mumbling. I did not say, "How do you sleep at night.' I said, "do you weep at night like I do."

Just gets the ratings increased, but this will go nowhere IMO.

Of course if he did say what is alleged, it may more of my unique schadenfreude/sadism hypothesis.

I do agree it will go nowhere in the legal sense. I wouldn't argue anything else but it serves to show what a nasty piece of work OP is. I don't think the court will pay much attention to it, if any, but I do think it was offensive to the girl to whom it was directed and quite uncalled for.

Oscar and Roux were shouting about the police messing with the crime scene. They were going to show the discrepancies in the pictures. Wonder how that's coming along......

I'm sure this has been discussed but I just wanted to hear what your thoughts are re: the balcony (bedroom).

I believe Oscar and Reeva might have been on that balcony at some stage during the altercation. This perhaps why Oscar said to Gerrie on the cross, "Why? Did someone see me out there?" when Gerrie was questioning him about it. (Could be why Oscar, as early as his bail affidavit stated that he had 'fetched the fans from the balcony' - perhaps in anticipation of a witness statement (they were only being interviewed at this stage) stating that he had been seen on the balcony prior to the shots.

If it has been discussed I apologize. The balcony bugs me........badly. (Amongst about 600 other things of course...)

According to retweets by Barry Bateman, the Myers' attorney has been in contact with the NPA (National Prosecuting Authority). Levitt describes the unwelcome approach as sinister in tone and extremely disturbing.

Whether charges are pursued or not, it does not appear that courtroom reporters got this one wrong either.

https://twitter.com/barrybateman

I do agree it will go nowhere in the legal sense. I wouldn't argue anything else but it serves to show what a nasty piece of work OP is. I don't think the court will pay much attention to it, if any, but I do think it was offensive to the girl to whom it was directed and quite uncalled for.

Just to think that when he appealed his bail, he was allowed to go back to the estate and speak to people where he could intimidate witnesses in the same, sly, nasty way.

This will go nowhere IB.
OP will say something like, "They misheard my mumbling. I did not say, "How do you sleep at night.' I said, "do you weep at night like I do."

Just gets the ratings increased, but this will go nowhere IMO.

Of course if he did say what is alleged, it may more of my unique schadenfreude/sadism hypothesis.

.. to me, it doesn't even matter what he said/mumbled .. he shouldn't even be getting near enough to the victims friends/family to even be able to invade their space let alone say something to them. If he actually went anywhere that close to her, then in my book, that is also intimidation .. and if it has been independently witnessed what he said, then that just adds to that. What the heck is an accused murderer doing just going out of the courtroom with everyone else?

Just to think that when he appealed his bail, he was allowed to go back to the estate and speak to people where he could intimidate witnesses in the same, sly, nasty way.

Yup, another reason why he should never have been allowed out on bail.

I don't know if it will matter but...

Mandy Wiener ‏@MandyWiener 1h
I'm told #KimMyers was 'shocked' and didn't respond. Comment was overheard by a member of the investigating team and journalists.

https://twitter.com/MandyWiener

I didn't think he was allowed back to the estate :dunno:. I must have missed that somewhere along the line though I have been plumbed in here for a year. If you have a link I would really appreciate it but meanwhile I will put Google into action.

Yep, I missed it. I have just read the findings of the challenge to bail conditons and he was allowed back onto the estate. I don't think he has lived there again as he still seems to be living with Uncle Pistorius. Thank you for pointing that out.

That makes no sense to me at all. Why would OP have hard feelings towards a close friend of Reeva's? She isn't even testifying against him. This guy must hate all women except, or perhaps more likely, including his mother. Apologies to Mrs. Pistorius, but WTF!?

They were all like sisters, Reeva, Gina, and Kim .. and I remember many years ago, when my sister kept being threatened by a violent ex b/f that he also threatened to 'get' me as well ... basically he wanted to get at our whole family, which he did have a try at one night (he came round and punched my dad in the face) <<<-- we (me and my sister) used to have to sleep with a chest of drawers pushed up against the bedroom door because of the sheer amount of fear we were in from his threats. That's real fear, Mr Oscar Pistorius, not your phoney fear of 'intruders'.

Pistorius continues to reveal his true nature.

Will his testimony in his own defense be taught in law schools in the future as a "worst case" example of what can go wrong? It ranks right up there. I am trying to think of any that match it.

I think Barry Roux has known since the day he took the case that it was problematic. And it has only become more problematic as the trial has proceeded. As for defense witnesses, the defense experts seem to have faded away. I wonder if the psychologist will be next?

I think the Judge wants this case to be finished. She made a comment today about having other things she could be doing. Sort of as if she has "moved on" so to speak. Perhaps subconsciously, she's made up her mind.

But he wasn't sure what was happening or if there was even anyone in his house and his wife had woken him. OP heard noises in his bathroom, only attributable to human manipulation and went into fight or flight.

Bib

Clearly Oscar wasn't 'sure' what was happening either.

ETA: ...if you believe his version of events.

They were all like sisters, Reeva, Gina, and Kim .. and I remember many years ago, when my sister kept being threatened by a violent ex b/f that he also threatened to 'get' me as well.
I think it's important to remember he's also got a not-so-subtle PR campaign piggy-backing this trial too. I'm convinced that's the sole reason for some of the defence's comments, witnesses, and strategy so far...that's the only thing that makes sense because they've put some things forward that do nothing to help the case but may swing a bit of public sympathy. More than once, I've been so grateful this is a bench trial.

All JMO

Another thought that has tap danced on my shoulder since yesterday.

Are there any talks taking place behind the scenes. I find yesterday's interruptions weird. I also find Gerrie's 'calm and almost secretive' manner interesting.

I realize there could be many reasons for the almost 'surreal' 2 days of brief witness testimony and early breaks. I also believe there might have been some sort of 'move' by the DT; a 'feeler' as it were. Not sure. But I do believe something was afoot.

Perhaps an approach by the defense that the state spurned? It offers an alternative as to why Barry only had two witnesses available both yesterday and today.

Barry himself had stated before the 2 week 'vacation' that the their 'next witness' was going to be giving detailed and scientific evidence - Wolmarans the ballistician I would guess. Yet HE (who has been in court daily since the start) is suddenly MIA?

Anyone else think some sort of tentative approach might have been made, which was spurned by the state?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot