Trial Discussion Thread #35 - 14.05.08 Day 28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing the agitation in Roux' voice, desperately trying to get clinician to accept his point.

Nothing gets in the way of a tea break. Not even a 30-minute break just like 30 minutes earlier.

How long is this break expected to be? Transient Ishemic Attack :giggle:

HhhhWHAT!!?? Tea-time, donut break, or did the defense run out of witnesses again? (Methinks the Punkin' pot pie is working.)

As a clinician the witness does not agree with any two hour timeframe...

And did judge just cut in and tell witness to step down, or did I miss something Roux said?

Tea.

I'm confused.

I'm so lost. Why is Nel bringing up anxiety causing delay. Delay doesn't work in his favor, right?

No it doesn't, but if it WAS an exceptional case where there had been 8 hours since her last meal, then perhaps the reason for it is that she was terrified. That does work in his favor.

Man, all these breaks are really annoying. Do they want to get this over with or not? ughhh!

My dog had to show the boilerman out for me.....I feel terribly rude. I didn't even offer him a cup of tea.

Anyone knows, where "my" Alex Crawford from Sky is? There is no live update of her twitter account?

2:30 - trial starts (central time)
3:15 - break to read report
3:45 - court back
4:15 - TEA BREAK ! GET THE HECK OUT OF THE WAY!! IT'S TEA TIME!!!!! NO ONE GETS BETWEEN ME AND MY TEA !!!!!!! OFF TO THE TEA-TERIA!!!

Originally Posted by atthelake View Post
And some of us put the bag in a mug, stick it in the microwave and hit 2 minutes.... and once done dips the bag a few times, takes the bag out and done!

NOOOOO! I can hear my fellow Brits on this thread crying out in anguish!

And in Ireland, we like our tea so strong you could dance a jig on top of it :)

Morning all! Thanks so much for the updates and transcriptions. :loveyou:

CL keeps repeating, "I'm not a Forensic Pathologist" again and again. Why oh why is there a Clinician up against a Forensic Pathologist report here. Seems ridiculous to me.

An example of once a professional is retained by a lawyer in court proceedings they are immediately compromised. It's not worth the money IMO.

Because Nel is expecting a particular answer when he's asking the wrong question.

She stated very clearly that delay can be determined by the contents of the meal.

Nel was insisting that delay could/would have occurred with anxiety/fear regardless of meal contents, so yes, she was right to correct him.

She wasn't just correcting him though, she was starting to argue with him about that particular point .. I didn't think that was necessary .. all she needed to do was answer the question. She sounded to me, at that point, to be hesistant about saying something which might harm the defence but she shouldn't have been hesistant, she should just be saying what the facts are.

Another non expert witness bulldoged.... NEXT!!!!!!

I'm so lost. Why is Nel bringing up anxiety causing delay. Delay doesn't work in his favor, right?

Ahhh, but even IF there is a delay, it doesn't mean she was doing yoga and sleeping. Because no one can predict how much weight the judge will give expert testimony, its important for Nel to establish other factors could account for a delay, especially since the science isn't exact.

Please pardon errors as posted via Tapatalk with a less than stellar user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!