Trial Discussion Thread #35 - 14.05.08 Day 28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was the combo. The guy next was audible but still a little muffled.

You probably saw above another link which may be better. I am not sure whether that was referring to the court proceedings or the radio discussions. Here is the link again. I shall bookmark it for tomorrow to see which, though it may become obvious before that.

http://ewn.co.za/Features/oscarpistorius/live-blog

Oscar lives in his own universe. Classic narcissist. Still don't think premeditation has been proven, although I do think he premeditated her murder, and only formed his plan in seconds. He was (is) a ticking time bomb. Any truth to what Diane Sawyer said here in the States that it will take the judge months to give her decision? Anyone know of a precedence? Gosh, I hope not.

Someone posted a You Tube video towards the end of the last thread I think (Oscar Trial Legal Panel - 13 I think) where Judge Chris Greenland said Masipa would probably give Counsel 2-3 days to prepare heads of argument (closing argument), which are in written form, but as this trial has attracted so much world-wide attention they may be read onto the record which will add a further 2 days - please, please, yes - we all want to hear it, and the judgment would probably be delivered approx. a month later IIRC. At the rate we're going I'm guessing probably late next month, if we're lucky.

Hope I got that all right.

I am having trouble opening the ewn.co.za link due to a long running script. I will try later. Maybe someone here knows whether it is live court proceedings or live discussion about the case.

You probably saw above another link which may be better. I am not sure whether that was referring to the court proceedings or the radio discussions. Here is the link again. I shall bookmark it for tomorrow to see which, though it may become obvious before that.

http://ewn.co.za/Features/oscarpistorius/live-blog

It is the actual radio link (Oscar Extra) is it's proper name. It is set up as a daily blog, which contains all the sound bites for the days trial & a written description. At the top of the page is the live audio (for trial & radio show). If you use the home button & then click on the live audio link it will take you to the current days live blog if using it from a bookmark. The archive will take you to the list of all previous court day blogs & audio

Someone posted a You Tube video towards the end of the last thread I think (Oscar Trial Legal Panel - 13 I think) where Judge Chris Greenland said Masipa would probably give Counsel 2-3 days to prepare heads of argument (closing argument), which are in written form, but as this trial has attracted so much world-wide attention they may be read onto the record which will add a further 2 days - please, please, yes - we all want to hear it, and the judgment would probably be delivered approx. a month later IIRC. At the rate we're going I'm guessing probably late next month, if we're lucky.

Hope I got that all right.

That would be great if it happens.

It is the actual radio link (Oscar Extra) is it's proper name. It is set up as a daily blog, which contains all the sound bites for the days trial & a written description. At the top of the page is the live audio (for trial & radio show). If you use the home button & then click on the live audio link it will take you to the current days live blog if using it from a bookmark. The archive will take you to the list of all previous court day blogs & audio

Many thanks, I am still unable to link to it but won't give up trying.

But she is not a witness. She was on the witness list but has not and will not be called. Hence the lawyers saying the Judge can do nothing.

If she were still a witness I would be all for him be hauled over the coals for it. Unless Miss Myers wishes to open a case herself nothing more will be heard of it within this trial.

He still intimidated a close family friend of the deceased though, which is not what someone accused of murder and trying to protest their innocence should be doing. Not only that, but it's just plainly bang out of order for a family member or friend to be put in such a position, by a killer .. whether someone should just let it roll of them like water of a duck's back is totally beside the point .. they shouldn't be put in that position, by a killer, in the first place.

Tomorrows testimony will be very interesting because I can't see how she could have been close to the door and hit in the arm . The highest bullet hole was around 104cm from the floor .
Does anyone that has heard today's testimony in full have any idea about this .
I have missed bits today.

I can think of one very macabre scenario in which the enraged OP having shot twice through the door (bullet holes A & B) one of which hits Reeva in the hip. She falls backwards onto the magazine rack. OP then removes the right-most panel enters the toilette with the panel in hand, positions or props the bottom panel inline with the right side of her head/arm (which is now resting near or on the toilette), and fires 2 shots through it ... that would explain:

• the small diameter of the grouping of the splinters observed around the arm wound, and her forearm
  • the slight curvature of the bullet pathway through the door at bullet hole D as observed by W - this would be due to mobile status vs fixed status of the panel
  • the distribution of the brain matter on the toilette lid - whereas imo, it is somewhat difficult to reconcile the brain tissue pattern of distribution from bullet pathway of holes C or D through this panel fixed to the door
  • the large splinter found in the toilet bowl/basin
  • the large bullet fragment found in the toilet/basin
  • the possible 5th cartridge found in the toilet/basin (my speculation)

I know it seems far fetched, but so does the unexplained pellet hole in the bedroom door, the unexplained damage to the bedroom door and locks, the unexplained damage to the bathroom tiles and the bath's metal plumbing cover.

bbm. not even if the shot to the hip caused her to drop?

Well yes of course if she was hit in the hip first and then fell back on the magazine rack( which is what I believe ) and is the states case then I don't see how she could have still been close to the door when she was shot in the arm .
It is confusing to me anyway ,I can't visualise what the defence are trying to come up with now.
Even with rapid fire she must have been crumpling and falling backwards with the hip shot therefore she can't have still been close to the door. She can't have pulled herself onto the magazine rack after been shot twice.
If she had been hit in the arm first the hole in the door would have been higher
It is obvious the defence want to remove the possibility of a gap in the shots giving Reeva time to try and protect herself but I can't see how they can do that .
So I am intrigued how they are going to prove this tomorrow.

quoting the juror13 blog

"04:11:25 – Incoming call from 6940 (Peet Van Zyl) – 49 seconds

A few more GPRS connections

Then after this time, all incoming calls were diverted to the voice mailbox center. No outgoing calls were made.

The phone was pinging to the tower closest to Oscar’s up until 8:00am and then it left the location (meaning that somebody took it with them when they left Oscar’s house and it wasn’t the police)"

has this been looked into?
if the phone was pinging the tower closest to op's up until 08:00, the only way to know it left this location, would be if it started to ping a second location, and a third, and so on. surely then it's movement could be roughly tracked and matched to a person's movements/address... the police must know the phone's route.
i can't find the time that op was arrested/taken from his house to the police station on the morning of 14th [last photos of him were in the garage at 07:40].
carise says she left the house with aimee [and reeva's bag] in a car, and that they followed op in a policecar, going to the police station.
is anyone else known to have left at around 08:00?

http://juror13lw.wordpress.com/2014/03/25/oscar-pistorius-trial-day-15-state-rests/#comments

95% of this anesthetists patients undergoing a gastrectomy will have a pristine stomach after 6 hours

I can think of one very macabre scenario in which the enraged OP having shot twice through the door (bullet holes A & B) one of which hits Reeva in the hip. She falls backwards onto the magazine rack. OP then removes the right-most panel enters the toilette with the panel in hand, positions or props the bottom panel inline with the right side of her head/arm (which is now resting near or on the toilette), and fires 2 shots through it ... that would explain:

• the small diameter of the grouping of the splinters observed around the arm wound, and her forearm
  • the slight curvature of the bullet pathway through the door at bullet hole D as observed by W - this would be due to mobile status vs fixed status of the panel
  • the distribution of the brain matter on the toilette lid - whereas imo, it is somewhat difficult to reconcile the brain tissue pattern of distribution from bullet pathway of holes C or D through this panel fixed to the door
  • the large splinter found in the toilet bowl/basin
  • the large bullet fragment found in the toilet/basin
  • the possible 5th cartridge found in the toilet/basin (my speculation)

I know it seems far fetched, but so does the unexplained pellet hole in the bedroom door, the unexplained damage to the bedroom door and locks, the unexplained damage to the bathroom tiles and the bath's metal plumbing cover.

Crickey that is an even worse thought than the version that I already have in my mind . I really really don't know what to think and dread to think how hard it must be for Reeva's family to cope with all this .

Yeees. But there were a few other things. I don't know though. Maybe it is just his verbosity and rather ponderous style.
Yes, certainly in part his verbosity and ponderous style but I think also the material isn't exactly exciting or appetising either. Try sitting through a financial fraud or breach of trust trial with explanations on complex accounting practices. In the UK they are mooting not using juries for such trials which can take a year, two, and more and which jurors can find really hard to follow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot