Trial Discussion Thread #39 - 14.05.14 Day 32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As an outpatient, does he get to be evaluated for the same length of time? I mean, is the only difference that he'd sleep at Uncle Arnold's house but attend hospital for the rest of each day?

Curious that the judge sees him being assessed in the hospital as punishment though.

This and other things that have happened are all signals to me that judge already knows what she is gonna do at the verdict. And it's not gonna be pretty for OP when the verdict comes.

Right now, she is just covering her bases, being really careful.

You beat me to it! Was just going to say "own goal". I thought it would go the other way. I'm pleased though - not that my opinion matters at all!

Of course your opinion matters!

Let's hope when they find him guilty he won't be sent to prison on an out-patient basis.

The point is that Oscar will be assessed by three psychiatrists and a psychologist....so hopefully the court will receive a definitive diagnosis...if that can be reached on an outpatient basis fair enough. The important issue here is getting additional expert opinions.

When someone poses a danger to the community aren't they put in jail until verdict? His psychiatrist said he was dangerous.

There was one moment when the judge was delivering her decision that OP really looked like a broken man.

Wow! court had no choice really after Dr V. Not sure re out patient though, defeats the object I'd have thought, re observing 24/7.

Still we'll see, sounds as though details to be confirmed next week, 20.5.14. Might be some discussion about it then.

I'll be back tonight to see what everyone thinks. :seeya:

ETA: Hoping the hospital may insist on him being an inpatient in order to prepare their reports, I would think they'll have some say. Can only hope.

Whether OP is an inpatient or an outpatient is a clinical decision, which should ultimately be made by the assessment team psychiatrist.

I agree. I am not overly fussed whether he is assessed in or out. I would have preferred in but it is just a process to determine certain issues (must admit I was surprised though, it was not something I even considered). Don't agree it is a home goal for the defence at all though. I don't see it being a goal for either side, it is just something that must be done in order to give him a fair trial and perhaps avoid an appeal on a certain basis in the future.

Certainly agree it was necessary for a fair trial but I still see it as a home goal because of the extra information the prosecution will now have access to before closing arguments . OP is highly likely to contradict himself during different interviews. He won't have Roux there to interrupt and object .

I agree with Masipa's curiosity - "Strangely the defense opposes this..."

I truly believe they are opposing it because the intense psych eval is going to now be a part of the official record and I believe it is NOT going to bode well for Oscar at all. I've got a good hunch he is going to be found to have extreme narcissistic tendencies.

Listening to the judge list all the points the Dr made, that made an application under section 78 necessary, it became clear the huge risk defence took in calling her.

Roux's no fool. He must have been aware. So it suggests to me defence are seriously, seriously worried their case is going badly and thought the risk had to be taken.

Man on whoop just pointed out that the moment Judge M said the defence opposing the appli was 'strange', was the moment it was obvious what she had decide. It's true, but I missed that implication, Lol!

I truly believe they are opposing it because the intense psych eval is going to now be a part of the official record and I believe it is NOT going to bode well for Oscar at all. I've got a good hunch he is going to be found to have extreme narcissistic tendencies.

OP is going down. :jail:

BBM - absolutely, and I think his compulsive lying will be noted too.

There was one moment when the judge was delivering her decision that OP really looked like a broken man.

Did you see the look on his face when Milady made that negative remark about his performance on the stand? Ooooooooh....nasty!

Ok, well I still hope they use Hypnosis therapy to really find out what happened on that fate day.

Maybe that's what OP and his DT are afraid of , hence the prolonged and hectic opposition to these tests.

I really can't imagine it will be just a couple of tests ..... Hope not anyway :)

Unfortunately psychiatric assessment isn't as sophisticated as one would hope. GAD would mainly be assessed by the client's self report and observation in different contexts. In this case, OP's self report would be highly questionable.

during interviews with the accused, it is not comprehensive as she had little time. a fairer expenditure of time ,with assisting professionals appointed by the court would be fairer to the accused.

Would like to know what "professionals appointed by the court" means. Does it mean specific professionals or just qualified psych professionals at whatever facility OP ends up?

Re "outpatient" .. could it mean OP sleeps at home, but spends the whole day at the facility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member