Trial Discussion Thread #45 - 14.07.3, Day 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He fired at the sound to nulify a threat.
OH DEAR OH DEAR OH DEAR.

Hmmm, does this mean that Nel has pinned the Professor down into saying OP was perfectly aware of his thought process when shooting into the door and as the Professor isn't a psychiatrist then it's only a psychiatrist who can confirm it?

Prof now saying the toilet door sound was an acoustic sound that created the second startle.

I can picture it, RS locking the bedroom door to quickly pack and leave and then screaming as OP breaks into the bedroom. She then runs to the bathroom and checks the window to see if she can get out, realizes she'd break her leg trying and ducks into the toilet room slamming the door shut as OP grabs his gun, tosses the holster off and races after her screaming "get the f### out of my house!"

Can you imagine what "startle" effect her screams must've had? :/

It wasn't his fault. His startle made him do it.

The problem for OP now though is that the 2nd startle is when he intended to shoot to kill and the 3rd startle was supposed to be the magazine rack which never actually moved until after a shot was fired.

Does anyone think that Oldwage is intentionally trying to needle Nel? Or is he just a pompous git?
If so, I really don't think it's a good tactic.
I really want Nel to destroy this witness on Monday. He is clearly a character witness, not an expert imho.

Does anyone think that Oldwage is intentionally trying to be needle Nel?
If so, I really don't think it's a good tactic.
I really want Nel to destroy this witness on Monday. He is clearly a character witness, not an expert imho.

I thought that too. Some of Oldwage's remarks seemed a bit petty and it was as if he couldn't wait to not just object to something but to correct Nel on courtroom etiquette.

At the lunch break, Oscar radio was saying its a new defence being brought in through the backdoor.

O'Sullivan has been inundated with support for what he reported. Other athletes who were in adjacent rooms heard all the shouting and have contacted him. It has now been divulged that the argument and shouting was to do with ST meeting somebody else whilst OP was away at the London games.

Sam went to Dubai with Quinton van der Burgh, a millionaire television producer. When OP returned from London he allegedly threatened to break his legs.

Whooptv were saying earlier that the gun charges are treated very seriously so, like them, I'm curious as to why they've not been given much of a defence. It would be pretty pointless of OP to change his plea to guilty for those charges as he'd still have career damage with getting visa's etc. They were also saying that they think Roux has probably already approached Nel regarding a plea but Nel wouldn't have accepted one.

I'm having an early night tonight. I've missed the majority of todays proceedings. Six feeds, all unsuccessful. I'll have to catch up tomorrow. Getting into bed to watch Wimbledon now. Night all. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

At the lunch break, Oscar radio was saying its a new defence being brought in through the backdoor.

Was that in regard to the DT possibly trying to get new law onto the books for the definition of the 'normal person'? I kind of agree with that as there probably should be something in law specific to certain disabilities but I suppose if that were the case then every lawyer would be claiming their client's disability wasn't allowed for.

Was that in regard to the DT possibly trying to get new law onto the books for the definition of the 'normal person'? I kind of agree with that as there probably should be something in law specific to certain disabilities but I suppose if that were the case then every lawyer would be claiming their client's disability wasn't allowed for.

That was mentioned as well.

Nastasya Tay ‏@NastasyaTay 2 hrs
Spotted a very vigorous Pistorius spokesperson wagging her finger at Derman outside court. #OscarPistorius

Indeed!

From an article linked earlier:

What is your greatest ambition?

OP: I want to improve education and awareness about disability. People focus on the disability and not on that person’s ability. We all have disabilities of some kind. There are few people with 100% ability.

:worms:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member