Trial Discussion Thread #45 - 14.07.3, Day 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wayne Derman stated that Oscar Pistorius was the 16 th fastest man in the world

Let us examine this statement :

– Since when are athletes who win the 400 m event declared the "fastest man in the world" ?

– Oscar Pistorius did not even participate in the 400 m final of the London 2012 Olympics.

– Oscar Pistorius finished in 23 rd place out of 24 athletes in the 400 m semi-final of the London 2012 Olympics… the last place being held by Liemarvin Bonevacia who injured himself during the race and could not finish it.

Oscar Pistorius was dead last in the 400 m semi-final but he promotes himself as being the 16 th fastest man in the world… what a shameless and undeserved display of self-promotion, arrogance and egotism.

Wayne Derman's statement was not only false but also irrelevant : it holds absolutely no probative value in the case before the Court, .

Wayne Derman stated that Oscar Pistorius procured a small handgun that he could carry with him at all times because of his disability-induced anxiety.

– Is Oscar's gun enthusiasm a result of his disability-induced anxiety ?

– Is Oscar's habit of going to the shooting range in the middle of a sleepless night a result of his disability-induced anxiety ?

– Is Oscar's exalted exuberance of filming himself exploding a watermelon with a large caliber pistol a result of his disability-induced anxiety ?

– Is Oscar's reckless shooting through the sunroof of a moving car on a public road a result of his disability-induced anxiety ?

– Is Oscar's negligent discharge of a gun whilst manipulating it under a table in a crowded restaurant a result of his disability-induced anxiety?

– Is Oscar's desire to obtain a gun's collector license a result of his disability-induced anxiety ?

– Is Oscar's purchase of one large caliber revolver, one small caliber revolver, two shotguns and one assault rifle a result of his disability-induced anxiety ?

Wayne Derman stated that Oscar Pistorius procured a small handgun that he could carry with him at all times because of his disability-induced anxiety.

– Is Oscar's gun enthusiasm a result of his disability-induced anxiety ?

– Is Oscar's habit of going to the shooting range in the middle of a sleepless night a result of his disability-induced anxiety ?

– Is Oscar's exalted exuberance of filming himself exploding a watermelon with a large caliber pistol a result of his disability-induced anxiety ?

– Is Oscar's reckless shooting through the sunroof of a moving car on a public road a result of his disability-induced anxiety ?

– Is Oscar's negligent discharge of a gun whilst manipulating it under a table in a crowded restaurant a result of his disability-induced anxiety?

– Is Oscar's desire to obtain a gun's collector license a result of his disability-induced anxiety ?

– Is Oscar's purchase of one large caliber revolver, one small caliber revolver, two shotguns and one assault rifle a result of his disability-induced anxiety ?

Great points and I assume exactly where Gerri Nel will go if ever given the chance...still on session 1.

I cannot speak for others but I am able to easily follow and understand not only Nel's questions but also where Nel's questions are leading.

Cross-examining Wayne Derman is so very laborious… obtaining a response that answers the simplest of questions that is posed to him is like pulling teeth.

The vast majority of Defence witnesses have also displayed this confrontational obfuscation but ONLY in cross-examination.

Whereas the vast majority of State witnesses have been placid, cooperative and clear during both examination and cross-examination.

I cannot speak for others but I am able to easily follow and understand not only Nel's questions but also where Nel's questions are leading.

Cross-examining Wayne Derman is so very laborious… obtaining a response that answers the simplest of questions that is posed to him is like pulling teeth.

The vast majority of Defence witnesses have also displayed this confrontational obfuscation but ONLY in cross-examination.

Whereas the vast majority of State witnesses have been placid, cooperative and clear during both examination and cross-examination.

Agree totally. Surely this guy is going to feel rather stupid if he ever watches his performance. His head is so far up his *advertiser censored**e that he made himself look very biased. Not very intelligent for a supposedly very intelligent guy. I think much of his testimony will be disregarded by the court especially as he was attempting to be a psychologist, amongst other disciplines, whereas he is a sports medicine doctor.

Well, I wouldn't agree that there should be a new law on the books for people with disabilities when they murder someone. If legs or limbs are disabled, they do still have their minds in most cases.

Quite a lot of disabled people would like to be able to get around as well as OP I'm sure.

On one hand, the defense wants to paint OP as paranoid where danger is concerned and as having a great deal of fear. On the other hand, it seems as if OP did not present himself as paranoid or fearful prior to the murder. He was Mr. Big, shooting a gun off in a restaurant and out the roof of a vehicle. He has shown quite a temper. Don't fearful and paranoid people go out of their way not to make anyone angry at them enough to hurt them?

IMO, this is all smoke and mirrors from OP and the defense to try to get a guilty man off. OP had it all, then became the ultimate spoiled famous person. Now he's lost it all because of his temper and his guns. He was judge, jury, and executioner for Reeva, but now he wants to be found innocent. He values his life; he just didn't value hers.

I hope Nel nails Derwin to the wall on Monday!

MOO

:goodpost:

I too have not had much problem in understanding Nel's questions. I thought he was brilliant today. And I too love it when he says "Now, you see, that concerns me..."

Today'a witness is one of the most pompous idiots I think I've ever heard. After being clearly warned by the judge that in speaking to Mr. Nel he is speaking to the court (meaning the judge) he then today proceeds to get both obstinate and snarky at times.
His addressing Mr. Nel on a personal basis with comments like "Are you happy now?" were highly, highly out of line.

Good stuff today!

I love it when Nel takes off his glasses and smiles. Then you know something's coming!

Agree totally. Surely this guy is going to feel rather stupid if he ever watches his performance. His head is so far up his *advertiser censored**e that he made himself look very biased. Not very intelligent for a supposedly very intelligent guy. I think much of his testimony will be disregarded by the court especially as he was attempting to be a psychologist, amongst other disciplines, whereas he is a sports medicine doctor.

Indeed.

I suspect the lengthy disclaimer in Wayne Derman's report and at the beginning of his testimony was a mandatory requirement insisted upon by the lawyers who represent the various organizations where Wayne Derman is a member.

No professional or organization would want to be affiliated with Wayne Derman's opinion.

I also suspect that Wayne Derman was handsomely compensated by Oscar Pistorius for agreeing to participate in his Defence… an offer he could not refuse no matter how much he would be ridiculed on a televised high-profile trial.

Just got through yesterday's testimony and I heard a court order saying that from this day forward, no one can publish the psychiatric reports.

But apparently, these reports are already on the net. Would someone have links? I've tried Googling them but can't find any.

Thank you

Dr. D is a medical doctor specializing in sports medicine. Looks like he hires himself out to corporations to promote their products and give other public speaking lectures for a fee. Here is his website:

http://www.waynederman.com/

I'm guessing that his inbox is filling up rather quickly at the moment. LOL!!!

What type of doctor is he? Is he an M.D. or is he trained in fields related to physical medicine with a Doctorate, Phd? Both are referred to as doctors here in the USA so I just wanted a clarification. His testimony and his referring to so many articles, including a newsprint article IIRC, makes me wonder. Please tell me if anyone knows.

His letters indicate he has a Bachelor of Medicine or Science degree from Cape Town University

To use BSc(Med)(Hons) indicates Batchelor of Science Medical Degree with Honours. He will have to complete an extra year and no doubt take a further exam.

His PhD is in Sports Medicine

FFIMS signifies he is a Fellow of the International Federation of Sports Medicine -no exams necessary as far as I can find. Fellowships are offered to people usually considered knowledgeable in their field but, IMO and experience, it is who you know not what you know but I may be being a bit unkind there.

Professorship is an honour applied to someone knowledgeable in their field, usually a PhD but can also be an MSc. No exams necessary.

So, quite frankly, he has no expertise in anything other than sports medicine so why he thinks he can pontificate on neurology and psychology baffles me.

Dr. D is a medical doctor specializing in sports medicine. Looks like he hires himself out to corporations to promote their products and give other public speaking lectures for a fee. Here is his website:

http://www.waynederman.com/

I'm guessing that his inbox is filling up rather quickly at the moment. LOL!!!

You can always phone him.. Yep his number is available

There's an interesting piece on this site (you have to scroll down a bit for the Pistorius article)

http://josefshomperlen.net/

Frankly, I think there’s a little bit of exploitation of his physical disability to say that it’s linked to some mental health issue that would cause him to commit murder,” said the president of the National Organization on Disabilities, Carol Glazer. “It’s just too much of a stretch.

I think OP's "someone shot at me" claim is fiction, as he couldn't remember who picked him up that night or who picked his car up the next day.

I think it's possible OP did grab PvZ's arm after hearing gun shots, but only in preparation of using him as a human shield.

I think OP's fear of flying is likely real, because it's one of the very few times he's forced to be unarmed in the presence of others. There's some ego-feeding thing involved with OP and his arsenal of guns.

I think OP's tale to German of waking up at the sound of movie shots and fleeing the room where his friends were gathered to seek refuge is clearly a lie, or OP has serious manhood issues, which the bizarre soothing/stroking/holding he receives regularly in court suggests is the case.

I'm sitting wondering what I can email him about.....

Not sure I will email him. Perhaps tonight after a few Bourbons I might bother. :smile: But if I do it will just be in the title, "Please just answer the freakin' questions! Thank you in advance."

is there a link to a transcription of OP in witness stand?

Oh how I wish I did have a link to OP's full testimony, (apart from the Sky one which is rubbish). After doing the smaller witnesses and then taking on Dr Stipps I haven't been able to face doing even Johnson's which I really really want. I thought by starting with the smaller ones it would make the longer ones easier but it didn't as they are so incredibly tedious. I have excerpts, long and short, of OP's testimony, and a couple of others of the biggies I lifted over time from another blog but I need to sort them into chronological order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mary0309