Trial Discussion Thread #45 - 14.07.3, Day 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Dr. D must have seen it by now and he has got to be furious. Obviously I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he too is not a liar like Roux and Co. and Osca.

Well Dr. D must have seen it by now and he has got to be furious. Obviously I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he too is not a liar like Roux and Co. and Osca.

Here's hoping it still airs tonight!

Does anyone from Australia know from which territory in Oz Channel 7 is broadcast ? The time differences vary between 8 and 11 hours, depending on territory. So UK time we are looking at somewhere between 9.30 am to 12.30pm tomorrow morning. I have been trying to find a link from which I can watch the program but have been totally unsuccessful. It may, of course, be impossible and I shall have to wait for Yahoo to upload it.

Look up Sydney time zone

I had a feeling that the video would be pulled. I was looking to see if there was a way to make a copy and upload it to YouTube, but unfortunately, I'm not a techie.

I wonder if someone else might have managed to at least mirror the clip to YouTube?

Let's hope the Aussie channel can still show the full footage on Sunday night before OP's legal team shuts them down.

I am in Australia and I can still see the video clip.

I am in Australia and I can still see the video clip.

I see there's now another 1:00 clip that I can't view either, heading says:

"Exclusive: Oscar Pistorius re-enacts shooting
Yahoo!7 July 6, 2014, 10:22 am

Our in-depth investigation into the Oscar Pistorius case and the re-renactment that shows him walking through the crime again for a top american forensic investigator, plus the prosecutor determined to put him behind bars."

That's weird, I just tried and couldn't.

Do you normally get the SN7 channel? Hopefully you'll still be able to view it there...

In the meantime, another quote here for those who missed it:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2681890/Pistorius-youve-never-seen-Leaked-footage-shows-paralympian-stumps-enacting-moment-shot-Reeva-Steenkamp-bathroom-door.html
In another scene the athlete can be seen on all fours, dragging a woman from a bathroom similar to the one in which he shot Miss Steenkamp.

This week a psychiatrist told the Pretoria court that Pistorius could not simply run away if he found himself in a vulnerable position. Even turning around is 'quite a process', he said.

The Channel Seven footage shows him able to move forwards and backwards unaided through the living room.

They tweeted an hour ago that the program is on tonight, so doesn't seem like it's been pulled, at least not yet.

sunday night @sundaynighton7 · 1h

TONIGHT: Footage of Oscar Pistorius re-enacting the night he killed Reeva. You be the judge in our live on-air vote. http://yhoo.it/1o9EuBZ

https://twitter.com/sundaynighton7

Having trouble with the new font size? The easiest way to increase it is to press CTRL and roll your mouse wheel forward. This is especially useful when you're trying to read those hard to read internet pages as well. May have to bump this every so often judging from the comments.

BIB

Wow, did I read this wrong.

I read it as Obviously I'm giving him the benfit of the doubt that he too IS a liar like Roux and Co. and Oscar.

Just belatedly realised it is channel 7 and not ABC. Makes more sense as the latter is much more of a sensationalist channel. Does anyone know what the pro-OP posters are making of this?

Regarding the testimony of the last few days and how terribly unstable Oscar apparently is without his legs it's worth remembering this

Mr Pistorius said the gunshots left his ears ringing, and he kept on shouting for Ms Steenkamp to phone the police. He said he retreated back to the bedroom and found Ms Steenkamp was not in bed.

"At that point, the first thing I thought was maybe she got down onto the floor like I told her to, maybe she was just scared... I can't remember what I said but I was trying to talk out to her.

"It was upon that time, my Lady, that it first dawned upon me that it could be Reeva that was in the bathroom or in the toilet. I jumped out of the other side of the bed and I ran my hands along the curtains to see that she wasn't hiding.

"I didn't want to believe it was Reeva in the toilet, I was so scared that someone was coming in to attack us. I made my way inside the bathroom... I tried to grab the handle, rip open the door. I pushed the door to open and it was locked.

"I ran back to the room, I opened the curtains, opened the doors(with cocked gun in hand) and shouted from the balcony for help. I screamed, 'Help, help, help.' I screamed for somebody to help me.

"I put my prosthetic legs on. I ran as far as I could back to the bathroom, I ran into the door. It didn't move at all. I tried to kick the door but nothing happened."

Now does what we've heard from Mr Derman tie up with this "Version".

Good post. It's also worth remembering that you wouldn't rip open the door or push open the door/B] because the door opened out towards him. Another totally ludicrous bit about him trying to open the door is he said he shoulder-charged the door and, as you pointed out, tried to kick the door. Right, and how was that going to work when it opened outwards?

IIRC there was quite some to-ing and fro-ing between Nel and OP about whether he said "kick" and OP was absolutely adamant that he did not use the word kick, but it's on the record that he did say this.
I'm behind on the thread so apologies if this has been canvassed already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member