Trial Discussion Thread #45 - 14.07.3, Day 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM That's how I see it. The brief for this company had to be to create a 3D animation of OP's statement to his own DT. He said clearly in his bail affidavit that he put his legs on before going back to the bathroom, kicked the door, went back to the bedroom to get his bat before reaching Reeva. Somebody had to have given instruction for the animation team to film him without prosthetics on struggling with Reeva. The only reason to have him on his stumps in the toilet was to create a safety net for the DT and not to assist the court.

Don't forget he also described it as "I battled to get her out of the toilet and pulled her into the bathroom", if he'd already had his legs on I believe he would have just picked her up and taken her straight downstairs, no need to put her back down on the bathroom floor.

So I don't doubt he was still on his stumps when he dragged RS out, I don't think he put his "legs" on until she was already laying in the bathroom and he'd made his calls to Stander, security, etc, then once he had his ducks in a row he put on his legs and made his grand descent.

Smoke and mirrors, IMO

The Broadcaster would not have purchased or would not broadcast something that was stolen or otherwise illegally obtained.

Either way the video has been played, enough of it has been played and captured by the NPA, no doubt about that. :D

But for discussion, how do you know that it was stolen or illegally obtained? It could have been given to someone for legitimate reason, but that person never signed any confidentiality agreement regarding the video. Also, Australia may have different civil laws than the country that the seller is from. Either way Team Osca has got to get some very good Australian attorneys to file paperwork and get a judge to intervene between now and tomorrow before the full video is aired. And if the media house is a professional organization with its own legal team that vetted the seller's right to negotiate the sale of the video, Team Osca is just wasting more of their time and money.

Smoke and mirrors, IMO

The Broadcaster would not have purchased or would not broadcast something that was stolen or otherwise illegally obtained.

And the ABC is Australia's most reputable news broadcaster.

ETA : is just after 9am now - isn't it showing tonight?

Not that I believe much of what the DT have said so far but they say they are furious at the leak.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Oscar_Pistorius/Australian-TV-to-air-secret-Oscar-video-20140705

“Pistorius’s lawyers are reported furious to how the video got released and has told eNCA that Paralympian had not given permission for the footage to be aired.”

BBM

I am sure that he hasn't. lol It is obvious why too. But it is kind of funny, because if it was a 're-enactment' which was done by OP himself, then what should they be so afraid of? A 'Re-enactment' means what it means, right? The truth? LOL..... OOPSIE

And the ABC is Australia's most reputable news broadcaster.

ETA : is just after 9am now - isn't it showing tonight?

Tomorrow night, Sunday, if I have been following the posts about it correctly. 8:30PM perhaps.

And why has it been leaked to Aussie and not SA journalists? Or, for that matter, not to US or UK ones? It's all very strange.

BIB

I couldn't tell from the video if he had his stumps on or off. From his testimony, I seem to recall OP saying he dragged Reeva out and that's what I could there but again, couldn't tell if legs were on or off.

BBM

Sorry but I must respond to the typo in the bolded part. Of course OP had his stumps on. He can never take them off.

Fully agree.

… but it does seem like quite a coincidence that this video would surface at this exact time : This is allegedly the last Defence witness
and no one could have predicted Nel would postpone his cross-examination until Monday.

The video must have been in the hands of the CG company and perhaps a copy for the DT…

Leaking it could result in a civil lawsuit against the CG company… but they are used to dealing in criminal trials… I suspect that they have some security and procedures to prevent such leakages.

So it comes back to the DT having leaked the video… and since it does not seem to help their case… there must be some yet unknown purpose behind the leak !!

I wonder if OP could prove that a member of his DT leaked the video… OP could say that his Defence were working against him, betrayed him, client attorney privilege…whatever… and ask for a mistrial based on misrepresentation.

Could that happen ?

My husband works in the animation field, for tv/film companies. There is often a problem with new episodes of shows being leaked before they air.

It is hard to totally lock it all down. There are so many parties involved in the process of putting a computer animation together. Security tries to track it all, but disgruntled employees sometimes win out. And some techies sneak copies during the process to sell for their own benefit. Risky, but very lucrative.

This does not surprise me. And I don't think it was the DT that leaked this at all. It is far too damaging, imo.

Either way the video has been played, enough of it has been played and captured by the NPA, no doubt about that. :D

But for discussion, how do you know that it was stolen or illegally obtained? It could have been given to someone for legitimate reason, but that person never signed any confidentiality agreement regarding the video. Also, Australia may have different civil laws than the country that the seller is from. Either way Team Osca has got to get some very good Australian attorneys to file paperwork and get a judge to intervene between now and tomorrow before the full video is aired. And if the media house is a professional organization with its own legal team that vetted the seller's right to negotiate the sale of the video, Team Osca is just wasting more of their time and money.

Fully agree… I don't have any rebuttal of a legal nature.

It's just my intuition speaking… I can't see that video being passed around without the appropriate boilerplate legal documents being signed.

Interestingly, we have read "deal with it accordingly", "busy taking action", "asked for urgent clarification", … but NOT "seeking an injunction"

Tell you what Viper, I'll wager a case of Lone Star beer that it's an OP/DT stunt ?

:hanging:

And why has it been leaked to Aussie and not SA journalists? Or, for that matter, not to US or UK ones? It's all very strange.

I wonder if the laws are different. the US has some strict copyright laws and maybe this falls under that if the rights are owned solely by OP>

It's just my intuition speaking… I can see that video being passed around without the appropriate boilerplate legal documents being signed.

Interestingly, we have read "deal with it accordingly", "busy taking action", "asked for urgent clarification", … but NOT "seeking an injunction"

Tell you what Viper, I'll wager a case of Lone Star beer that it's an OP/DT stunt ?

I wouldn't put it passed them, But I can't see how they would want anyone to ever view that film. Especially My Lady. How will it benefit them? Could it really cause a mistrial ? I don't know SA laws well enough.

It is Sunday now! I'm pretty sure it's on tonight, in 11 hours' time.

Ouch! It's Saturday here in Texas. So sorry Jake, my bad. And I did know you were in Australia, too many beers after a long day here is my only excuse. LOL!!!

The video is really shocking and huge for Pros but I also suspect that it could be kind of tactic from DT ..I don't know how they will benefit from that though..

Remember the leaked crime scene photos including close up photos of the bathroom floor with supposedly Botha's bloody footprints and an image of Reeva 's gift , four days prior to his first appearance on court after the bail hearing and again on the same day with the trial the leaking semi-naked photos of Reeva ..

At some crucial stages , something happen to leak.. Can't wait for Monday

:jail:

And this is such a unique case with considerable public interest - it could well have been very lucrative for the person who leaked the info, if that's what happened. I hope so.

It is Sunday now! I'm pretty sure it's on tonight, in 11 hours' time.

Jake, if you get to see it would you post your opinion please. I have a feeling in the UK we may not get to see this until much later, if at all. TIA

It's just my intuition speaking… I can't see that video being passed around without the appropriate boilerplate legal documents being signed.

I can't make the bet because I know that your intuition has been very good. You must admit though that the video is damning. It would have been good a couple of months ago when putative self defense was considered his defense; he armed himself and he intentionally went towards the intruder and shot him in self defense, which later turned out to be a mistake on his part. But now with his convoluted, uncertain testimony and the parade of experts to describe him as disabled to the extreme, it just does not serve him in any way. DR. Vs testimony may have kicked the negotiations for the video off, and now Dr. D must have put them in to high gear culminating in this spectacle that is unfolding right now. If Team OP goes after an injunction to stop the airing of the full video it just adds to the spectacle.

Jake, if you get to see it would you post your opinion please. I have a feeling in the UK we may not get to see this until much later, if at all. TIA

I'm especially interested in what the rest of it shows that apparently convinced the DT "expert" that he was innocent, though how you can be innocent when you've freely admitted you were the one that shot someone to death through a closed door I dunno...

Edit: Even the disabled in this article don't consider his defense any sort of legitimate excuse for murder...

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Oscar_Pistorius/Oscars-disability-doesnt-justify-killing-20140704

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz