Trial Discussion Thread #45 - 14.07.3, Day 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was willing to test something that he was never accused of that involved the handling of a stand-in girlfriend in a way he never described doing in the first place? If his version is the how it happened, he wouldn't have to come up with demonstrate anything other than the truth.

Perhaps OP was testing the real-world feasibility and plausibility of different version of events… then focus grouped the top 3 versions before deciding which one to go with…

:floorlaugh:

I'm confident that the answer is YES

The same thing happened with the Zombie stopper video.

Just thinking about this a bit more, I don't think they could use the new video ( https://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-night/video/watch/24393536/exclusive-pistorius-video/ ) that turned up today.

The reason I say this is that the defence fought tooth and nail saying that the Zombie Stopper video was trial by ambush. Eventually, they said they would not fight against it being viewed provided that this was the first and last time that the PT would do this. This would seem to imply that the PT would not be able to show the new video.

Someone prove me wrong pls because I'd like to see the video shown in court on Mon.

Roux has got one hell of a battle on his hands to keep the video out but it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't get in. Judge Masipa may also be concerned about the timing of it's release.

Last year I read all the Harry Potter books to my eldest daughter. And this makes me think of Mrs Weasley admonishing Ginny after she engaged with Tom Riddle's diary to "never trust anything unless you can tell where its brain is kept" (not an exact quote, btw).

I agree it looks awful for the DT but maybe it's a last ditch attempt to engage in some legal wrangling???

Whilst I agree with you it is a possibility, I am really hoping you are wrong LOL!

I've been gone a few days, but wanted to comment regarding Prof D's testimony...

1. What is all this fight/flight/startle nonsense? OP was found to have no diminished capacity at the time he killed Reeva, therefore his actions are being measured against those of the reasonable man. Assuming the person inside the toilet is an armed intruder who gained access by scaling the wall and crawling through the window rather than your awake girlfriend is not reasonable.

2. I've said it before and I'll say it again, OP is an elite athlete. He's an Olympian. In order to compete at that level one has to be as strong in mind as he is in body. I do not believe for one second that if he had this alleged severe anxiety/startle reflex that he would have ever qualified to compete at the absolute highest level any athlete can compete at.

3. If he had this extreme limited mobility on his stumps that the DT is putting to the court, I'd like to know why his house was not more handicapped equipped. He lived in a two story house for crying out loud. No elevator, no handicapped bars throughout, no wall-to-wall carpeting throughout...no evidence whatsoever that a handicapped person lived there.

The DT is throwing anything and everything at the wall hoping something will stick. MOO

Do you mean "strong in mind an body" like Tonya Harding, Lance Armstrong, Tiger Woods, Michael Vick, etc. etc. etc.?

Sounds a bit as if those with a disability are obliged to display it. My OH has two very severely disabled adult sons (one profoundly the other severely) and the nasty looks we get in the supermarket car-park when using a disabled bay just because they "look" and "act" normal and don't have a label saying "I am disabled" tatooed across their foreheads appears to mean for some the right to judge whether they should have the blue badges the local Council deemed they absolutely did qualify for.

Just thinking about this a bit more, I don't think they could use the new video ( https://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-night/video/watch/24393536/exclusive-pistorius-video/ ) that turned up today.

The reason I say this is that the defence fought tooth and nail saying that the Zombie Stopper video was trial by ambush. Eventually, they said they would not fight against it being viewed provided that this was the first and last time that the PT would do this. This would seem to imply that the PT would not be able to show the new video.

Someone prove me wrong pls because I'd like to see the video shown in court on Mon.

Saying they would not object to the Zombie stopper video provided it would be the 1st and last time the PT would do this… is not a legal argument… it's something a mother says to her child.

I suspect the DT knew they could not win the objection so they conceded to the PT in that colorful manner.

Can't think of a legal problem by asking an expert to comment on the latest video which shows exactly what the expert is stating is improbable or impossible.

I am thinking the defense are gunning for a change of judge they are gambling on the judge viewing the video and therefore excluding her from duty as you would if a jury member saw this at this stage of the trial
Yes it's damaged op but I feel it came from that camp and feel something amiss

He was willing to test something that he was never accused of that involved the handling of a stand-in girlfriend in a way he never described doing in the first place? If his version is the how it happened, he wouldn't have to come up with demonstrate anything other than the truth.

Maybe he originally told his DT 'this is how it happened' and they told him , 'I don't think so Oscar that version doesn't support the evidence, we'll have to back to the drawing board' lol.

Do you mean "strong in mind an body" like Tonya Harding, Lance Armstrong, Tiger Woods, Michael Vick, etc. etc. etc.?

Sounds a bit as if those with a disability are obliged to display it. My OH has two very severely disabled adult sons (one profoundly the other severely) and the nasty looks we get in the supermarket car-park when using a disabled bay just because they "look" and "act" normal and don't have a label saying "I am disabled" tatooed across their foreheads appears to mean for some the right to judge whether they should have the blue badges the local Council deemed they absolutely did qualify for.

Not challenging the fact that "severely disabled" individuals could "look and act normal"

But you must concede that it is not abnormal behavior for people to judge or prejudge based on what they see and hear…

Some non-disabled individuals do abuse the the disabled bays in car-parks… forge the blue badges, borrow them, have friends in local Council, etc..

Thanks all, for the information and the analysis.

I'm still processing the possibilities (tactics) around the things that have 'released', 'leaked', 'promoted' now on the Pistorius trial.

Sorry moderators about the previous comments, but I suspect the report may be allowed out as public knowledge, will comment further later.

Oscar on his stumps pulling someone out of the toilet, why would he do that when its not part of his version?.

BIB

I couldn't tell from the video if he had his stumps on or off. From his testimony, I seem to recall OP saying he dragged Reeva out and that's what I could there but again, couldn't tell if legs were on or off.

He's a guy that's what guy's do.................eh !! Sorry but guys normally look at '*advertiser censored*' with the wives/ladies/girlfriends that they are with not on the sly while said 'ladies' are making food in the same house.

Gawd Almighty it's pretty obvious from the evidence they were both/if not even just Reeva by herself watching looking at this website.

don't get confused by this 'Christian' garbage fgs !!

AIMOOC :)

And what to expect in hot countries, carpets?

In Spain carpets and rugs, those bacteria friendly floor coverings, which are the norm in the UK, are almost unheard of. And the UK tradition of carpet in the loo! And the worst of even the worst, those twee mats cut to fit around the toilet base, as far as I can deduce invented so men can dribble and spatter their urine as they please without regards to anyone else since it sinks to the bottom of the pile out of sight even if not out of smell... too lazy to aim properly, too arrogant to consider what is nice for others, and too insecure to sit down like a woman and direct their detritus into the correct place so as to avoid their partners having to wipe up after them as if they were still babes in arms dependent on mummy to wipe their bottoms! Sorry but I'll go with tiles any day since for me carpets are gross... and parents allow their babies to crawl around on them... Ugh!

And an interesting experiment. With the men's public urinals awash with urine everywhere but where it should be a Dutch local Council had painted, transferred or whatever, an extremely realistic fly in the centre of each urinal, and lo an behold the volume of urine outside the bowl dropped almost to zero as the men aimed their status symbols with its unhealthy ammunition to hit the fly!
JMHOSNNFS,I,OR.

I am not saying that this is a "useful post", but it sure made me laugh !

He's a guy that's what guy's do.................eh !! Sorry but guys normally look at '*advertiser censored*' with the wives/ladies/girlfriends that they are with not on the sly while said 'ladies' are making food in the same house.

Gawd Almighty it's pretty obvious from the evidence they were both/if not even just Reeva by herself watching looking at this website.

don't get confused by this 'Christian' garbage fgs !!

AIMOOC :)

BiB… could you elaborate ?… what evidence leads you to believe that OP and RS were watching *advertiser censored* together ? or RS alone was watching *advertiser censored* ?

:confused:

I think you are a day out. It will air in the morning of the 6th July UK time and South African time, so we'll before court's in session.

I hope it will be available online somewhere.

It should be on, according to the timezone converter, at 3:30am my time tomorrow morning.. I'll be checking to see if I can get it! That's in about 11 1/2 hours from now.

So Team Osca is taking action to try to stop the video from being played? Too little too late, we've all seen more than enough to know that OP is lying about what happened that night and about his disability. So much to love about the video, but him charging forward with the gun extended and ready to deal with that horrible Mr. Armed Intruder and then covering his retreat, backwards, is just awesome! Great acting there Osca!

Quote:

"We are busy taking action against the Australian media house [that has the video]," his attorney Brian Webber told Sapa.

"They have no right to broadcast the video. We will deal with it accordingly."

<Snipped>

National Prosecuting Authority spokesperson Nathi Ncube said it was not commenting on the video.

So Team Osca is taking action to try to stop the video from being played? Too little too late, we've all seen more than enough to know that OP is lying about what happened that night and about his disability. So much to love about the video, but him charging forward with the gun extended and ready to deal with that horrible Mr. Armed Intruder and then covering his retreat, backwards, is just awesome! Great acting there Osca!

Quote:

"We are busy taking action against the Australian media house [that has the video]," his attorney Brian Webber told Sapa.

"They have no right to broadcast the video. We will deal with it accordingly."

<Snipped>

National Prosecuting Authority spokesperson Nathi Ncube said it was not commenting on the video.

Smoke and mirrors, IMO

The Broadcaster would not have purchased or would not broadcast something that was stolen or otherwise illegally obtained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member