Trial Discussion Thread #45 - 14.07.3, Day 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm, if it's in the public domain, can Nel find a way to get it into evidence? Or if it is the Professor, can Nel now use the video to rebut his testimony?

I'm confident that the answer is YES

The same thing happened with the Zombie stopper video.

I'm also surprised that the prosecution hasn't used the video of OP putting on his prostheses in a few seconds - that was also in the public domain. To demonstrate that he could still have left the bedroom quickly, without being on stumps.

Witnesses have told the court the paralympian was unable to run on his stumps without holding on to something for stability, but the preview footage shows him running unaided.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...p-shooting-in-extraordinary-leaked-video.html

Can't Nel refer to this video clip?

After all, it's absolute proof that he doesn't need to hold onto something in order to move around. But I seem to remember reading that so long as he's moving, he has balance - but once he stops, he needs to hold onto something. I don't know any more. I'm lost with all the changes to his version versions.

Anneliese Burgess, a spokeswoman for Mr Pistorius, said the athlete's legal team was "seeking urgent clarification" from the broadcaster about the footage.

Too late folks. The truth is out of the bag and there ain't no way they can get it back in. The world now knows that the last witness produced by the DT in a desperate effort to save the day was not only grossly misleading the court but was doing so on a point concerning which the DT had ample access to the full truth. He didn't just misrepresent the facts about OP's physical capacities when on his stumps, that was the essential thing he came to court to do.

It looks strongly to me as though we now have either perjury or contempt of court - in addition to murder of course. And every chance that the judge will look at it the same way if the issue is raised, though I suspect she may be the only person involved who is conscientious enough not to be following the case via the media.

Does anyone know approximately when OP had the beard? I'm pretty sure it was before the trial, so this must have been done for his first version...

These clowns already tried to mislead the court with Dixon and his man kneeling at the window and now we have this, they are a shocking excuse for a defence team.

Witnesses have told the court the paralympian was unable to run on his stumps without holding on to something for stability, but the preview footage shows him running unaided.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...p-shooting-in-extraordinary-leaked-video.html

Can't Nel refer to this video clip?

After all, it's absolute proof that he doesn't need to hold onto something in order to move around. But I seem to remember reading that so long as he's moving, he has balance - but once he stops, he needs to hold onto something. I don't know any more. I'm lost with all the changes to his version versions.

OP is busted on lying about not being able to stand still on his stumps, go to the 12 second mark in the video. He stands there comfortably, and reenacts brushing his left hand lightly against the wall while demonstrating that he does not need the wall for support or stability.

And James' point about OP dragging the woman from the WC on his stumps is not to be dismissed. Thank you James!

I really just cannot imagine anything worse for the DT than this video.

Too late folks. The truth is out of the bag and there ain't no way they can get it back in. The world now knows that the last witness produced by the DT in a desperate effort to save the day was not only grossly misleading the court but was doing so on a point concerning which the DT had ample access to the full truth. He didn't just misrepresent the facts about OP's physical capacities when on his stumps, that was the essential thing he came to court to do.

It looks strongly to me as though we now have either perjury or contempt of court - in addition to murder of course. And every chance that the judge will look at it the same way if the issue is raised, though I suspect she may be the only person involved who is conscientious enough not to be following the case via the media.

Hmm... Perhaps Dr. D will not be available Monday morning after all. Or he is going to have to turn on OP and burn him with a vengeance! LOL!!! Credibility needs to be recaptured for the good doctor I feel, this trial is not his career and future, but it could severely impact both if he tries to maintain his current support of OP.

[snip]

So far I've been taking the view that every criminal has the right to a good defence and that the DT were doing their job to the best of their ability despite the obvious handicap that their client is guilty. This changes that picture. It is extremely hard to see how the DT would not have been aware of these clips all along. If so, their efforts to defend OP have involved a calculated effort to deceive the court on a point of fact that they were fully aware of.

OP is busted on lying about not being able to stand still on his stumps, go to the 12 second mark in the video. He stands there comfortably, and reenacts brushing his left hand lightly against the wall while demonstrating that he does not need the wall for support or stability.

And James' point about OP dragging the woman from the WC on his stumps is not to be dismissed. Thank you James!

BBM - okay, re-watched it and stopped at 12-second mark. Well well well. I don't believe it.

This gentle and respectful conflict-avoidant barely-mobile-on-his-stumps :liar: just can't stop himself. I sincerely hope this is brought up to prove how the DT's 'expert' witnesses are lying through their teeth in court.

So far I've been taking the view that every criminal has the right to a good defence and that the DT were doing their job to the best of their ability despite the obvious handicap that their client is guilty. This changes that picture. It is extremely hard to see how the DT would not have been aware of these clips all along. If so, their efforts to defend OP have involved a calculated effort to deceive the court on a point of fact that they were fully aware of.

Does anyone know if it is illegal in SA for Defence Lawyers to knowingly allow false evidence to be given in defence testimony?

Love the new look, but
1. The posters' names are very small
2. The quotes are way too small and as a lot of us here are older, it's very hard to read.
3. "The following Users say thank" is in a huge font IMO and would look better if it was the same size as the names themselves. They just jump out from the page as they're so prominent. JMO

Thank you for stating this. I agree!!!!

BBM That's how I see it. The brief for this company had to be to create a 3D animation of OP's statement to his own DT. He said clearly in his bail affidavit that he put his legs on before going back to the bathroom, kicked the door, went back to the bedroom to get his bat before reaching Reeva. Somebody had to have given instruction for the animation team to film him without prosthetics on struggling with Reeva. The only reason to have him on his stumps in the toilet was to create a safety net for the DT and not to assist the court.

Does anyone know the full name of the last defense witness? I want to check something out. TIA

ETA: Nevermind, I found it.

The Prof's website is down due to exceeding bandwidth......

If this video was sold for millions, I'm saying OP is involved. Stick a few million in the bank for 25 years at 4-5% and he can buy himself a new set of legs with matching zimmer frame on his release.

He comes flying down that room and slows down comfortably, he looks like he is acting in a film role totally focused instead of being emotional about recreating the night he killed the "love of his life", can't wait to this liar behind bars.

Though I can't stream vids, WSers always paint pics w/words, such as yours here, which provide me with a good visual.

BBM - this makes me think of OJ in court trying on the gloves soaked in the blood of the former wife he killed. Cold... cold...

Thank you for stating this. I agree!!!!

You should try to read the page using an iPhone! I'm getting everyone's avatars memorized though, that helps. I may have to download and try the TapaTalk app.

Does anyone from Australia know from which territory in Oz Channel 7 is broadcast ? The time differences vary between 8 and 11 hours, depending on territory. So UK time we are looking at somewhere between 9.30 am to 12.30pm tomorrow morning. I have been trying to find a link from which I can watch the program but have been totally unsuccessful. It may, of course, be impossible and I shall have to wait for Yahoo to upload it.

The Prof's website is down due to exceeding bandwidth......

If this video was sold for millions, I'm saying OP is involved. Stick a few million in the bank for 25 years at 4-5% and he can buy himself a new set of legs with matching zimmer frame on his release.

OP could have done that by just telling the truth from the start. He would have kept his money instead of giving it to Roux and Oldwage.

But I have a feeling that it was sold for millions of SA Rands, not US dollars or GB pounds. So maybe a hundred thousand dollars, if the report of the monetary amount is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay